Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1x17 - "...In Translation" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That scene of him driving was all I caught. Looked like either paparazi or maybe an amateur vid interview.

I'm thinking Hurley is some sort of PC Gamer legend or something. They have a lot of Gaming competitions in Asia.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooooo.... Enchirito's NOT crazy?!
Damn.... uh... don't answer the door for a while Enchirito...

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think that kid could have done such a great job of torching the raft by himself. I think Locke must have helped pour some aviation fuel in there as well. Notice how at the end Locke tells Walt that he likes it here too! Hmm.

I was suprised they even revealed who burned down the raft. I thought it would be another 'mystery of the island'. But I don't think Walt burned it the way we think. Remember that when he sees/wants things they sometimes happen... Birds, Polar Bears, Rain, Broken Bones Scott? Well, if you remember his dad threw his comic in the fire. ...the FIRE. hmmm.

just a thought.

Last edited by Enchirito on Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bigger mystery is how did Locke know Walt did it? I guess he's really good at judging people, but still...
At least it worked well in his favor. Notice how, despite knowign it was Walt that did it, Locke blamed the "Others"? Looks to me like he was trying to use the situation to gain an advantage and ready the camp more fully.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
Well, if you remember his dad threw his comic in the fire. ...the FIRE. hmmm.

just a thouht.

Ugh! I missed one episode and it happened to be the Walt/Michael one! He threw the comic in the FIRE?!?! How awful! Although it is a little hard to judge things out of context since I didn't see the ep. Comic into the fire? Grrrrr! That is just mean.
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ugh! I missed one episode and it happened to be the Walt/Michael one! He threw the comic in the FIRE?!?! How awful! Although it is a little hard to judge things out of context since I didn't see the ep. Comic into the fire? Grrrrr! That is just mean.

I agree. BUt doesn't it just sound like something Michael would do? Get all pissed and act without thinking. lol.

Hobbes lets keep the spoilers down man. I am against ALL spoliers - even hints of spoilers. I've accidently read episode descriptions and learned my leason. It kinda ruins the show. So if you are weak willed and read spoliers that's your business - just be careful what you say on these boards!

Last Warning. lol.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Walt, though... do you think he actually took a match and set the raft on fire, or if it was like the bird and the polar bear--he made it happen without specifically meaning to?

Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
a bigger mystery is how did Locke know Walt did it? I guess he's really good at judging people, but still...
At least it worked well in his favor. Notice how, despite knowign it was Walt that did it, Locke blamed the "Others"? Looks to me like he was trying to use the situation to gain an advantage and ready the camp more fully.

He might have suspected it, and knew it was true from the way Walt reacted.

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliodna wrote:
About Walt, though... do you think he actually took a match and set the raft on fire, or if it was like the bird and the polar bear--he made it happen without specifically meaning to?

Polar bear, oh yeah! Dang the bird must be from the ep I missed! Crap crap crap crap crap - that must have been a good ep!

As for the fire. Hmm you may have a point Cliodna. I didn't think about it that way. Then Locke wouldn't have had to have helped in the fashion I originally thought.

Hmm interesting .

This IS a cool show!

My lost music vids
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm soooorrrry Enchirito I'll be a good boy from now on

yep, the bird was indeed from there... basically we learn to suspect that there's something weird about Walt and the things that happen around him... like he has some special power or something.
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm going to have to find a way to download that episode.

Don't tell me but I'm just now wondering if Walt didn't just think on the plane -
"I wish this plane ride would get more exciting...even better yet it would be sooo cool if we could crash land on the Isla de cinco muertos from Jurassic Park!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: