Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outlaws

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Outlaws Reply with quote

How horrible was this episode? Predictable and lame. If they keep this up, the next episode will probably be centered around Sun's search for the right plant to heal Jin's hand-cuff blisters. *yawn*

Pardon the pun but this episode was just a bore. Get it? lol ...nevermind.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beg to differ. I quite enjoyed this episode. The "I Never" bit sealed the deal. That was a great exchange for ANY two characters, but particularly nice for these two. And Robert Patrick, "Have you seen this boy?" LOVE ROBERT. He rules. And then there was the whole Sawyer and Christian exchange which was glorious, especially when Sawyer realizes it at the end and the chooses to not say anything about. This episode was GOLD, Jerry, Gold!!!

The worst episode ever, for any show, was the retarded 2nd Kate episode. I've never been more pissed in my life. (in my best whiney and annoying as all possible Kate voice) "It belonged to the man I love; It belonged to the man I killed" (or something to that effect). God that episode was awful. I'm getting irritated just talking about it.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unexcusably bad Lost episodes (IMHO of course):

Bad: White Rabbit
Worse: Outlaws
Worst so far: Whatever The Case AKA 'WTF?'
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Rabbit? What's wrong with White Rabbit? And you're judging our videos? LOL.

For the record I immediately retract the previous comment and may it never stay with you while judging any videos by me. However, if you want to pretend Laura said it and take out your aggressions on her, feel free. That's right, IT'S ON!! (or rather, still on, can't think of an intimidating taunt to throw out)

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll just forget you said that.

Just because I enjoy making Lost videos doesn't mean I love the show so much that I can't or won't criticize it! Not every episode can be great. I would say I really like about 70% of them, 20% are so-so, and that last 10% are just really bad. Outlaws wasn't as bad as Whatever the Case however since I kind of saw it comming. When the promo showed the romance angle and tried to make it look like Sawyer was going to shoot Jack, which obviously wasn't going to happen, I knew it would be another filler episode.

What did you like so much about Outlaws and White Rabbit?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that liking the show doesn't mean that we have to like every episode, but I was inclined to like this one. It was pretty powerful in its own way, with Saywer's childhood and the death of the shrimp man. And the I Never game.

I hated Whatever The Case May Be. Not all of it, because there were some good parts, but most of it.

LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the best episode EVER. Why? Red Sox Baby!!!

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated WTCMB too.. it was horrible ofr lost standards, but I still think it more than holds it's own against any other show. Every lost episode is a gem.

That said, I actually didn't mind this episode. I'm like you Enchirito, I need more clues to the island rather than just fluffy character backgrounds, but I loved the entire Sawyer plotline (my favourite character, next to Locke, now) that was done so damn well, that I can forgive them and still jut-down this episode as one of the better ones.
The way I see it, that whole "SAWYER MAY KILL JACK!!" preview was just an inside joke by the producers to think that we'll blindly follow any spoiler they throw at us.
I was let down in what I thought was gonna happen (I expected that it was actually Sawyer who killed Jack's dad), but I liked the alternate ending okay too...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote

"I was let down in what I thought was gonna happen (I expected that it was actually Sawyer who killed Jack's dad), but I liked the alternate ending okay too..."

To be fair, they never showed us how or when Sawyer left. And in Boone's episode we where we see Sawyer in the same police station, he claims something to the effect of "All I did was give him the bottle!" And he's obviously arrested for SOMETHING that appears to be suspicion of Christian's death.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would make a lot of sense!!! I thought he said "It was his bottle, I just gave it back to him." implying that he hit or stabbed him with a beer bottle. Mayb he tried to kill Higgs? or he just got in trouble for buying Mr Sheppard so much alchohol...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it could have been Higs... he was in the states, right?

lostgirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would have to say it was kinda boring but maybe next espiode will be alot better.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the show a lot, but this was one of the worst ones. The idea was okay, but the whole pace of the ep sucked.

The way Sawyer (who is this super-con man) was duped into doing the dirty work was just too much for me. The only redeeming feature was as Cliodna mentions the "I never..." game.

Here is to hoping next week's ep isn't some Gilligan's Island raft rip-off. Bottoms up!

My lost music vids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: