Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Leave Me In The Dark - AU" by nikkimonique
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: "Leave Me In The Dark - AU" by nikkimonique Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Leave Me In The Dark - AU" 07-17-2008
This video is for FrecklesPhoenix b/c she LOVES Skate soooo much. I hope you like it. Special thanks to Emma for helping me with this and Kait for the prettiest vid pic ever! I Luv you all!
Song: Leave Me In The Dark by Keri Noble
Vidder: nikkimonique
Length: 3:00 (41 mov)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8NoYaJblQ
http://www.zshare.net/video/155035828561c594/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! This was amazing Nikki!

I loved everything. I loved his message to her in the beginning and I love the overlap dissolve in his mid jump. The idea and song combination were wonderful.
I love the way you make a big emotional impact with all of your characters. So deep! I liked the first time Jack saw Kate crying. That was a very good look from him.

I like the second time too and the way you manipped that shower scene to make it look like she was crying.

However, there were come critiques I would like to make.

For me, that part where she cuts herself was far to graphic! Like the one in "Ghosts" didn't bother me so much, but this one had the screaming and the blood bursting everywhere. The first time I watched this vid, I literally X-ed out the window and shut my lap-top in horror! I think in the 3 mins span of this video it was just too much. I think you'd do better next time if you cut it a little more artistically. Like show the beginning of the cut and the end result but just not the actual like... penetration (ewww.... ) Leave that part to the mental closure of the audience.

The other thing was Jack's character. I think you wanted to portray that he really cared and really tried to help her. This was nicely done with his look in the beginning and his reaction at the end, but sometimes I felt like he was an ass. Like when he says "I'm the one who's here' and the "well, he's not here is he?" He just kind off comes off as a jerk, which I guess is understandable, but it really didn't make like his character. I suppose this is not your fault though because that's the way I felt about it in the cannon of the show. Is that what you wanted? That kind of complex character?

Either way, brilliant, brilliant video! It obviously made me feel a lot of emotions. Fantastic job!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oohhh; creepy!!! like yael; i couldnt watch the cutting part; way too graphic for me. but you make these vids so awesoemly, nikki. very believable. poor kate. i loved the sawyer stuff on the chopper at the beginning. and the jack reviving Kate and kate's 'just let me go' was so heartbreaking! great work yet again!

khaleesi
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Leave Me In The Dark - AU by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Really tragic vid Nikki!! I ached for Kate because you really showed how badly she missed him, and the way you built up to the suicide scene worked very well. I agree the suicide scene itself seemed a little out of sync with the rest of the vid just because it's very sudden and graphic, but you cut it well with the scene of her crying and Jack attempting to revive her. Great, great job!! I loved the audio clips as well, they really conveyed what was going on ^_^

xxx
-Kait
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SassyLostie2
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great vid, Nikki. I thought that it was really awesome, but so sad for poor Kate. I'm glad she didn't really die at the end, and Jack was willing to give her up to Sawyer, if only she would live, after being somewhat bitter about her feelings for Sawyer with the "I'm the one who's here" stuff. So heartbreaking.

I didn't think that it was one of your best vids editing-wise, but the story was thought up and portrayed in a way so it made up for it, interest-wise. The end was a little bit abrupt and it was kind of hard to tell that she didn't actually die etc, but it was still very good and very emotional. Go Skate!

Also, I, for one, have seen that scene a few times, and it doesn't bother me. lol I've been desensitized from seeing this scene used in vids so many times. I only said that, because so many people seemed traumatized. tehe I thought that it was crazy though, what a great, but disturbing suicide scene, with the screams and all. You know how I love dark, angsty vids! Again, it made it even more cool that Jack managed to save her, so nice job with that part.

Make more vids like this soon, I miss Skate vids from you. hehe
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here s another fantastic vid from you, Nikki!
OMG loved everything about it, great editing and storyline, and great job with the AU scenes, too! my fave part was when Kate is in the shower crying and calling for Sawyer and Jack s there! aww.. poor Jack! I felt so sorry for him there! and I liked the ending, though I found it a lil disturbing and I had to take my eyes off of it for a few seconds! but Jack reviving her and the running dialogue between them were perfect! congrats sweetie! Gold from me

Last edited by fabri086 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this was creepy! Also it was really dramatic, and your storyline was awesome. That bloody moment was like woahhh! Your AU ideas are too outstanding for words sometimes. Also that part where Sawyer disapeared in the dream was fantastic..wow. I'd love to see more Skate vids from you. More!

emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Leave Me In The Dark - AU by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Like I said Nikki, it was AMAZING, I loved it! SO emotional, I loved all the audio you used My favourite parts were the beginning in the helicopter and the hug rewindy bit lol Oooh and I thought the end was ace too, great editing, it looked so real! Gold from me!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! I feel so bad now...I've horrified everyone with that suicide! Sorry guys! Maybe I should add a warning to my description.

awww, Yael, I'm sorry that suicide scene bothered you. But I wanted it to be REALLY shocking! I wasn't going for artistic....but I appreciate your advice....and I see now that it was a bit gratuitous. I'm just not easily bothered by stuff like that. . Also I purposely wanted to make Jack kind of seem like an ass b/c that is what made Kate more and more depressed about Sawyer and what drove her to try and kill herself at the end. Glad you liked the shower scene...that was one of my favs. Thanks for such a long in depth comment Yael. You're the best.

Kat, Thanks! I'm glad you mentioned the audio on the chopper.

Kait, Thanks and Thanks again for the vid pic...its my favorite out of the ones you've made me.

Sassy, awww you didn't like my editing in this? Was it the end? I know it got kind of choppy at the end b/c I ran out of song and I just couldn't get it to flow right and imovie kept sticking on me and I couldn't play anything back...grrrr so.. I gave up....blah...I'm lazy I guess.. Is that part you are talking about? Or was there something else? I'm glad the suicide scene didn't bother you...I'm feeling really bad that I horrified everyone!

Fabri, thanks sweetie. sorry the suicide scene bothered you.

Kate, Yay! You mentioned the disappearing scene! Thanks! Emma helped me with that. Thanks Emma!

Emma, Thanks sweetie with all your help with disappearing Sawyer. Thanks for the Gold! Oh and I'm so happy you liked the reverse part.

Last edited by nikkimonique on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Leave Me In The Dark - AU by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Great video Nikki
I enjoyed your use of audio through out the video, and then liked how you maniped the audio with the shower scene that was cool
Jack was a complete ass as well, but you portrayed him that way well
Great video, the suicide scenes didn't bother me that much and yeah it was shocking lol didn't really expect to see it in that amount of detail, but I think it may be a bit too much for people to see
LordXwee
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Leave Me In The Dark - AU by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Wow. This was so emotional and dramatic! I loved it. The beginning with Sawyer jumping out of the helicopter and the shower scene were my two favorite parts. Great job!
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Charlie and Becca

Last edited by nikkimonique on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nikki! First of all..i think this video is one of your best videos IMO.
yes the last part was very dramatic, shocking bla bla..but you made it very believable,like all the video. I love the audio manips parts, very clever. The first one was very emotional, the jack in the shower was really great too. All the story was sooo heartbreaking, all the kate's suffering was show it perfectly. Nice job hun

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww Thanks so much Deia...your comment has restored my faith in this vid...b/c I was starting to think it wasn't all that good. So thank you sweetie!

FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Leave Me In The Dark - AU by nikkimonique Reply with quote

Silver?!?!?!? BAH!!!!!! Ridiculous!!! I LOVED IT!!! But you already know that... Thank you again for dedicating this video to me. Someday I will dedicate a video to you, and it will blow your mind just as much as this one blew mine!! Great job. Another excellent AU from Nikki. I, of course, gave it gold, because that's what it deserves!!! Stinky LVI voters. Mucho love.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: