Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Widow" - Sawyer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: "The Widow" - Sawyer Reply with quote

* "The Widow" 2005-04-13
Haunting Sawyer journey? LOL
* Song: The Widow by Marsvolta
Vidder: LAURA4LAD
Length: 3:15 (11.02MB WMV)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-7fe-v40cs

APPARENTLY this vid is "not 'WOW'"

Laura, you already know my thoughts on this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost my ability to wow Warren...i think it was quiting smoking, I must have derived all my vidding skills from nicotine

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another quality vid by Laura! Not sure I care for the song or the Sawyer, but it's very well done as usual.

I liked the intercuting of Sawyer walking up and shooting the shrimp dude and the slow zoom out of him clutching the letter - then him jerking awake. All the cuts feel natural... it's professional quality.

oh and I like the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue Kate in your new sig banner.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:

oh and I like the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue Kate in your new sig banner.

LMAO!!! You know i thought only of you and Jake when I added that--I'd add Warren, but i think he is too innocent to be grouped with you men-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN that was good!

Loved the quick mid-scene cuts, they work surprisingly well.

You never fail to impress me, Laura

*claps*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd add Warren, but i think he is too innocent to be grouped with you men

LMAO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:
DAMN that was good!

Loved the quick mid-scene cuts, they work surprisingly well.

You never fail to impress me, Laura

*claps*

Missy I want--nay need an update on your clint eastwood vid. Spill-laura

Jake's Twin
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the Clint vid is almost 100% planned out, which is good. I haven't really gotten started with editing it yet as I've just finished reencoding all my vids and have FINALLY gotten the hang of Premiere enough to actually MAKE a vid! I'm hoping to get a good chunk done on the weekend. My vid attentions are being split between it and a Jack vid I'm working on at the moment so I'm not sure which one I'll be completing first. I'll let you know as SOON as I'm done
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SariaAngel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific video! Good song.
I just love the editing in this vid.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since this was about a character I'm not fond of at all --

Okay, I can't type that with a straight face... You know how I feel about my scruffy, nerf-herder Southern boy so I won't even try to pretend differently!

That said, however, I really liked this vid for its moody quality. Very atmospheric and cool! Really nice use of black and white spread throughout (I would imagine that's a technique that would be easy to overdo without realizing it). Are you still just using WMM, Laura? I don't even have to ask what version because I know it can't be 1 or there would be no such thing as b&w effects!

Anyway, great job! And you know there's nothing I enjoy more than having a Jater come for a visit to the Dark Side Which Is Sawyer (Motto: Like The Gravitational Pull Of The Sun, You Cannot Resist...THE DIMPLES... ). Mwaa-ha-haaaaa!

~Aislynn
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW that was an awesome vid!!! Excellent editing, I LOVE this vid!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again this rocked. I still haven't figured out why I haven't commented on this yet. Maybe you should change the LOL in the description dude. People will think it's a comedy. Oh well, then you can surprise them.
iceofthestars
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
That said, however, I really liked this vid for its moody quality. Very atmospheric and cool! Really nice use of black and white spread throughout (I would imagine that's a technique that would be easy to overdo without realizing it). Are you still just using WMM, Laura? I don't even have to ask what version because I know it can't be 1 or there would be no such thing as b&w effects!

I *loved* those black/white effects in there. For some reason, one part in the video that I remember right away when I think of it is the shot (black and white, and I think it's in slow-mo...?) of Sawyer setting down the glass of liquor after taking a swig in the "Outlaws" flashback. Dunno why, and I don't know why you need to know that lol, but I thought I'd share anyway, since I love this vid so much. This is one of those vids where I'm surprised that I like the song so much, too, hearing it for the first time with a LOST video accompanied with it. Anyways, thumbs up, awesome video.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic video! Watching this video is the one of reasons I became to interested in Sawyer's character. The song matches his past life perfectly. Wonderful work![/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: