Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I save my video?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duane Barry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: How do I save my video? Reply with quote

Could someone please explain to me what to do with a video once I've made it? I tried saving it to my computer but it said it was going to take over 300 hours and the number kept increasing. So I then tried saving it "to the web". That finished fairly quickly, but then it said I had to log into my video hosting provider, which I don't have. The only option they show is Neptune, which is a pay service. What am I supposed to do with my video?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you have to start by saving it to your computer if you want to watch it ever. The 300 hours was probably just an error, it takes maybe a maximum of 30 minutes to save, not a big deal.
After you have it saved as the big format one, then you have to save it again! lol! if you ever want to send it to anyone. First you should go to the tab "Tools" and go to Options > Advanced > E-Mail > and change the menu there to 10MB (this gives you the highest quality for videos to be sent via e-mail)

Then, you do the save process over again, only you choose the "E-mail" section, wait for it... then choose "Save copy to my computer"
Then you can either continue that e-mail section, or you can cancel it, open up your MSN or AOL or whatever you use, and put that file you just saved as an attachment, and send it right here lol!

Streamload.com provides a good site for a quick hosting if you just want to show your firends it. It only stays up 7 day though, so beware >.<
and if you hink your video is good enough, send itin to us, and we'll deliberate whether it's good enough to squeeze onto the site
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Duane Barry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot. I will try to figure out the e-mail part. I have managed to save it to my computer (the 300 + hours message was apparently an error, indeed).

Here's my other big question: When I was dropping the clips into the boxes and going to edit them, they seemed to appear in random sizes. They were already cut down, to different degrees. And I couldn't bring them back to full size! I kept struggling with that, trying to get a decent amount of clip to edit. That was a real pain. How do you make sure you have the full clip to edit every time?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm... that sounds strange to me... I've never heard of that before, unless you're just explaining it differently than I understand...
But to what I THINK you're saying is that you're putting pieces of a clip in the project bar, but you can't get them to fit together? or something...?
If that's what it is, that's pretty-much normal. What I like to do is take the whole clip, then put it in the project menu and clip it from in there, either by the "split" function, or by dragging the beginning or end of the clip to shorten it (this makes it easy to undo, and fit exactly to the music)

If, indeed, you mean that when you put some clip there it suddenly changes length, such as a 3-second clip suddenly becoming 6 seconds, I have no idea what to do because WMM should't be doing that... To try and solve it, tell me whether it just lengthens (more footage is added at the end that wasn't there before) shortens (cuts stuff you dont want cut) or just somehow gets longer or shorter (probably some glitch in the speed, which you may be able to solve via effects like slow down and speed up)

hope that helps... try defining what that is again? me confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: