Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Sound Of Silence" by wolffootball37
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: "The Sound Of Silence" by wolffootball37 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Sound Of Silence" 09-15-2007
Benjamin Linus has had to lie and kill to keep his leadership, and the secrets of the Island secure. But now his words fall to the sound of silence...
Song: The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel
Vidder: wolffootball37
Length: 3:12 (60MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuC3Vbm1BLw
NEW ZSHARE LINK (11/01/07) http://www.zshare.net/video/46104367af1a48/

Last edited by wolffootball37 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply. Awesome. Trey.
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: The Sound Of Silence by wolffootball37 Reply with quote

Great Work Trey
Loved The Audio you used Thought it worked very well
Heard the song before and i've never known what it was but i do now
Awesome Stuff
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work Trey. Very hard song to vid to but you made it work really well. Thanks for the birthday tribute woot!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: The Sound Of Silence by wolffootball37 Reply with quote

Fantastic video, not an easy one to work with, too. Loved the effects.
wolffootball37
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izzy- Thank you very much Izzy!!!

Charmed Charlie- Thank you for commenting! Yeah, it’s quite a confusing song to understand, I think the real meaning has something to do with music becoming more commercial than about art, or at least that’s what I read. But it does surprisingly fit into Ben’s story very well.

Paul- Thanks allot Paul! It wasn’t necessarily hard to figure out the plot, but it was hard to find the right clips, especially at the second half, because there all from the finale. Thanks for commenting!!! I’m glad you liked it.

Lostaway- Thanks so much for commenting! I’m really glad you liked it. Actually when I was going into it, I really didn’t want to use many effects, except for coloring. But, as the story progressed, I had to find ways to fill time, without re using clips, so I was forced to use allot of effects, in short... I failed miserably!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: The Sound Of Silence by wolffootball37 Reply with quote

A Trey vid! Awesome! Unusual vid and really really cool.
Truthisbeauty
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: The Sound Of Silence by wolffootball37 Reply with quote

Fantastic! Really neat to see a video from Ben's perspective. I love this song anyway, and it's amazing, but it really fits!
Deia
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome!!! great editing, coloring and effects!!! Nice work!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video! Very original, great song choice and the audio and special effects were really well done.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather- Thanks for commenting!!! Im glad you thought it was unusual and cool!!! Thanks for watching!

Truthisbeauty- Thanks, yeah the song is great isnt it. Im glad you liked it!

Deia- Thanks! Im happy you liked the coloring and effects, what i was trying to do with the coloring was kind of refrence back to the purge, like at the end where the people are a bit dissaturated. Thankd agian!

Cynthia- Thanks soo much for commenting! Im glad you liked it. It means allot to me!!!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's weird? I just had this song rotated in on my playlist and kept thinking, "You know, I'd love to see a great vid done to this one!" Not that I wanted to do it, mind you... I just wanted to see it! And then here I come in and see you've done it! *applause*

Wow, that was FANTASTIC! I loved the audio bits! The effects were really nicely done and very fitting for the song and the story! AND the beat use was marvelous! I really loved the parts where you removed the background and just left Ben, like at the 1:44-ish mark! Really, really cool!

I enjoyed it a lot! ♥!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was so great, Trey! I always love watching Ben vids, but unfortunately there aren't too many of them. So a huge Yay! to that fact alone!

I really gotta tell you that you have a great taste in music and your song choice is always superb! A great song for a Ben vid! The first lines ("hello darkness, my old friend") to the scenes of young Ben and the ghost of his mom really gave me shivers. Same goes for the line "the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls" and then we see that creepy slideshow. Very good interpretation of the lyrics!

Enjoyed it heaps!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn- WOW that is weird. LOL is funny how that stuff happens, like ill see a vid here, and here that song like 10 times on the radio afterwards.

Thanks so much for the comment AIS! I’m glad you liked the effects and thought they were fitting, because that was my major concern with them, that people wouldn’t think they would fit, or be too random. I’m really glad you liked this (as goes for everyone) because I had a really fun time making this, I actually held off my August contest submission just to do this, so I’m glad it all turned out good. Thanks again!

Karolina- Thanks Karolina, yeah I like Ben vids too, I want to try and do a vid for every character at some point. Though some characters are harder to find songs for than others. I’m very happy you like my song choices. My cousin got me into classic rock a few years ago, and I just love the originality and uniqueness of it all, but I’ll listen to pretty much anything if it’s good. I’m glad you liked it and thought it was creepy! It is a pretty creepy song and I wanted to do it justice! Oh and on the slideshow part, I have a little Easter egg, it’s nothing big, it’s towards the end of it though. Thanks again for the comments. I’m soo glad that you enjoyed it!
savage_anna
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: The Sound Of Silence by wolffootball37 Reply with quote

this is really good! First of all, song choice is awesome..so fit Ben, and the whole storyline was heartbreaking. Really enjoyed watching this vid..effects was great, especially one with eye zoomming thing. Beat use was great as well, even so song itself is not fast, but you amazingly done some beat moments. Great work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: