Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Guiding Light" by Kay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: "Guiding Light" by Kay Reply with quote

"Guiding Light" 07-13-2005
This is my first Lost video - actually, it is my first video ever. It was going to be a Charlie video, but then I saw something more and it became an ensemble vid
Song: Abe Messiah by The Tribe
Vidder: Kay
Length: 4:27 (36.6 MB WMV)

Link: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Guiding-Light_small
Kay
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Guiding light Reply with quote

Yay! My first vid ever made is up! I am quite proud of it, I must say. Please tell me anything that could be done to improve my vidder skills. *goes off to watch the vidder making vids on here*
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for all the dial-up people who never can watch the vids over 10MB so I resized this vid (and more) for you all to enjoy. Enjoy!

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Guiding-Light_small
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a good first vid. I like your theme and the tune is a good one for the clips you chose. Poor Charlie I kept thinking as I viewed this.

The only blaring criticisms I have are for the opening it seems like you have the hiking clip take up too much time and it will bore the viewer even though you may feel it is important to get that idea that Charlie seems to be either "tagging along" or following in someone elses footsteps you need to cut that long clip a bit or mix it up with another view of them walking. The other thing is the long chat with Locke in the cave. The dialog is gone and so even though you and the very astute Lost fans may know exactly the words that are spoken in this convo some of the other viewers may not and it gets tedious.

I really liked your use of the long crossfades which tend to make the images slowly melt into each other. Works great for a slow song like this. Overall this was a great first vid. I look forward to seeing more from you! Good job!

My lost music vids
Kay
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting it on putfile.com movieguy! I wanted to put it there orriginally, but I could not get it to upload.

Thank-you MoreLight for your critisism. I rewatched it and saw that you are quite right about those 2 scenes. Good thing to learn early I believe. The vid was going to be a walking video where everyone was walking - that was why so many scenes at the beginning were of them hiking. Then I saw that it could be more. You found even more in it then I found - lol.

I cannot wait to make more. I mst find clips though and figure out why my vid maker is shutting my computer down.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay wrote:
Thanks for putting it on putfile.com movieguy! I wanted to put it there orriginally, but I could not get it to upload.

Becuase to upload to putfile your vide has to 10MB or less, yours was 36MB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: