Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tugged Heartstrings (AU Flashback)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Tugged Heartstrings (AU Flashback) Reply with quote

Tugged Heartstrings
A/N: written for a picture prompt of a group of children trick-or-treating for my claim at LJ community: deviant_muses ...I'm about a day late posting this

“Trick or treat!”

The blonde woman who opened the door to the two small children, a boy and a girl, dressed up in Halloween costumes, smiled. She held up a jack-o-lantern shaped bucket filled with candy, taking a large Snickers bar out for each of them and dropping them into the children’s respective pillow cases.

“Thank you,” they practically sang together and hurried off her porch.

“That was the last one, Shan,” ten-year-old Boone said, holding up a nearly full pillow case of candy, beaming with pride. He pulled the eye patch off his eye and put it up on his head like one would do with sunglasses. As he reached up to itch his neck, he smeared the painted on beard that was, “like, the best part” of his pirate’s costume.

“Thanks for taking me, Boone,” Shannon replied with a grateful smile. She took off her tiara and dropped it into her also nearly full pillow case. Smoothing her shiny, pink Princess dress as she walked with her new brother, she felt happier than she had in a long time.

When Boone and Sabrina had first come into Shannon’s life, Shannon hadn’t been happy at all. But, six months later, she was feeling much better about the way her dad spent more time with Sabrina than he did with Shannon herself, because, Shannon had someone else to play with now.

Boone looked over at Shannon and smiled. It wasn’t so bad having a little sister, he supposed. When his mom was ignoring him even more than usual, at least Shannon still came into his room from time to time asking him if he wanted to play. Sure, she wanted to play Barbies and Boone would much rather dismember them or put them in comically compromising positions, but when Shannon asked, Boone would play nicely with them. “You’re welcome, Shan,” he said to her as they reached their own home where, predictably, Sabrina and Adam were not.

“Hey Boone?” Shannon asked as Boone took out his house key and let them both into the dark house.

“Yeah?” he asked, locking the door behind them when they were safely inside.

Shannon shifted her weight from one foot to another and flipped on the hall light. “It’s kind of scary with Sabrina and Dad not here...isn’t it?” She looked over at him uneasily, hoping that he’d feel the same way so that he wouldn’t think she was being a baby.

“A little,” Boone replied calmly. She was acting like a baby, he thought, but of course, she was only eight. He, being a ten-year-old, was clearly too old to think it was scary to be home alone with his little sister. It was his job to make her feel better.

“Yeah, I guess it’s just a little scary,” Shannon replied, trying to cover herself. “I’m really tired...” she muttered, stifling a yawn.

“Then go to bed,” Boone replied, taking the eye patch and bandana off his head, and beginning to remove the clip on hoop earring from his left ear. He looked over at her as if to emphasize the point. It might be his job to make her feel better, but he wasn’t tired and had no intention of letting her stay awake and watch TV with him if she was just going to be a crab.

“Boone,” Shannon moaned, “I can’t. It’s scary up there.” She cast a worried look toward the tall staircase.

“You never been scared before, Shannon,” Boone muttered.

“It’s never been Halloween before,” Shannon shot back. She looked at Boone pleadingly.

Boone forced a smile that slowly morphed into a more genuine one when she returned it. “Okay, Shan, what if I tuck you in?”

“Can you lay with me until Daddy and Sabrina come home?” Shannon bartered.

Boone paused for a minute to think. Seeing the hopeful look on Shannon’s face, he made his decision. “All right. Come on, then.”

Shannon grinned ear to ear and looked at Boone lovingly. He might not be her real brother, but he sure was the best big brother she ever met and at that moment, as Boone led her up the stairs, her fear of the dark house melted away. Shannon felt, for the first time, at that very moment, something she had never felt toward someone other than her Daddy. It was a weird tug feeling in her heart. If she’d been older, she’d know that the actual term for the feeling was that when he’d agreed to stay with her, she felt a tug on her heartstrings.

Boone tucked Shannon in and laid back on top of the covers of Shannon’s bed after turning out the lamp on her bedside table and Shannon stared at him in the darkness.

“Boone?” she asked softly, yawning again.

“Hmm?”

“Good night,” she mumbled.

“Night, Shan,” Boone replied, smiling a little.

A long, silent pause fell between them. As she felt herself drift away, Shannon decided she should let him know.

“I love you,” she whispered, before drifting off to sleep.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cute. I really liked this part a lot:

Quote:
...isn’t it?” She looked over at him uneasily, hoping that he’d feel the same way so that he wouldn’t think she was being a baby.

“A little,” Boone replied calmly. She was acting like a baby, he thought
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I liked that, too, actually...everybody's been down one of those roads before
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sterderup9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoking movie...

http://nakedparishilton.info/censored/88520
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: