Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x21 - Greatest Hits Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how quick I can go from "I love this show" to "I hate this show" in one week. This isn't the first time though. MOSMOF and Adrift anyone?

Jack needs to get put in his place harder than ever before. He needs to quit pushing people around and having that p*ssy holier-than-thou dictator attitude. Sayid took the high road and was very gentle with it, as was Rose. As a matter of fact, this whole season has made the beachies into the worst characters. Not Losties, beachies. Sayid's my hero.

Okay, real pathetic ranting time:

When Desmond was telling Charlie how he was going to die, they played Charlie's season 1 sad theme song. That almost broke my heart because it was the exact same music playing when Locke showed him the moth cocoon and showed the sad struggling little guy that struggle is nature's way of strengthening. Easily one of the most beautifully written and executed scenes of Lost ever, and this episode had nothing on it. I just hope that in the finale, when he dies, hopefully, that his last actions somehow make something good out of the irreparable damage they've done to his character since season 1 that's made me hate him so much.

This ep just didn't do it for me. I could have snoozed my way out of it. At least I have such low expectations for the finale.

sig by IslandofMystery
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode almost gave me a freakin' heart attack!!

I don't want Charlie to die... now even more than ever!!!
He was simply awesome in this episode and I loved every single moment with him. The PB&J kiss, Charlie hugging Hurley, saying "I love you" to Aaron and writing the final note to Claire, that was simply heart-breaking!

I have a strange feeling though

Spoiler:

that Desmond might die instead of Charlie.

I'm also really worried about Jin, Bernard and most of all about Sayid.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL at the end there with the spy-women, it simply turned James Bondian.

Still dont like Juliet, sorry.

Liked seeing Carl again, and like that Alex has some smarts.

Spoiler:

So I know the boards are probably on fire about next week's "I love you"- as video editors, you guys should know that that was edited in, and Jack didnt say it (at least right in that scene) cause they switched to Kate.

Otherwise, I thought it was a pretty good episode.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

*coughCONTINUITYERRORcough* "I was the junior swim champion in northern england" - Charlie. See White Rabbit (1x05) for why this is not quite so... unless he was simply lying. (hint: "I can't swim! I can't swim...")
Charlie was lying so he could do the mission. And he said he 'I don't swin' not 'I can't' not a major difference but it's subtle.

Love that water always seems to be present in Charlie's 'deaths' and 3 of his greatest memories involved water too. I don't know if the writers thought of this before or if it's a coincidence but I'm impressed. Oh and Sheree... Are you a seer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMYjDWeQlew
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- I am going to call BS on the whole "I don't swim" semantics argument. I mean, I agree that he was lying about his swimming abilities in order to be able to volunteer to go down to the looking glass. But at the same time, it does feel like a bit of a continuity error.

- I thought the entire last scene with Charlie and Desmond was AMAZING. I loved it so much. I wasn't quite sure that hitting him over the head with an oar was necessary, though I did have major Talented Mr. Ripley flashbacks. (Am I alone there? LOL I smell an AU vid in which Charlie kills Des on the high seas and then takes over his identity brotha! It could work.) But I'm getting OT. Seriously, that last scene was great, and the tension of it, him swimming down there and almost running out of breath before he broke the surface. It was not only beautifully shot (with the shoe!) but it was definitely one of those moments where you were holding your breath right with Charlie, and came up gasping for air along with him.

Good job, LOST.

But yeah. I am impatiently waiting for next week.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

16:26 - Elle half-cries in the scene where Charlie tells Aaron he loves him.

16:40 - Elle cries when Charlie writes "#1 When I met you." on his list.

I loved this episode, and almost screamed when it froze and went all fuzzy - it quickly went back to normal tho.

Spoiler:

I personally think the "I love you" for next week is genuine, but I do agree it looks a little off. Maybe there is something before/after it they they didn't wanna include in the promo so they cut it weirdly? Nevertheless, i'm VERY excited The finale looks awesome.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That episode was amazing, i loved it!
Notice when they want to they can feature ALL of the beach people in one ep!
Charlies flashbacks/list was heartbreaking!
Claire picking up Aaron and the ring being their, predictable but so sweet!
Loved the bit with Hurley, Loved the boat bit with Desmond. I ACTUALLY LIKED DESMOND THERE! Seriously just something about it made him seem like human.
The shot of Charlies shoe =
Ummm....
OMG Jack = hate! Since he returned he's been horrible, really hated him.
Alex is awsome.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh funny,

I hated Jack before and now I like him.

rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
16:26 - Elle half-cries in the scene where Charlie tells Aaron he loves him.

16:40 - Elle cries when Charlie writes "#1 When I met you." on his list.

I loved this episode, and almost screamed when it froze and went all fuzzy - it quickly went back to normal tho.

Never saw that but omg mind reader cried at them two bits and the bit where hes talking to Desmond in the boat!!!!!
My episode froze also I was panicing (sp)
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW what an episode....i thought that Charlie is going to die in it and all heart-breaking moments with him writing the list,PB&J moments,telling Aaron he loves him and the hug with Hurley made me feel sooo sad and i almost cried

I really like Charlie and i don't want him to die
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes! The hug!

"I love you man"

I also teared up at that bit too. I hate it when Lost kills a lostie. I always cry

Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a good episode, Jack's actually got a character back though Juliet is still right there, grr, still hate that bitch.
So Jack's being a badass and leader again, which is what they made him after all. Sayid was cool, good to see the classic Sayid showing back through. Kate and Sawyer didn't really do anything at all.
Rose and Bernard, nice to see they've returned from their parallel dimension where no-one could see them eh?
Ben just pisses me off the more I see him, he really needs a bullet in the head.

Charlie was brilliant, Dom did a great job there, and the stuff with him and Claire was brilliant. I wish he'd told her he loved her as well, but leaving the ring was brilliant. And giving Hurley the hug and stuff was good even though he was mean.
Charlie can't die! Even being a hero, I just can't handle it. He has to live on, take Claire home, marry her and have more kids I just think the "You're gonna die Charlie" and then him doing so is rather lame. Desmond was pretty cool in this ep, not wanting to let Charlie die. End scene with the note and the paddle was awesome, it was like Armageddon, Charlie knows he has to be the one to press the switch. The music, use of the Moth sad-Charlie music was brilliant, and the shot of him standing on the boat was just magnificent.

I'm looking forward to next week and the finale, but I swear if we don't get some gratuitous violence and realism whereby the Losties kill some Others I'll be flying to LA to kick some doors in...

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Love that water always seems to be present in Charlie's 'deaths' and 3 of his greatest memories involved water too. I don't know if the writers thought of this before or if it's a coincidence but I'm impressed. Oh and Sheree... Are you a seer?

Yes I am j/k ... actually the Water vid came to be because I had just finished watching Fire and Water on my Lost dvd and then I wanted to make a Charlie vid... so I was just going through my library in windows player and then I came across the Holly song and the first lyric "I lost my friend near the water..." just perfectly described to me the scene at the start where he see's Claire with Locke... and then I just took it from there. It is funny how much of "water" is a running theme with Charlie.
But unlike the lyric " I wanna die in water" (which is not meant to be taken literally) ... in my vid I was trying to showcase Charlie overcoming his struggles "I'll sink beneath the boats ... I'll learn to swim...soon I'll have fins..." ... hmmm maybe I am a seer!

I had to rewatch the eppy again knowing how it ended ... with Charlie being okay ... it hit me harder watching it again... maybe because i knew what was coming up. My face was just soaked ... the last time I cried watching a Lost eppy was Do No Harm ... but this eppy I was just a emotional wreck.

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killing Charlie now seems way too easy.

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I like Jack this way- although this keeping secrets sh*t has always bugged me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: