Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Anti-Request
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dio
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Uploaded. Here it is:

http://www.phoenixflies.com/SomebodyHelpMe.zip

It's to "Somebody Help Me" by Full Blown Rose [the Tru Calling theme song].
DreamVision
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I really liked this video Dio! It was interesting seeing the parallel between the two women and how their pasts are very different yet they both seem to feel the same sense of desperation. Great song choice and your clip choices were right on. Wonderful job!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: An Anti-Request Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
Many songs have a sort of intro feel and then at some point into it they really "kick-in" and it seems that often times people decide to use the clip from the plane crash where people rise out of their seats and hit the roof of the plane. I've seen it A LOT on these videos. Can we end it? Please!!

Aw, man! I was like 3 seconds away from sending in my first vid when I read this. *holds up hand* Guilty as charged! But, but, but... it was the best clip for the scene and, and, and... I have a lot of other stuff around it that I *really* doubt anybody's seen before (mainly because I just spent a month building it ). Can't I pretty please have the big "music-kicks-in-and-people-fly-up-and-hit-the-ceiling" moment, just one more time? Pretty pleeeeease???

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay ^^ you can have that. But just this once!

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dio
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamVision wrote:
Oh I really liked this video Dio! It was interesting seeing the parallel between the two women and how their pasts are very different yet they both seem to feel the same sense of desperation. Great song choice and your clip choices were right on. Wonderful job!

Heh, thanks. I'm trying to move away from Sun now... I use her too much in my videos -- but I can't help loving her!
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: An Anti-Request Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Can't I pretty please have the big "music-kicks-in-and-people-fly-up-and-hit-the-ceiling" moment, just one more time? Pretty pleeeeease???

By all means, please use it. Just because this one idiot doesn't like it anymore doesn't mean you shouldn't use it. Absolutely use it.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh, thanks, Hobbes and Jake!

I just sent in my vid... Okay, I actually just hit "send" instead of "attach" and sent in a vid submission without a vid (please tell me that somebody else has done that!). Then 45 mintues later after the vid finally uploaded (gotta love dial-up! ), I attached the vid then sent it. But, point being, after lurking here practically from Day 1, I finally tried my hand at making a "Lost" vid and sent the silly thing in!

Emphasis on silly...

And no doubt my next stop will be the Rejectee Thread... But, hey, at least I gave it a shot, huh?

~Aislynn
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

I just sent in my vid... Okay, I actually just hit "send" instead of "attach" and sent in a vid submission without a vid (please tell me that somebody else has done that!). Then 45 mintues later after the vid finally uploaded (gotta love dial-up! ), I attached the vid then sent it. But, point being, after lurking here practically from Day 1, I finally tried my hand at making a "Lost" vid and sent the silly thing in!

~Aislynn

*raises hand* I did that. Hey, at least you REALIZED your mistake immediately afterwards. I spent several days thinking "Why aren't they letting me know about my vid!? I'm sure it didn't get in!" only to look in my inbox a couple of days later and see a message asking me where my vid is! Yeah, I'm a moron.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've done that about 3 times already >.<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew, I'm in good company... Yay!

You know, I'm pretty sure that absent-mindedness is a sign of brilliance or something...

(Okay, it's probably the "or something" but we can at least pretend, now can't we???)

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You know, I'm pretty sure that absent-mindedness is a sign of brilliance or something...

not a sign. A side-effect
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: