Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x17 - Catch 22 Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I didn't really like Desmond's flashback. How many different ways can you spell "Des + Pen = Unstoppable force of love?"

As much as I love Dezzy, I didn't like this flashback too much either. The whole "Des being a coward vs. Des being a tragic superhero" story is starting to get on my nerves, to be honest.

Is it just me or was this episode really depressing? It was also simply awful that they had to show the scene with Charlie getting shot by the arrow all over again. I'm actually beginning to like him and I don't want him to die.

I*cough* Kate is freakin' annoying *cough* Sorry, she's been insufferable during the whole season so far.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked this ep!

The flashbacks weren't fantastic but I thought revealing the origin of 'Brotha' being from when Des was a monk was great! Didn't see that coming!!!
Oh any Yey for Des & Penny! Although did that dumbass really think it would be her!

hehe Jin totally cracked me up with his Ghost story!
Although I'm now pretty sure he's making up random 'Korean' words as he goes along! I'm pretty damn sure I heard him shouting something about Yogi bear! Surely it's only a matter of time before 'Mangsheng'!

Oh Kate, Kate, Kate What the hell are you doing?
And Jack, Jack, Jack What the hell are you doing too?
Oh and Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer You're okay with her using you because she's jealous of Jack and Juliet?

Although....

SuperKC wrote:
Dude, that table tennis was symbollic of something. I'll give you guys three guesses and the first two don't count. First the hugging, then sexually charged table tennis? What is next? Full-on macking? I'm taking bets for the next episode ya'll. Who wants in?

I think you're totally on to something here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What friendship, trust, comradery?! Dwight and Andy were never ever ever ever friends at any point in time

I didnt mean between the two of them- but between each of them and Michael- how Dwight felt when Michael took Andy's side. Between Jack and Kate- havent you ever had a friend that started hanging out with someone else and it made you feel like crap? Especially if they think you did em wrong?

Quote:
Oh and Sawyer, Sawyer, Sawyer You're okay with her using you because she's jealous of Jack and Juliet?

I dont think he is okay with her using him, thats why he said it the way he did. To make her feel her own stupidity.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural

Last edited by Rocksiren on Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening scene scared me so much.. urgghh. I can't imagine what you must've been going through Cinthia

I've never really been a huge Penny/Desmind shipper (he has to be single ) but this episode really turned me into one! The way he was so determined, and his conversation with Charlie about wondering if she was determined too and is actually looking for him got me all emo (apart from the listening to MCR part - NEVER! ha) Loved all of the flashbacks. FINALLY we know why Desmond calls everyone brother! One of the great Lost-mysteries solved..*

KajaM wrote:
I*cough* Kate is freakin' annoying *cough* Sorry, she's been insufferable during the whole season so far.

I know! I've said it before and i'll say it again, it's character-butchering season! But she still has feelings for Jack, so i'm relieved. If they were going to just drop the Jack/Kate relationship like *that* then I wouldn't have been happy.

SuperKC wrote:
Dude, that table tennis was symbollic of something. I'll give you guys three guesses and the first two don't count. First the hugging, then sexually charged table tennis? What is next? Full-on macking? I'm taking bets for the next episode ya'll. Who wants in?

Well Jack isn't gonna be the one to make the "first move" cos he is stil pining for Tom! Ben's a dirty little whore for seperating them.

*yeah that was sarcasm btw

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof

Last edited by IntoTheVoid on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:
I actually liked this ep!

Ashleigh you like all of them

My dad cancled my download so i have to wait for it
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
It was a goodish ep. Poor Desmond, Charlie better be making a freaking shrine for you after all this.

A shrine?? Before the episode aired, I would have agreed 110% with you (see signature banner). But I don't think so anymore. Desmond was leading Charlie to his death. He asked him to join the trek knowing full well that Charlie was going to get killed and Desmond had absolutely no intention of intervening. That would have been borderline murder. I don't think Charlie should worship Desmond right now.

Do I blame Desmond? *sigh* I'm disappointed with his attitude in this episode but I still love him. Poor guy's been stuck in a hatch for 3 years pushing a button thinking the world would end if he didn't. He's out but now he's stuck with visions of stranger dying over and over again, being forced to save him. He's a prisoner again - being forced to do something he resents. Because clearly, he hates having to save Charlie's life. And knowing the very gruesome and graphics ways Charlie has 'died' in his visions, can't blame the guy for being fed up, especially since Desmond is convinced that no matter what he's going to do, Charlie going to die sooner or later. It's just a matter of time. So what if he lets a man that he knows is doomed died so that he can be reunited with his one true love?

I'm glad that he made the right decision in the end (how can he live happily ever after with Penny knowing he lead a man to his death for that reunion to happen? ) but I wish it wouldn't be at the very last fraction of a second. Charlie and Desmond have been forced into a relationship that neither men wants. Charlie may not trust Desmond again. Bad place to be since Charlie's survival seems totally dependant on Desmond's visions.

This whole situation must torn him apart. Poor Desmond....He's still my hero.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
Ashleigh you like all of them

haha, True.

Cinthia, I totally understand everything that you are saying but I have to take Desmond's side on this one. He can only save Charlie's life so many times before the inevitable happens. Just like the man with the red shoes.
I think he was right to hesitate to save Charlie's life this time, if he thought it would bring him closer to Penny and get them off the Island. After all he knows it is only a matter of time before he won't be able to save Charlie's life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOSTOnAnIsland wrote:

Cinthia, I totally understand everything that you are saying but I have to take Desmond's side on this one. He can only save Charlie's life so many times before the inevitable happens. Just like the man with the red shoes.
I think he was right to hesitate to save Charlie's life this time, if he thought it would bring him closer to Penny and get them off the Island. After all he knows it is only a matter of time before he won't be able to save Charlie's life.
That is very similar to what I'm saying. I just don't think Desmond could live happily ever after with Penny if he had lead (not prevented or hesitated... lead) someone to their death to be with her. Desmond is a good man... his conscience would be eating him.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
That is very similar to what I'm saying. I just don't think Desmond could live happily ever after with Penny if he had lead (not prevented or hesitated... lead) someone to their death to be with her. Desmond is a good man... his conscience would be eating him.

I guess, but Desmond didn't let him die. He saved him.
And if he hadn't saved him it would have been because he believed it was fate and was meant to happen so that other things could happen.
Desmond is a good man and I'm sure that whatever he decides to do or not do for Charlie is because he believes that it will be for good.
Unfortunately though, he can't keep saving Charlie forever and eventually he may have to let him die. When is it ever going to be appropriate for that to happen?
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that was pretty good, the Charlie-Hurley-Jin setup always gives good results, and it worked out well. Knew Charlie wasn't gonna die, though I was kinda expecting it to be Penny at the end there.
Who the hell is that bird?
But overall that was alright, and Desmonds back story wasn't bad, nice to see him meet Penny.

The Jacket stuff was lame, the Jate stuff was borderline, the Skate stuff was lame, the Skex was lame. Who the hell described that as hot? Now Evie pulling her jeans up, that was hot!
Everything with them 4 was lame, because it was just so pointless. I'm a total Jater but are we to believe that Kate is now thoroughly in love with Jack, but on seeing him even smile at another woman she'll run off and sleep with someone else?
At least Sawyer's not being a muppet and believing she's actually into him. She says it's not like that, but if it wasn't why does she throw herself at him unannounced whilst crying and tell him not to talk huh?
So at least he worked out, and the Sawyer-Jack stuff was cool, reminiscent of the card playing back in season 2. Juliet is just irritating as sin, they're playing her like she's Jacks wife or something, like he had to get her permission to go play table tennis with Sawyer.

Anybody see where this is going, given Kate's got it on with Sawyer again? Now I'd think condoms or anything else are in rather short supply on the island, so that means Kate can get pregnant. What happens to all mothers on this island? They die. Who can (theoretically) stop that? Juliet.

If that happens I want everyone to remember I said it first

Where was Sayid in all this? And Claire? Two people who had key roles in the last episode

Meh I'm rambling

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I say anything remember I loathe Desmond so it may sound like im totally dissing the episode but actually it wasnt bad.

First Desmond was being such an ass hole to Charlie grrrrrrrrrrrr
The flashbacks were totally boring - apart from the last one
ummm Oh the Skex was totally stupid, god jelous much?

Ping-pong=awsome hehe
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noj wrote:
Ok that was pretty good, the Charlie-Hurley-Jin setup always gives good results, and it worked out well. Knew Charlie wasn't gonna die, though I was kinda expecting it to be Penny at the end there.
Who the hell is that bird?
But overall that was alright, and Desmonds back story wasn't bad, nice to see him meet Penny.

The Jacket stuff was lame, the Jate stuff was borderline, the Skate stuff was lame, the Skex was lame. Who the hell described that as hot? Now Evie pulling her jeans up, that was hot!
Everything with them 4 was lame, because it was just so pointless. I'm a total Jater but are we to believe that Kate is now thoroughly in love with Jack, but on seeing him even smile at another woman she'll run off and sleep with someone else?
At least Sawyer's not being a muppet and believing she's actually into him. She says it's not like that, but if it wasn't why does she throw herself at him unannounced whilst crying and tell him not to talk huh?
So at least he worked out, and the Sawyer-Jack stuff was cool, reminiscent of the card playing back in season 2. Juliet is just irritating as sin, they're playing her like she's Jacks wife or something, like he had to get her permission to go play table tennis with Sawyer.

Anybody see where this is going, given Kate's got it on with Sawyer again? Now I'd think condoms or anything else are in rather short supply on the island, so that means Kate can get pregnant. What happens to all mothers on this island? They die. Who can (theoretically) stop that? Juliet.

If that happens I want everyone to remember I said it first

Where was Sayid in all this? And Claire? Two people who had key roles in the last episode

Meh I'm rambling

I agree with all of that

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
KiraMarie
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, Noj, you said "bird" and I started thinking back to when there was a bird in the episode and all I could think of was when Hurley said "I liked the part with the bird, it was a bird right?" Americans, we know nothing. lol.

I have to add my opinion to the whole des vs. charlie debate thing. I'm with des. The burden is probably awful. I dont know, I've never had someone's life in my hands. lol. Although, I'm starting to like Charlie more. The farther away from Claire he is the more I like him. He seems more...sober, I guess is the only word for it. Haha, Claire is his drug of choice. haha.

And as for the Sawyer/Jack thing. I have to say that would explain why Sawyer is going to let Kate use him. I mean, then they would both get to make Jack jealous. lol.

On a serious note, I'm so glad Jack is showing no interest in Kate anymore. Cuz in reality (or what we can call that for now) she isnt jealous of the Jacket situation as much as she is just angry that she doesnt have both guys full attention anymore. She thought Jack would come back and she would get to have her dreams of both guys falling all over themselves for her again. SHE GOT PROVEN WRONG! Damn Kate, she ticks me off.

http://www.youtube.com/10thkingdomfanatic
Izzy94
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Sawyer in this ep. He was getting used by Kate, and then he figured it out and confronted her about it. And I agree with all that you said Noj

I still dont like Jacks character anymore, one of the best parts of S1/S2, was the whole Jate vs. Skate thing going on, but now, EVERY scene with Jack + Kate in (when they're together), i'm finding extremely boring...
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think youre right Kira! Maybe she is mourning the loss of her "hot ass of the island" status. I dont think she knows what she wants- but stringing people along is not good. Jack has a weird feeling towards Juliet that he never really had towards Kate. And I dont like Juliet, so dont get me wrong. Now its Sawyer's turn to play hard to get. Kind of like Simone on Heroes (before she died)- "oh lord, what shall I do? I have two extremely hot guys after me! Boo hoo!". I dont trust Jack anymore at all.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: