Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

re: HELP! Youtube has sabotaged my vid!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aohora
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: re: HELP! Youtube has sabotaged my vid! Reply with quote

Ya'll know I'm new, so I'm hoping I won't earn the "stupid" sticker for yowling that I've published my latest kate vid to youtube every which way from Sunday and it still looks like everyone is doing the robot! ARRGGH!!

I made most of my editing decisions based on body movement, so you can guess how EL CRAPPO everything looks now!

HELP!

I made this with iMovie HD. I've tried exporting it to quicktime, iMovie 08, for web streaming, ipod, email--I've even created a really nice vid for disc burning and tried to upload it--EVERY time, it SUCKS!

What kills me is that home, on my Mac, it really looks beautiful!

Geez. I'm going to bed in disgust.

kate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbjL3BVkrPk
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched your vid.....its looks fine to me don't worry!

I left you a comment on youtube. Very nice Kate vid!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aohora
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: re: LVI = peace, love & charity Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your kind words! I was so irritated by being defeated by youtube, I gave it another shot this morning. I think what I have uploaded now is a bit better, so that's something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjYiThM-m-c

(just in case the URL changed. I forgot to check!)

At least now I feel like I can submit it at LVI!

Thanks again. Here's hoping I make the July contest deadline (not likely!).

aohora
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, aohora! Don't worry, we've all got horror stories of what YouTube has done to the quality of our vids before, (terrible quality, messing up the sound, even knocking things out of sync, which is a real heart-breaker when you work hard on beat use and on using the motion in the scene with the music! ) so pretty much everybody understands it's YT's fault and doesn't hold that against the vid itself. You can always suggest people watch the high quality version (that option should pop up underneath Views right under the vid as it plays) or you can offer it with an alternate link someplace like zshare where people can stream the better version or download it.

Also, the deadline on the July contest has been extended to Monday, August 4th, so hopefully that will give you the time you need but if not, don't hesitate to ask for an additional extension in the contest thread here. We're always happy to work with vidders if they're close but just not quite able to make the deadlines! Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: