Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Closing In" by SunnyD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SunnyD
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: "Closing In" by SunnyD Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Closing In" 08-13-2007
AU. When Claire becomes sick, it sends Charlie down a dark and twisted path. (more)
Song: Krwlng by Linkin Park
Vidder: SunnyD
Length: 4:49 (63.7MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvMOPp_6rng
http://media.putfile.com/Closing-In-92

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Closing In by SunnyD Reply with quote

Nice!!! Great storyline, excellent AU!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Charlie's more of a combat vet than I give him credit for. That said, this does have an interesting storyline, and there's a good use of the clips. The song doesn't hurt the video, and I don't care for Linkin Park, so well done there in that it didn't annoy me as the background music. I also liked the posterized shots when they popped up, too.

It seems to me that it takes a while - about a minute - to get started; I'm not sure if that could be pared down some, but it may be worthwhile to see if it starts quicker, because it's a good sixty seconds before action starts.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i really liked this. I don't normally like Dark Charlie because i love sweet Charlie so much but i thought this was great. like i said on youtube, i think this is how Charlie would've reacted to Claire's death. The manipulations of scenes were great, my fave one was charlie beating up Jack in the rain at the end. and i really liked, although small, when they found charlie dead and sayid and jack were looking over his body; almost pitifully i loved the audio as well. Oh, and kicking Juliet's ass? Genius!!! great work, makes me wanna check out more of your vids

Belxf
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Closing In by SunnyD Reply with quote

Wow! Awsome vid! Great AU and scene manipulations! And of course, loved the voice overs and the storyline, very believable!!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Closing In by SunnyD Reply with quote

Amazing AU! I love it! I have this song and you've made great use of it! Simply amazing video
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Closing In by SunnyD Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this! I aggree with littleton_pace, I think that he would have acted this way if Claire died. Great Job!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the AU! It was awesome how you could see Charlie descending into madness after Claire died! I really loved how he'd see flashes of her, especially towards the end when she looked so dismayed by what he was doing! Just fantastic! And it doesn't hurt that I love Linkin Park and this remix of "Crawling"/"Krwlng." Really enjoyed it!
Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe I haven't commented on this yet! While sweet Charlie is nice, I've always had a fascination with "Dark Charlie", and this vid was a great example of that.

Excellent AU, having Charlie blame everyone else for Claire's death. Crazy, schizo behavior...love it!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy dark Charlie!!!! I love it. Can't believe you made Charlie such a great fighter. If only he could have killed Locke too...

Great AU!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Closing In by SunnyD Reply with quote

DUDE!! I sware i love these AU's where people totally make up storylines, it shows a true cleverness and knowlage of the material (now i sound like a High school teacher) You really told the story well without the songs help,(though it di add to the creepy vibe.) I just loved how you put it all together, how long did it take you to come up with it all? Superb job!
SunnyD
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Closing In by SunnyD Reply with quote

2998 wrote:
DUDE!! I sware i love these AU's where people totally make up storylines, it shows a true cleverness and knowlage of the material (now i sound like a High school teacher) You really told the story well without the songs help,(though it di add to the creepy vibe.) I just loved how you put it all together, how long did it take you to come up with it all? Superb job!

Thanks for the compliment! I really appreciate all the feedback I get. To answer your question...I came up with the idea and started working on it months ago. It took a back seat once school got busy. Plus, I thought the idea wasn't going to work out. Then earlier this week, I decided to finish it cause it was bothering me that I hadn't. Now that I finished, it feels good! lol.

Thanks again!
SunnyD
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
Crazy dark Charlie!!!! I love it. Can't believe you made Charlie such a great fighter. If only he could have killed Locke too...

Great AU!!

Thanks for the comment! Yah, if only I could get Charlie to kill Locke. Sadly, I didn't have the right clips for it. lol.
Mandalay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: "Closing In" by SunnyD Reply with quote

457 wrote:
***Automated Message***
"Closing In" 08-13-2007
AU. When Claire becomes sick, it sends Charlie down a dark and twisted path. (more)
Song: Krwlng by Linkin Park
Vidder: SunnyD
Length: 4:49 (63.7MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvMOPp_6rng
http://media.putfile.com/Closing-In-92

Hi!

Awsome video! Frikkin' awsome!

Just one thing, when I download the video from media putfile, it says that it's an invalid file and I can't watch it..
Could you perhaps upload a new one or send it to me? I would really appreciate it!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Closing In by SunnyD Reply with quote

wow! that was an awesome vid! i mean incredibly awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: