Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Surely As The Sun" by Ashley
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: "Surely As The Sun" by Ashley Reply with quote

"Surely As The Sun" 06-09-2005
A great Charlie and Claire video that shows their friendship, and Charlie wonders what Claire sees in him and he wants to share everything he has with her (ignore the little click sounds at the beginning/was trying to record song and surf net at the same
Song: Surely As The Sun by Hanson
Vidder: Ashley
Length: 5:58 (1.06KB WMV)

Link: http://thelostfiles.net/SurelyAsTheSunCC_0001.wmv

lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest I've gotten a bit burnt-out on C/C vids just because I've seen so many and after a while they all start to blend together. It has gotten to the point that your video has to bring something unique to get a council pick as a C/C vid. I guess this C/C burn out is just a hazard of our job as council members.

With that said your video just got a council pick . I found myself actually wanting to watch it and not feeling like I was obligated to. This video has something that far to many C/C vids seem to lack which is a coherent deep story. This isn't to say other C/C vids don't have stories they just usually focus on familiar aspects of the relationship that have been vidded a million times. You took a different approach to a familiar aspect of the C/C relationship. That's a BIG factor in our judging of videos for council picks, not just in the C/C realm, is that if there is a coherent story then that is half the battle won.

The next important thing is editing. Your editing was good but has a bit of room for improvement I would recommend that you check for extra frames and focus on editing to the beats and maybe check into fixing some aspect ratios. All are easy to fix and common editing errors. Your editing was good but if you had caught the few glitches there would have been no thought into a council pick or not.

If you focus on your editing and pull together more stories like you did with this one then I can see you becoming one of the better C/C vidders out there. With all of that said your video was a breath of fresh air and has renewed my faith in the possibilities for C/C vids.

Great job!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
LostFanForeverAshley
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Awww thank you sooooo much for all of those lovely comments, i am soo soo soo soo like beyond excited and happy that this video got a council pick seal! This is my 2nd favorite Charlie and Claire video ive made! It makes me SO happy to read the comments you made, it just makes me feel good as a video maker for it to have such an impact on a person who watches it!

And i did realize the couple of glitches, but im afraid if i go back and fix those, it will completely throw off the rest of the video, LOL but i will try and do better editing for my next videos, i normally do very good editing, i must of missed the glitches, and the beats are supposed to be how they are, that is exactly how i want them, and they seem to be all on beat, like having Claire turn around at the most perfect moment of the song, then charlie looking at her, then the bit faster fade to Charlie leaning in, then Claire leaning in, Charlie's lean in is supposed to be on the DUN, and then Claire's lean in on the DUN DUN, so ITS PERFECT!!

That whole moment with just the piano playing, and the changing of clips is my absoulute favorite part, especially when Claire turns around and then Charlie is looking at her, its just SO awesome!

And as the creator of my video, i love how its sort of like Charlie's point of view, especially the parts "sometimes i wonder, what you see in me, cause im only a man, flawed in so many ways you see" the clips i used for that was PERFECT! It ultimatly described Charlie's thoughts about Claire and his flaws in his life

Thank you again for the awesome comments, im so glad you enjoyed it, im proud for it to have the council pick seal, it makes me proud as a video creator to get a council pick seal and such amazing comments

thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vid_deprived

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was such a cool video! I loved the fades and the color alterations! And you're right, the "I sometimes wonder what you see in me because I'm only a man and flawed in so many ways" clips were perfect!
LOST_Fanatic
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this video epecially since it includes both my favorite ship and favorite band. The song choice fit Charlie and Claire perfectly and the clips were cut just right. I'm putting this one in my list of favorite C/C music videos.

Bret
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley,

Your videos are AWESOME! I'm talking puddin nuddin!

I love your videos so much, and you are the best! To my Favorite Cousin Ever!!!

I love you!
Bret
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kilian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I c`ant see this videos somtehing`s worng with the link.
LostFanForeverAshley
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks Bretty Zakan, im glad you loved this video and im glad you love all of my videos, that makes me super happy like a zakan biddy! You are the best cousin ever too!!! I love you toooooo danielle fud

Kilian, there is nothing wrong with the link, i can open it just fine, if it helps..side click the link and click save link target as, or when the box pops up and asks whether you want to save it or open it, click save it

But the link itself is completely fine

VidDeprived- thank you soooo much that means so much to me! Yesss those lyrics i wanted it to base it around him reading her diary and reading what she said about him and his past as a junkie

LostFanatic- aww thank you so much, i did like Hanson but Ive grown out of them, but I absoulutly LOVE this song so much and it is absoulutly perfect for charlie and claire, im so glad you loved the video
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilian wrote:
I c`ant see this videos somtehing`s worng with the link.

downloading or just watching the video once it's on your computer..? If it's for the watching, see the PM I sent you, and if it's for downloading: then the problem is either because you aren't right-clickign on the link and selectign "save-as", or you have the firefox browser, in which case you'll need to temporarilly switch to IE for it to work.

Hope that helps!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kilian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danks hobbes yes thats help my.
blind.filmmaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a very sweet video. I think my favorite part had to be in the beginning, with just the piano music. I'm a sucker for the instrumental vids.

Bravo!

___blind.filmmaker
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO that is the BEST avatar I've ever seen, blind.filmmaker!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LostFanForeverAshley
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks so much blind filmmaker for the comments, i love the beginning too, you get this really great romantic vibe about it between the two characters and it just draws you in, i love it, its one of my favorites!

And I agree in what hobbes said...THAT IS THE BEST AVATAR IVE EVER SEEN!
taras82

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New link?
LostFanForeverAshley
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: new link Reply with quote

i got the new link!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WopaIlcOByo

ENJOY AND COMMENT!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: