Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Run" by cylune
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol yep believe it or not I did actually did cut the song down on that one cause it was 7 minutes and my cut sucked lol I think I'm better at it now though.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Run by cylune Reply with quote

LOVE the part towards the end with all the PB&J moments!!! Though I've often thought I'd scream if I ever saw another vid to this song, I really enjoyed this, Cinthia!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Run by cylune Reply with quote

Heather wrote:
LOVE the part towards the end with all the PB&J moments!!! Though I've often thought I'd scream if I ever saw another vid to this song, I really enjoyed this, Cinthia!
Thank so much Heather! The part with all th PB&J moment took so long to make! I think I have well over 100 cuts in that section. Glad you liked it.

And about Run... man, I was working on this vid and became horrified everytime a new Run vid would come it. Argh!!! But almost all of them (if not all?) were jate vids so I didn't feel that guilty about making another one. I don't understand why it's such a popular song... who in their right mind would vid a song that long??

Paul wrote:
Lol yep believe it or not I did actually did cut the song down on that one cause it was 7 minutes and my cut sucked lol I think I'm better at it now though.
I love that song... I went to a Guns 'n Roses concert last year and heard it live... it was amazing. And Welcome to the Jungle was just rockin'
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful vid, Cinthia! I loved it! all the split screens and effects were perfect...
This is the tribute Charlie (and Claire) deserved!

_bel_
pumpkin_heart
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Run by cylune Reply with quote

Oh my god, that was amazing!! The best Charlie/Claire vid I've ever seen. To be honest, I didn't really mind when Charlie died - I was upset and all, but I didn't cry over it - but, wow that vid had me in tears! The splitscreens were perfect and so were the clips you chose, and I loved during the instrumental bit how you showed Charlie and Claire's story, and it fit in so perfectly. I'm in awe! :O
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bel - Thanks so much, it means a lot that you think the split screens were good considering how amazing you are at those.

pumpkin - I made you cry. oh, I'm terribly sorry...*insert evil laugh * Thanks so much for the amazing comment!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, that was so sweet! And, wow, congrats are doing an unedited version of "Run" without distracting me in some way.

Some of the highlights I liked in particular:
-the scene-in-scene clips where there was a prominant image of Charlie, for example, and a background image of Claire. Shows a lot, imo. Charlie's not only imagining Claire, he's also watching her, admiring her, loving her, even if it is in his own mind.
-"You've been the only thing that's right in all I've done" and "makes it so hard not to cry" had wonderful clip selections to them. Awesome!
-The instrumental part toward the end - I loved the chronological look at them and I loved the fact that the beat use was definitely THERE but soft so it flowed with the song.
-the ending with Claire and the moth --> so perfect in so many ways!

Great work, Cinthia!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinthia~ While I was waiting for the vid to load earlier today I knew that I was going to be just Amazed by what you had created. And this vid is just Brilliant and Fantastic and Beautiful ... and the quick clips of Charlie and Claire near the end I just didn't want it to end... It was defintitly a fave part of the vid for me and WOW the ending ~ Perfect

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria - Thank you so much for that very detailed comment! That's always great to know which scenes work... I was so afraid of that 'recap' part because it's fairly long and there's about 130 cuts in it (yeah, I counted them. ). The ending is my favorite part, thank you so much for mentioning it.

Sheree - Thank you so much for all the support, not only for this vid but for all the vids I've made. You've been there since the beginning and I can't thank you enough. That was some great expectation you had for this vid, but I'm glad I didn't disappoint. And like I said to Maria, I'm so glad to know the quick recap worked.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cried. I cried like a baby.

That was so beautiful! I loved your use of fades. It looked amazing. I also loved the quick recap part. That made me cry the hardest. C/C had some wonderful moments and that just made all of them return to my head with full force.

Excellent, excellent vid! I'm so glad it got council pick cause it deserved it like whoa.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Jessa!! Sorry about making you cry...

Glad you noticed the fades... I got a comment when I started vidding that my transitions were choppy. Since then I've been extra, extra careful with them, especially the fades! Best constructive criticism I ever had.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thank you so much for all the support, not only for this vid but for all the vids I've made. You've been there since the beginning and I can't thank you enough.

Awwww your welcome *HUG*

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
LOST_Fanatic
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy I requested this song. It's beyond words perefect for Charlie and Claire and with your beautiful editing even more prefect.

I know I've already commited on youtube and CC Island, but I just can't get over how good this video is.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still one of my all-time favorite Snow Patrol songs even though it can be a bit...intimidating to see it as a vid when it hasn't been cut down! But I had no worries seeing it as your vid, 'cause I knew I'd be in good hands.

As has been mentioned before, the water texture was a completely inspired touch! So beautiful and so fitting for the vid! I loved the "recap" at 4:30! Extremely well done for a series of quick cuts that ran that long! I never got "lost" once!

And of course, the ending with Claire looking at the moth... *sigh* Not only was it just a beautifully edited scene, it was SO appropriate in context with Charlie being identified with the moth almost from day 1 in the show! That was just a really beautiful created scene!

Just a gorgeous job all the way around! I'm in total envy of your split-screening abilities! See, I'm green with envy Great vid! ♥♥♥!!!
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much LOST_Fanatic for making this request!! After I said yes, I freaked out, not knowing what to do with it... but the song ended up, sadly enough, to be very much appropriate. and thanks for commenting everywhere!!

Aislynn Thanks so much for the vote of confidence! The moth scene is my favorite of the video, that's the first scene I've done actually. Thanks so much for noticing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: