Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Better Than Me" by Lostwithoutdom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: "Better Than Me" by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Better Than Me" 10-25-2008
October 2008 contest submission - AU- Claire dies, and Charlie is left to care for their son. He misses Claire and starts to doubt himself as a father. Charlie copes with his grief the only way he knows how.
Song: Better Than Me by Hinder
Vidder: Lostwithoutdom
Length: 3:00 (64.0MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW9grFjuGjo
http://www.sendspace.com/file/srvvla
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n1zezx

Last edited by Lostwithoutdom on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was AWESOME morgan!!! one of the most convincing AU's i've seen!!! I loved the start with Claire 'dying'; that was so well done; i totally believed it! I loved the funeral with charlie holding Aaron, actually every one of those scenes was awesome. like charlie visiting claire's grave with aaron; fantastic. I loved how he was at the church and remembered their wedding day; loved charlie seeing claire throughout his life after her death. I loved that you used that sad Wyatt scene at the end when charlie's losing it; that's one of my fave wyatt faces; even tho its sad He's the perfect aaron and the end; omg! fantastic video; good luck in the comp!

one thing; its says "Cassidy" under the characters; i thought you were gonna shock us with a new ship, lol!

tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg! Morgan that was brilliantly done. The ending made me want to cry. You did a fabulous job, definitely a fav!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! morgan that was mind-blowing! such a fantastic AU!! The ending really made me want to cry, poor Aaron! Most defo Gold and faved at YT!!

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Morgan!! This was such a fantastic AU from start to finish. Totally and utterly brilliant..hehe. I loved the beginning with Claire dying, and you showed throughout the vid how hard it was for Charlie to deal with her death so well...then the ending was sooo sooo sad but soo convincing. Huge well done, good luck in the contest!

VPnymph
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Better Than Me by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

Flawless AU'd clips. Amazingly put together and a really original story with a perfectly deviased beat use... I can't fault it in the slightest. xxx

Last edited by VPnymph on Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Better Than Me by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

You only have to watch the first 3 seconds to realise how amazing this vid is gonna be Agh, dammit, you've made me all speechless Because I know this video was just flawless and PERFECT!! And just OUTSTANDING but I feel like those words just don't cover it!! Lol, well I guess they'll have to do because this was really amazing. I LOVED it! I think it's one of your best, if not THE best vid you've ever done The AU moments were SO convincing and perfect!! God I loved all of this, it's hard to pic out fave parts but I'll try!

Ok, the beginning-Claire's death. Perfecto. With Charlie running over. Awesome Where Charlie is looking at their empty bed and says "Claire" so sad But it was really cool! And OMG! Where he's in the church and looks over and sees his and Claire's wedding Wow! Claire in the pub-so clever how you did that O_O Claire's diary with the photos in-I found that sweet and it was really clever how you manipped them in there. The bit where Charlie and Aaron are at Claire's grave "Cause we never had any closure" awww, heartbreaking! And then he says his "bits of me are crumbling" line. Ahh fantastic but saaad!! At 2:36 the guilty looks he gives Aaron were PERFECT!! Ah, I love that bit! He just looks so guilty and Aaron looks so sad! Then OMG at the end with Charlie over Aaron's bed And then he overdoses and Aaron comes out and says "Daddy!" WOAH! :'( Soo heartbreaking yet manipped SO well! You've really done a fantastic job here, Morgan! I loved every second of it Gonna fave on YouTube, GOLD!
ToxicTrashAlarm
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG Morgan. I mean, this video is just amazing. The first scene was absolutely perfect, your editing was fantastic it looked so believeable! I loved how Charlie remembered Claire and then realised she isn't actually there! Loved the song, just a brilliant video!! I nearly forgot to mention the end! My face actually dropped, it was just fantastic, the last bit of audio was perfect. I can't get over how much I loved this video. Good luck in the contest, this video really deserves to place

Avatar by Jourdan and banner by Deia! =D
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Morgan! That was amazing! I'm really blown away by this! Your AU scenes were incredible! The ones that really stood out for me was when Claire dies in the beginning and her funeral and then the ending with Charlie and the drugs and poor little Aaron. Amazing work! I think its your best AU ever!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Better Than Me by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

AWW! That was so sad! All your manips were awesome! I really liked the end! I mean, it was really sad... But really well edited! Great job! Good luck in the contest!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat: Thanks so much!! I'm so happy you thought all the maniped scenes looked real! It took so long to make everything look convincing, so I'm glad it all paid off. lol Thanks so much for those Wyatt scenes they were a life saver!! He really is the perfect Aaron.

Tammy: Aww thanks *gives tissue* I'm glad you liked it!

cagedfreedom: Sorry I know, i know your name but I'm blanking. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks so much for the gold!!

Kate: Thanks!! This sounds really sick, but I really loved editing the scene where Claire dies. lol I'm glad you liked it so much!

VPnymph: WOW! Thanks!

Jemma: You didn't have to make your comment so short, you know! I'm sure there was SOMETHING you liked. haha jk
I had to find a way to add the "crumbling" line, it was just too perfect.
Thanks for the awesome comment, I'm so glad you liked it!
Love ya!! Thanks for the Gold!

Toxic: Aww you're so sweet! Thanks for watching, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!

Nikki: Wow! My best ever!! That means so much coming from you Nikki, you're like the AU queen. lol Thanks for such a sweet comment, I'm glad you liked it!

Elyse: Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked the end. It was hard to make it look like Charlie was lying there, but I think it turned out ok.

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
LOST_Fanatic
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Better Than Me by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

That was beautiful beyond words. I almost cried at the end, especially when you add Aaron call out "Daddy." I'm going to have to watch the video again later to get the full effect. Right now my throat hurts and I feel so tired. I'm hope I'm not catching anything.

Anyways another great video as always.
lan-di
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video and idea! Congrats!

But check your Youtube link. Probably they removed your video. Contact the councils to find a solution about the contest entry.

Hopefully Sendspace link still works.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOST_Fanatic: Aww thanks so much!!

lan-di: Thanks, but I'm not sure what you're talking about. My vid wasn't removed and the youtube link is working fine...

banner by: everythingwasfallingapart on tumblr
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Better Than Me by Lostwithoutdom Reply with quote

WOW that was so great, I loved it! Your AU scenes were so well done and totally beleiveable. And the end was so sad with Aaron seeing him and the "Daddy!" Awesome Job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: