Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

There's a Difference (Shannon-centric)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: There's a Difference (Shannon-centric) Reply with quote

There's a Difference
A/N: written for word promt: "shatter" for my claim at LJ community: deviant_muses

Shannon stared down at the lifeless form of her brother. It was the weirdest feeling she’d ever felt. Like a dream. Like they were kids again and Boone was just playing Romeo for her when she was running lines before rehearsal. Like he wasn’t really dead; just pretending for her own benefit, but deep down she knew that that wasn’t it. When she looked at him, he looked different to her. He looked...defeated.

The blood all over him, coagulated, most frighteningly so, on his face, under normal circumstances would have Shannon’s stomach turning so uncomfortably that she’d have to choose between looking away and vomiting. This time, she didn’t feel that way. Looking down at Boone’s broken form didn’t make her sick; it made her sad. It made her feel empty and lonesome. It was a feeling she knew all too well.

Anger, too, was a feeling she knew all too well, and she felt that right now, too. Shannon wanted–-longed–-to blame someone. Anyone. Boone for failing. Jack for failing. She wanted to blame them both, because if Boone had held on, he’d still be here. If Boone had wanted it enough, he’d have lived. Jack was supposed to be their leader. He was supposed to know everything, so why hadn’t he known enough to save Boone’s life?

Mostly, though, Shannon wanted to, and did, blame John Locke, because if he hadn’t taken Boone under his wing, Boone wouldn’t have been out in the jungle that day. He’d have been out on the beach with Shannon, maybe reading a book of Sawyer’s; maybe taking a swim...hell, maybe he’d even be calling her useless, since that’s what he was best at. Right then, in that very moment, Shannon would’ve given anything to hear him call her worthless. Right then, she’d would have definitely given anything to hear his voice, even if it was to mock and belittle her.

There was something else that Shannon was feeling, like a dull throb in her chest. It was something she was both familiar and unfamiliar with at the same time, which scared and confused her, but, there it was. The pain of a broken heart was something Shannon knew very well, but this somewhat new, jagged flare was a little bit different. Yes, a broken heart Shannon knew and had had, but a shattered heart... Now she knew the difference.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Right then, in that very moment, Shannon would’ve given anything to hear him call her worthless. Right then, she’d would have definitely given anything to hear his voice, even if it was to mock and belittle her.

Wow that was probably the best line in the whole thing. Sad and very touching. You really have a knack for writing Shannon.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, KC I could identify with Shannon a lot of times when she was on the show...I think that's why I like to write her so much
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: