Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble editing profile

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Trouble editing profile Reply with quote

I can't seem to edit my profile at all. No matter what text I put in I get an error message saying:

Quote:
Your Bio has special characters. These are not allowed. Please remove them and try again.

Even if I go to "Edit Profile" and immediately click the "Edit Profile!" button (without changing any of the fields) I still get the error message.

Any ideas on why this would be happening?

"You are the one who lies close to me..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What browser are you using? If you have more than one, such as Firefox, IE and/or Opera, then you might try switching to a different one and seeing if that makes any difference. The site seems to be a little picky about detecting "special characters" where there really aren't any from certain browsers.

If that doesn't help, let me know and we'll see what else we can try to figure out! Hopefully we'll get it straightened out soon! Sorry for the inconvenience!
Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
What browser are you using? If you have more than one, such as Firefox, IE and/or Opera, then you might try switching to a different one and seeing if that makes any difference. The site seems to be a little picky about detecting "special characters" where there really aren't any from certain browsers.

If that doesn't help, let me know and we'll see what else we can try to figure out! Hopefully we'll get it straightened out soon! Sorry for the inconvenience!

I usually use Safari, but I just went and tried it in Firefox and it still gave me the error message. I remember having a similar problem sometime last year when I was trying to upload a new video to the site. It kept telling me that my image title had "special characters" in it. I don't quite remember what was finally done to fix it, but I think it was something on your guys' end.

But thanks for the suggestion

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd like, you can PM me the changes you'd like in your profile and I'll see if it'll listen to me any better. If not (I get that same message myself from time to time ), then I'll pass it along to Warren and he should be able to get the changes made and hopefully be able to figure out what's causing that "special character" thing to pop. Sorry again for the inconvenience!
Pendora-lass
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
If you'd like, you can PM me the changes you'd like in your profile and I'll see if it'll listen to me any better. If not (I get that same message myself from time to time ), then I'll pass it along to Warren and he should be able to get the changes made and hopefully be able to figure out what's causing that "special character" thing to pop. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

I've just sent the changes to you...thanks very much, Aislynn!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: