Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In A Split Second

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: In A Split Second Reply with quote

In A Split Second
A/N: I wrote this just after 2x06 - Abandoned aired...I was still clinging to the possibility that Jack could ride in on his white horse and save the day. Clearly, I was in denial

In a split second, it’s over. She’s seeing Walt; Michael and Jin (where’s Sawyer?), a bunch of strange, new faces. She’s seeing red. She feels Sayid. Her heart swells with a love she hasn’t felt in a long, long time, and then...nothing.

In a split second, she was no longer looking at unfamiliar faces as she held herself in the rain. Sayid was a memory; the island, a dream, because what mattered now was that Boone was coming toward her and she’d never been so excited and terrified to see him in her life.

He looked like the same Boone she’d drank herself to bed with. The same Boone with sparkling eyes that, once upon a time, she loved very much. The same Boone she’d broken and the same Boone that now hated her as much as loved her.

“I’m sorry, Shan,” was all he said and she couldn’t understand why he would be until he started to fade away.

“Don’t you leave me again, God dammit!” she screamed and Boone shrugged, his eyes sympathetic.

“I’m not...” his voice was nearly a whisper as Shannon felt the rain pelting her skin. Boone was gone and she was sopping wet, and then...she realized something that frightened her even more.

Shannon realized that her stomach hurt as though it had exploded, and also...Shannon felt cold.

Voices fluttered in her ears and rain spattered her face. A warmer sensation came over part of her and she could feel Sayid again. She could feel herself coming back to life once again.

Boone was gone. He wasn’t sorry for abandoning her, she thought, and in a split second she knew–he was sorry because he knew Shannon would think that he was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was great (like your Kate one over at CE). I wanted Jack to save Shannon too! I didnt realise how much I liked her until she was killed off.

Great stuff. Can't wait for the next.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww well thank you I'm glad you liked them. I may post some more of my fic that I've written more recently for my claim of Shannon at a couple different fic communities on LJ. Most of my fic right now, though, is an AU crossover with Dead Like Me in which Shannon and Charlie become grim reapers, and that's taken a lot of my time--when I finish it (I'm pretty close to done), then I will be getting back to work on just Shannon again.

Again, thanks for reading and reviewing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“Don’t you leave me again, God dammit!” she screamed and Boone shrugged, his eyes sympathetic

I could really hear her saying this. Once again great work.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, KC!

Honestly, I think my favorite part is

and also...Shannon felt cold.

I don't know why but I like that the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: