Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Get Windows Movie Maker To Save Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kella
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Can't Get Windows Movie Maker To Save Video Reply with quote

Hey!

This would be my first post here. As I have been noticing you guys are all so rockin at this...I thought I would ask for help here.

I made a vid. I used two songs from the same artist, broke them up and used part of one for the beginning and the entire other song for the rest of the video... I seem to keep having issues with it because eventhough I deleted a scene that I felt I didn't need it kept playing that scene on playback and then the whole thing would just freeze and there would be no sound.

Well, I finally got it to stop doing that and I made possibly the most awesome video I have ever done (still extremely new at this though only my 4th vid attempt), but I can only get the first 3 minutes and 58 seconds... It won't save the other 16 seconds and it cuts off my ending and my credits.
I've tried every method of saving it and I have looked through Options and in the Help menu...and there is nothing that I can find.

If anyone knows of any setting that might need to be changed...or maybe I need to just remake the vid all over again... any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much...

Okay...I had to shorten it, but this is what I have. The video quality is still acting up...It shouldn't be doing that.

It's a zippy!

Life On The Island

Kella xoxox
btvs
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm having a similar problem. I'm using a laptop and i think it's cus of this that it keeps cutting out. You can try changing the way you save it. When you go to save it change the format from 200 something to 143kp (not sure) for pocket computer and it may work
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did I not see this the first time...? ??? I guess it just didn't report this as an unread thread... hmm... weird....

Anyway, I realyl have no idea what's wrong here Kella! it seems like one of those things that WMM just likes to do to absolutely screw with our minds... the same hting happened to me, AND Aislynn! We think we know what the problem is, but we could be wrong. One of your clips in that video is weird, and is causing the rest of the video to stop working. For me, it was a GIF file that messed it up, and Aislynn's was just a random clip in the sequence. What I suggest for finding it is chop your video into roughly 30 second sections, or whatever clip end is closest (keeping the original saved, just in case, of course. And then as soon as you come across one that doesn't save right, then you'll know that the clip that's screwy is inside there. Then it's just a matter of either chopping it up again and testing it, or deleting the whole 30 seconds and trying ti anew, HOPING that it works this time

And if it's none of that, then check your file space, and make sure there's enough room to save the video LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: