Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you seperate audio and video?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: How do you seperate audio and video? Reply with quote

Is there any way to seperate audio and video on Windows Movie Maker? Like take a line and put it over a different clip.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you drag that video footage into the thing, drag it further down into the audio section. I think that will overlay the music though... hmmm....
well.. what I'd do, since WMM is so terrible, is open a new project (saving the old of course) take that clip you want for the audio, put it into the music bar at the bottom (so it's only audio) and save movie file.
When that's done, just import that audio, and use it like normal ^^

actually.. wait... I just tested that all out, and it turns out it can't be done that way >.<

okay, idea #2: Needlessly complicated: do the same as #1, get the clips in the right spots and everthing, DELETE your song out of the music bar. Put that audio clip in THAT BAR where you want it to go, and save that whole thing as movie file. that should give you, if you set the audio settings to only get audio from music (rather than from video as well) a soundless video everywhere except that one part where you put the sound in. Now import that saved movie to WMM, put it in a new project (save that old one, just in case) put it all in the video section, and then overlay that back with your song again (remembering to put it at the right spot in case it doesn't start RIGHT at the beginning)
Now you should have a video with mostly only music, but then at that one point, other sound coming through. You can regulate how loud that sound should be compared to the music by moving that slider that determines how much audio should be from music/video (I reaaaalllly hope you know exactly what this is >.<)
Anyway, then you keep making your video, until it's finally all there, and copy everything you added onto this since the last step, open a NEW PROJECT (saving old of course) and paste that all in the video section of the project (note, don't copy over the song from your last one)
now you just set that audio slider to all sound from music (there isn't any though! yay!) and save the whole thing as movie file. now you import that, open that last project you saved, and replace all the little clips in that project with this big chunk. Save this under a NEW name now, as your "final" project. it SHOULD all be just audio from the song playing through until it gets to the sound clip, where sound should leak through, and then it should go back to the regular all sound from music section...

now, you COULD have just muted every clip except for one INSTEAD of that, but either way....
A lot easier answer to that question would be "don't use WMM"

Anyone else have a simpler idea? No? okay then, use that Clio I'll guide you through it if you get lost LOL I know I would... And I wrote it!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Hobbes. I don't have a simpler way (or any way for that matter) to do this but I wanted to let you know that after reading your instructions I now appreciate why the software I use cost me (in barter) $300. You also gave me a greater appreciation for the WMM vidders. Sheesh that is complicated!

My lost music vids
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this to save chunks of audio as wavs. Then import those into the project.
http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just realized that I don't care enough to do all that work. ^_^

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VirtualDubMod is very simple to use...
once you learn how to use it.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I just realized that I don't care enough to do all that work. ^_^

quiter! After all I went through writing up that pretty paragraph
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
After all I went through writing up that pretty paragraph

That's what you get for helping people. LOL.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw! I should be drawn and quartered. I'm sorry, Hobbes, I'm a terrible human being.

Mila
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is another program i can buy to make vids beside WMM?
AnnieBW
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lessee... Adobe now has a "Premiere Elements" package that's under $100. It's got all of the good parts of Premiere in it. If it's anything like the Photoshop Elements, you'll be happy.

I've also had decent luck with Screenblaster Movie Maker and Ulead. Ulead is a little confusing for me, but it's great to capture with. Screenblaster is good if you don't have big clips.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would highly recommend Vegas 5. It's a LOT easier to use, to the same result (though I am have yet to get around to trying it out fully...)
Harry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Hobbes... Just got it and it looks pretty simple... gonna mess around wit it tomorrow Hollywoods comin over to get it soon to so... Lols expect more vids form her
LostFate25
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually if u notice there is two places for the audio on WMM. One for ur song and the other for the clips if u right click on the audio for each of the clips and hit, "MUTE" the volume can't be heard.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostFate25 wrote:
actually if u notice there is two places for the audio on WMM. One for ur song and the other for the clips if u right click on the audio for each of the clips and hit, "MUTE" the volume can't be heard.

yeah, but that means you need to use the audio from the video for it. Which doesn't really count, as that takes away your choice lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: