Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"kate" by aohora

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aohora
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: "kate" by aohora Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"kate" 07-28-2008
This vid asks questions about Kate: Is she cursed or pushed in some unseen way? Why is she still running when there's nothing to run from?
Song: Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones
Vidder: aohora
Length: 3:55 (? MP4)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjYiThM-m-c
http://lostfanfic.blogspot.com/2008/07/kate-by-aohora.html
aohora
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: re: kate Reply with quote

I tried to leave a better description, but the site kept telling me I was using inappropriate "characters," whatever that means! Sorry!

I recommend the HQ version on youtube.

This vid asks questions about Kate: Is she cursed or pushed in some unseen way? Why is she still running when there's nothing to run from?

Thanks for the support LVI team! I hope you can see the vid without the robot movements!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Sometimes the site will give you that message when you use certain characters, such as : or ; . I changed your description for you.

Very nice character study of Kate!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool Kate vid! It's awesome to see a Kate vid to a Rolling Stones song, I loveeee this song! Your beat use was good, especially when Kate was beating up people!

Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool video Loved the use of the audio at the beginning Also cool song to have used for Kate
aohora
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: re: cool beans! Reply with quote

Silver rocks! Thanks guys!

Thanks for the positive comments. I tried to challenge myself by editing 3 different (albeit subtle) ways for the 3 different chorus repeats. I nearly went BLIND, so I'll be doing something a bit different next time!

I just noticed something! I forgot to mention that this is NOT a shipper vid (Sorry!). It looks a bit like one, but what I was trying to show was that, unable to "run" on the island, Kate has to face these two sides of herself--the Sawyer side and the Jack side. Unfortunately, she just isn't built that way---she's gotta keep movin'.

Then there's the horse. . .is it telling her to "run" or to STOP "running?" Why does she say she "knows" it?

Thanks again!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already left you a comment on youtube but just wanted to let you know again that I really enjoyed this....oh and Kate says she knows the horse b/c she saw it when she was trying to escape from the Marshall. I think its telling her to stop running....but thats just my opinion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aohora
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: re: thanks! Reply with quote

nikkimonique,

I saw your comment before--thanks so much! My spouse actually likes this vid better than Jack. I didn't think it would make as big as an impact as the jack vid because it's slower and more abstract, but I don't mind that too much because I really dig kate's character. The center of her personality is completely ambiguous. That's hard to pull off in a really cool show like LOST.

Not that I'm complaining AT ALL! I'm thrilled that LVI folks dig anything I do. I still can't figure out what the total MB of my vids are. That's how green I am!

I'm sorry I didn't post to you sooner--I'm moving soon, and I was enraged wtih my first annoying experience with youtube (which seems to be mostly fixed at the moment).

Thanks for the kind words!
aohora
aohora
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: kate by aohora Reply with quote

Updated Link: (Youtube sucks!)

http://www.alohaohora.com/aohora/Kate.html

to mods: embed code: <object><param><param><param><embed></embed></object>

(I'm retarded and don't know how to fix this myself!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: