Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to the Contest Talk board!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fixed the spelling error that was in my video... cause I'm sure you all were concerned. LOL.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
I've fixed the spelling error that was in my video... cause I'm sure you all were concerned. LOL.

I haven't slept in three days, mainly because i couldn't figure out what was spelled wrong in the first place-laura
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Laura, now you can rest easy, for it is all behind us.

I choked on Kate's name. Ahh, poor little old Kate. I'm glad SOMEONE's looking out for her. LOL.

I bet nobody would have noticed if I spelled Sun's name wrong.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mattconner
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

Thanx Charmax, for the compliments.
And hey Jake, you also choked on Emilie's name

it's not Emile - it's Emilie according to the show's credit)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
We're back in business MoreLight. Here you go:

http://we-happy-few.net/downloads/GodIsDead.zip

Excellent! Ima download this right now. Cheers!

JNR I didn't mean to make this a production for you sorry.
That's why I PMed it. I figured you'd just quietly make the switch and I wouldn't have told anyone honest.
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO. Wow. I had both of those written down correctly in my notes (another reason why Premiere rocks) but then choked on both on the actual titles. I think I was just rushing them. The perfectionist in me will not let it slide. Fixing it as we speak. May not be done till later, but it will be done, oh yes, it will be done.

And don't feel bad about pointing it out. I'm glad you did.

The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How dare you mess up both my favorite actresses' names! That's just wrong! Heh, I'm just kidding. I actually didn't even notice. You guys have made some pretty cool intros. I think my favorite part in yours, Jake, is the part with Sun. I think her part went really well with the song.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Last Soul wrote:
I think my favorite part in yours, Jake, is the part with Sun. I think her part went really well with the song.

Um, yeah. I guess it's a good thing I planned it like that then (look around cautiously to see if anyone notices the surprised look on my face). Totally on accident. I'm even sure how the clip bares importance to the lyric at that point, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, if I'd have been placing them according to lyric (not that there was much to work with) I would have definitely had Claire's credit right over the memory lyric where Hurley is. But words.

I just put the actors in the alphabetical order that they appear in on the credits of the show. I didn't want to stray from alpha order cause then I feel like that makes one character seem more important than the other. And I love them all, even that loser Boone.

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. I had been holding off on watching any of the submitted intros until I finish mine... but I got curious and took a peak at Jake's. Nice video BTW! The interesting thing is that I had picked out quite a few of the same shots that you did. Even the ending shot with the ocean! Wow, great minds I guess. Don't worry, I've been switching out some clips so it doesn't look like I totally ripped you off. ...and I won't be watching any of the others till I get this done, so let me just say any similarities to other vids is purely coincidental. lol.

I'm spending way too much time on this one, mainly since the deadline is so far away. Classic artist behavior... they'll just keep working until someone takes their paint away.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
The interesting thing is that I had picked out quite a few of the same shots that you did. Even the ending shot with the ocean! Wow, great minds I guess. Don't worry, I've been switching out some clips so it doesn't look like I totally ripped you off.

I watched someone elses after mine was done and had the exact same feeling. I think we may find a lot of that with this one for some reason. But funny no less. And thanks for the kind words.

Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a deadline for the contest? I thought I might give it a go...

The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
The Last Soul wrote:
I think my favorite part in yours, Jake, is the part with Sun. I think her part went really well with the song.

Um, yeah. I guess it's a good thing I planned it like that then (look around cautiously to see if anyone notices the surprised look on my face). Totally on accident. I'm even sure how the clip bares importance to the lyric at that point, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, if I'd have been placing them according to lyric (not that there was much to work with) I would have definitely had Claire's credit right over the memory lyric where Hurley is. But words.

I just put the actors in the alphabetical order that they appear in on the credits of the show. I didn't want to stray from alpha order cause then I feel like that makes one character seem more important than the other. And I love them all, even that loser Boone.

It wasn't exactly the lyrics of the song that I thought went well. It was the music and expression on Sun's face that I liked.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charmax wrote:
Is there a deadline for the contest? I thought I might give it a go...

End of the month is the deadline.

All the details are here:
http://www.lostvideo.net/contest_2005_03.php
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was iffy if the judges were actually doing this--i'm guessing so. Get ready for vanilla ice ice baby-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO... can't wait!! Yo, VIP, let's kick it!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: