Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Empty (SPN vid)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Empty (SPN vid) Reply with quote

Title: Empty
Song: Empty Chairs at Empty Tables
Artist: Cast of "Les Miserables"
Length: 3:07
Size: 98 MB (the downloadable one); Youtube is a .WMV file and thus lower quality.
Summary: He taught them to be heroes, forgetting to teach them how to save themselves... Supernatural AU vid. What if Sam and Dean died during the attack in "Shadow?" Now the memories (and hallucinations) of his sons are haunting John Winchester as his guilt grows. This tells a story within a story and is my attempt at emotive storytelling. Very angsty.
Vidder's Notes: Hope you enjoy it and some feedback (including constructive criticism) would be very (I'll give you cookies and/or my possible future children [not that I think you'd want them!] for it) much appreciated (just no flaming, please!)

Watch/Download at my LJ

Enjoy!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be back for a better comment than this but I've gotta grab some dinner now! I just had to let you know that I LOVE this! (And I was completely devastated because I SO wanted to rec you at papawinchester and phantomas beat me to it! )
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry, Phantomas youtube commented me... I was too surprised and delighted at the rec that I couldn't turn her down.

Can't wait to hear your wonderful Aislynn thoughts on the vid!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was so good, Maria!! I was really surprised that the combination of Supernatural clips and a Les Miserables song worked so very well. I just loved it!! Very emotional, very touching, I had goose bumps all over!! Great work!!

Some question:
Did you make that border thingie with Photoshop?
Are all clips from Supernatural or did you use some clips from Grey's Anatomy, too? (I'm not an SPN expert, so sorry if I got that wrong )
.... you don't have to give me one of your future children, but I can be the godmother of one of your kids?

Oh, by the way, did you try to use that converter? Does it work for you?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Karolina! I'm really glad that you watched and enjoyed the vid! Ever since I saw Les Mis a few months ago, I couldn't get the song out of my head and I had to vid a little Supernatural AU to it! Couldn't help it! I'm just glad there's a sufficent amount of angst in SPN.

To answer your questions:
-I did not MAKE the border. I just searched google!images for it. The long url is up in the credits at the end of the film.
-Yes, I did use some Grey's Anatomy clips. Jeffrey Dean Morgan (the actor that played Dean and Sam's dad) didn't have that big of a role on SPN and I needed just a few extra clips. I also used an "ER" scene
Spoiler:

(but that's the one that's outside the hospital after his car accident).

Haha. I'll name godmother the second I actually have a kid. IF I have a kid. IF I ever get married. IF I ever meet somebody. Okay, I'll stop now...

And, unfortunately, I never understood how to actually WORK that converter and I didn't want to bother you. I just individually clipped each .avi scene I needed in WMM and swung it over to Vegas.

Thanks again, Karolina!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoCynic wrote:
And, unfortunately, I never understood how to actually WORK that converter and I didn't want to bother you. I just individually clipped each .avi scene I needed in WMM and swung it over to Vegas.

You really could've asked me! I'm not the fastest person in the world these days when it comes to replying to PMs or emails, but I would've gotten back to you for sure.
Anyway, Christmas holidays are coming and I have about three weeks of vacation. I'll have quite a lot of free time and if you want me to, I could make some screenshots of the program and explain it to you.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took me so long to get back here. I was... uh... kidnapped by... ummmm... the Winchesters, yeah, that's it because they... er... needed me to help them... uhhhhhhhhhh... tow the TARDIS out of the mud where it had gotten stuck! Dude, that's good! And the Doctor was SO grateful to all of us that he took us out for breakfast and we met Sawyer at the restaurant and we were all having SUCH a great time that I just lost track of what I was doing! Yeah, that's TOTALLY what happened! *innocent face*

Meanwhile, back at the actual review...

I LOVE this song choice for this story! There just is no better grief-stricken song of being the lone survivor than this one, IMO. And you used it so well. I particularly loved as the music was swelling up for "and they rose with voices ringing" and we see all of the heroic deeds the boys have done. *sniffle*

I loved all of the awesome disappearing bits, especially the "phantom faces at the window" line which just seemed so chilling to me! And I loooooooooved the Grey's Anatomy footage at the end with him going into the light and *sniff* he met Sam and Dean again *SNIFF* and then the quote about not dying of a broken heart, just wishing you would... *SNIFF!!!!* Oh John does "hurting" so prettily, just like those sons of his... *pets them all*

Just beautifully, beautifully done!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
PsychoCynic wrote:

You really could've asked me! I'm not the fastest person in the world these days when it comes to replying to PMs or emails, but I would've gotten back to you for sure.
Anyway, Christmas holidays are coming and I have about three weeks of vacation. I'll have quite a lot of free time and if you want me to, I could make some screenshots of the program and explain it to you.

If you're sure you have time then I would really appreciate on tutorial on the thing. (Of course that means I have to download it again because I think I deleted it ). But that's ONLY if you have the time, hon, and have nothing better to do!

Thanks again for the lovely words, Aislynn!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: