Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LVI 2008 Tournament!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: LVI 2008 Tournament! Reply with quote

It's November, the time for you to cast what could be the most important vote of your life...

...in the LVI 2008 Tournament!

Today kicks off the start of the celebration of LVI's 4th anniversary and we're bringing you an even bigger and better Tournament than before! From this group of awesome Gold Viewer's Pick and Council Pick winners, the vid that will eventually be crowned the Vid of the Year will be decided! And this year, we've taken the Open Polls and reformatted them into the Members' Choice Awards! Here will be where the coveted titles such as Best Jate, Best Skate and many, many others will be decided from a group of literally hundreds and hundreds of the very top category vids submitted to LVI over this past year.

Voting is open to all existing LVI vidders, so please have a great time watching and re-watching all of these excellent vids before you make your informed decision! Remember, there's nothing more important this November than casting your vote!

Last edited by Aislynn on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!I'm happy it started....
And i'm kind of surprised of some nominations in the Member's Choice...i don't want to sound rude but i kind of hoped to see other vids than the ones in there...it's just my opinion.I appreciate highly the CM member's choice and i don't want to insult anyone.
I thought that i'll see Fabri's Love Should or All i need in the best Jate category or Kait's "Love like Strangers" in the best AU category...i don't know but these vids are the ones that i want to watch over and over again...

But i'm glad it's time for fun and voting
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you mean my Sam/Kate "Love Like Strangers" vid Unless Kait made one that I can't see And that video wasn't eligible; i made it after the cut off date for tourney entries (the cut off was October 31)

The question you had about vid's in the Member's Choice; believe me we've had the same exact thoughts. Each of us wanted different videos in so many categories. In the Jate category alone, there were hundreds, yes hundreds, of videos over the past year that we had to whittle down to five. It's inevitable we can't please everyone, we just hope everyone understands how awesome this makes all these videos. It broke a lot of hearts narrowing down the numbers, lol

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowsies, Kat, I feel really honored that me and Jemma's Shooting Star vid made it in then! That must have been tough decision choosing all those vids...I think you guys did a good job.

art by me&tammy
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
I think you mean my Sam/Kate "Love Like Strangers" vid Unless Kait made one that I can't see And that video wasn't eligible; i made it after the cut off date for tourney entries (the cut off was October 31)

The question you had about vid's in the Member's Choice; believe me we've had the same exact thoughts. Each of us wanted different videos in so many categories. In the Jate category alone, there were hundreds, yes hundreds, of videos over the past year that we had to whittle down to five. It's inevitable we can't please everyone, we just hope everyone understands how awesome this makes all these videos. It broke a lot of hearts narrowing down the numbers, lol

Sorry of course i mean your vid...unintentional mistake...
Yeah i get it...i know it's really difficult for you that was just my opinion
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1 of the Tournament is soon coming to a close, so if you haven't done your voting yet, be sure to do it as soon as possible!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 has been delayed by some unavoidable technical difficulties but don't worry, it will go up as soon as possible! Thanks for your patience and understanding! ♥!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2, week 4 is now active! Be sure to come and vote between now and Dec 7th!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'd just like to apologize for that huge delay with the tournament. It has been my responsibility to make sure the coding is done, and the rounds get up quickly and fairly, but I totally let you guys down there. I just couldn't get the time to do my part, and the site suffered for it . Anyway, I just don't want anyone going and blaming the others for my blunder here . I hope you all still have an amazing tournament and anniversary, and find some way to forgive me for delaying this exciting showdown

Have an awesome thanksgiving LVI, a rocking tournament, and some happy holidays!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the finals are finally here! Vids by KajaM, littleton_pace, Belxf, and Polarbear are facing off to find out the very best of 2008. Good luck to the four of you, and congrats to everyone on an amazing year. Literally thousands of vids were sent in this year. And the vids in this tourney have been selected to be some of the best of the best. Well done, LVIers - you've done it again!

Now, go vote in the final round!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: