Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Scattered-S4 recap" by Jinlovessunxx
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: "Scattered-S4 recap" by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Scattered-S4 recap" 01-25-2009
January 2009 Contest Submission. Recap of Season 4.
Song: Dayvan Cowboy by Boards of Canada
Vidder: Jinlovessunxx
Length: 7:57 (131 MB WMV)

Link(s):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SWB_iePU2w
http://www.imeem.com/people/7CHTsJA/video/oA3lWQAW/jinlovessunxx_scattered_tv_video/ http://www.vimeo.com/2956315

**I added an Imeem link and vimeo isn't working right now so I'm trying to fix it! =)

Last edited by Jinlovessunxx on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!!!

Watching your vid and watching mine is a very stark contrast. I can see so much that I couldn't fit in or that I should've put in my own recap, and you did yours so well. The effects and beat use were fantastic.

There's not much that I can say except that yours should definitely place in the contest, no doubt. Good luck!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Kate this is AMAZING!
Your beat use was unbelievable, and I loved the way you slowed the clips up and down. It looked so cool The colors were beautiful too and they really gave the video a special mood
You just had every important clip from season 4 in one video. That must have taken you ages to make
The song was great too. Very good song choice for a recap Anyway... I definitely think your gonna get a good place in the contest. Wonderful video!

( Gold )
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOAH, How amazing was this?! VERY!

Kate, outstanding work! First of all, brilliant song choice! It was gorgeous and fit well for a recap. Your transitions and clips worked extremely well with the song also! I loved how you had the little flashbacks there too, like when we saw Ana and I really loved when Hurley was jumping in the water and we had the similarity of Charlie jumping in too! Gah, wish I could say alot more! Extremely brilliant recap! And I know how hard they can be! Gorgeous work, voting gold! Good luck in the contest!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are freaking amazing Kate! This vid just blew me away! I'm in awe at how beautiful it was! Also I think it was really original that you didn't really use any audio yet the story was so clear! I loved all your effects so much! The one that really stood out for me was when Kate and Jack first meet Dan and the video is all sped up! That looked so awesome! Woo Kate, just wow!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the gold viewer pick everyone! *hugs*

Maja- Aw, thanks! I'm really excited that you liked my beat use, coming from you, your beat use is crazy awesome! Yeah it took me a little while to choose which scenes to put in and how to fit it all in, but I'm happy with what I chose Thanks so much though, I worked really hard to find a cool song for a recap too! Thanks for the gold too

Jemma- Wow, thank you so much *hugs* I'm really glad you loved the song, yay!! Also, I knew you would love the Charlie bit too, double yay! Your comment was soo sweet, it made me smile real big, thank you soooo much. Thanks for the gold too

Nikki-Awww, why thank you! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed it! I'm glad you grasped the concept of me not using much audio! I only wanted to use some at the beginning and at the end, I didn't want just the audio to tell the story, so thanks very much for taking note of that I'm sooo happy, thank you!!

IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Kate this one is a winner! I loved it! It was a very complete re-cap, but more than that, it was very emotional as well. You did an excellent job of using those extreme close ups and slo-mo effects.
I was worried for a second though when I was a 4th of the way through and I was still in the first episode, but you really picked up the pace with the music and fit the whole season in.
At first I though the voice overs were kind of out of place (because you weren't using them in the beginning), but by the end they had a very powerful effect. I loved Hurley saying "we're lying to protect everyone that didn't come back" paired with jack saying "It's an Island it doesn't need anyone to protect it!"
Overall I really liked the way you related the flashforwards to the island story. Great job! Big fan of you!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Yael for your detailed comment I really appreciate it! I'm soo happy you liked the audio that I had of Hurley and then paired with the Jack audio, it's great you caught up on that Thank you for being a fan of me and taking the time to comment on my vid

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great recap Kate! You really managed to cover all the important moments aswell as the more memorable ones
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Paul, I'm glad you thought I touched on all the important moments, I really appreciate it!

Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Kate that was an amazing vid!! I usually can't watch recap vids, cause i end up loosing interest half way through. lol But yours was so beautifully done, i couldn’t stop watching! I loved the coloring, and the transitions, were really cool. Awesome Job! Good Luck in the contest, you really deserve to place.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thanks Morgan! I know what you mean, recaps can be long sometimes! I'm so pleased you liked it though and you didn't lose interest which makes me smile, thank you, thank youuu

emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Scattered-S4 recap by Jinlovessunxx Reply with quote

SImply WOW!!!! This is so amazing Kate, such perfect clip choices and perfectly edited! You managed to keep me captivated the whole way through, it was so enjoyable to watch! I loved all the effect you used and it just fitted with the music so well! Ooh and I especially loved how you overlayed the Charlie death bit with Hurley's jump in the water and vision thing (if that makes sense haha) Brilliant beyond words!!!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma, your comment totally made me smile from ear to ear, you are sooo freakin sweet! I'm so happy you were captivated all the way through, that's exactly what I wanted! Thanks again Emma *hugs*

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't just a great recap but it was beautiful, too! It has so much mood and feeling to it! The music was a fantastic choice as well! I enjoyed it a bunch! Great work and good luck in the contest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: