Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SurReality TV: The Challenge (feat. assorted LVIers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

...ok, I quite badly want to make an opening credits vid for this...but I dont know where to find clips of the people playing the LVIers...

I tried, for example, ryan-cooley.net because I know that that has clips, but it's down for remodeling Any ideas, anybody? I mean, if I really wanted to, I could get clips, but I dont' want to be a clip thief, so...i'd rather the original sources so that I'm not being a jerk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill see what I can do!

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just touching base to say I'm alive, I'm alive! Sadly, though, I don't know when I'll be back up and running at full speed. But I'll do my best to check in with things here as much as I possibly can!

Great last ep, Jen! And super-mondo-fantabuloso pics, Ruth! I mean, just jaw-droppingly super-mondo-fantabuloso! Somebody's GOTTA do a boxset of all these things at the end! *wonders where Colin went*

What can I say? He's the king of the boxsets!

Sorry again for the crummy timing on my whole computer nearly catching on fire thingie. It's quite seriously a bummer for ME as well! (Why do I have things that catch on fire, BTW? First my TV last year, now my computer??? Is it my explosive personality, you think? )
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
(Why do I have things that catch on fire, BTW? First my TV last year, now my computer??? Is it my explosive personality, you think? )

That's exactly what I think it is, Aislynn, so...erm...stop that.

Glad you liked the ep--another one up tonight sometime

ALSO, guys...I'm still in need of a Jack, Charlie, Nikkie, Locke, and Ben, so if anyone knows of someone who would like to RP one of these characters for a little while to help me out while writing this...PLEASE send them my way ASAP!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A/N: Sorry this took so long...I've been kinda dragging the writing process of it out in hopes that I will soon get volunteers for the last of the Losties and then I can write the next game... Anyway, enjoy!

Nearly an hour after dinner, while Claire and Marcus are doing the dishes, everyone has gone off to do their own things. It’s still hot out and the weather is slightly muggy. While the sun sets in the window of the hut over the sink, Claire frowns slightly, handing a dish to Marcus to dry.

“Why the long face?” he asks, taking the plate, drying it, and putting it away.

Claire shrugs. “It sunk in,” she says, “that Sun is really gone...could be any one of us, you know?” She hands him the last plate and shuts off the water.

“Yeah,” Marcus says, drying it and putting it away, “I know.”

“What now?” Claire asks. “We’ve got some time to kill...”

“Actually,” Marcus replies, “I think I’m gonna go swimming. You wanna come?”

Claire shakes her head. “No, thanks,” she replies, “I’m not really feelin’ it,” she adds. “Have fun, though.”

Marcus pauses, looking at her. “Sure?”

With a smile, Claire nods. “I’m positive, but thank you, really, Marcus.”

This time, Marcus smiles. “All right. Well, later, then,” he says, leaving her in the kitchen, heading to his sleeping quarters to change.

In the living room, Steph is braiding Aislynn’s hair. Steph is sitting on the couch; Aislynn on a pillow on the floor. Jack walks in from having been in his sleeping quarters and cocks his head to the side, making his way around the couch and sitting down beside Steph.

“What’s the fascination with that?” Jack asks, “girls playing with each other’s hair?”

“Playing with a girl’s hair is the key to her heart,” Steph says, “will melt them every time,” she adds.

“But we’re just bored, actually,” Aislynn says with a grin, turning her head slightly to look up at Jack.

“Done,” Steph says, letting go of Aislynn’s hair and watching as the braid unravels slightly without a ponytail holder to keep it in place.

Aislynn stands and smiles. “Thanks. I think I’m gonna go take a shower,” she says, stretching. “I’m feeling kinda icky...”

“Yeah, it’s really stuffy tonight,” Steph says, leaning back on the couch. “Enjoy,” she adds to Aislynn as she leaves the hut.

“Yeah, thanks,” Aislynn laughs, disappearing out the door.

“So playing with a girl’s hair really gets her, huh?” Jack asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Nine times out of ten,” Steph says with a nod.

Jack grins and stretches his legs out, slouching down on the couch. “Good to know...”

Aislynn heads toward the shower with her headphones on, bopping her head to the tunes invading her ears. There is only one shower for sixteen people, but it’s getting late and surely it must be free.

With her towel slung over her shoulder, she makes her way closer. For a moment, just before she crosses the threshold, she feels like she’s being watched and she whirls to look, stepping into the shower room backward, assuming that it’s Sawyer. There is no one.

“Ow!” Jen shouts as the shower door unlatches and swings open, spilling her, fully clothed, onto the floor in a tangle of arms and legs below Charlie.

Aislynn hears the crash and yanks out her ear bugs, spinning toward the sound, eyes going wide at the sight.

Charlie looks up at Aislynn, face red as a beet, eyes wide, and mouth opened in an “o” of surprise as he stands quickly and rakes a hand through his hair nervously. “We were just, um...”

“No,” Aislynn says quickly, closing her eyes. “No, no...it’s okay...I’m going...” she insists, her voice rising an octave from embarrassment, turning around again and heading back out of the shower room quickly.

Jen stands, too and sighs, face burning. “Fantastic...” she whispers.

“Sorry,” Charlie says.

“Um, I thought you, uh...locked the door...” Jen says, biting her bottom lip and furrowing her brow.

“Me too,” he manages, massaging his forehead with one hand.

“I got Ais,” Jen says, “Claire can’t know.”

“Right,” Charlie agrees instantly. “Momentary lapse of judgement?”

Jen looks over at him, offended. “Fine,” she mutters.

“No, no, okay...” Charlie says quickly, taking her wrist as she starts to walk away. “Okay, just...I don’t know what came over me, and Claire just...Claire can not know about this. And it can’t happen again.”

Frowning, Jen shrugs. “It was just kissing,” she insists.

“And a quick grope, love?” he asks, raising his eyebrows.

“Whatever,” Jen replies, “let go–I have to go talk to Aislynn.”

Charlie nods. “Go on, then,” he says, letting go, and Jen hurries from the shower room, leaving Charlie alone, adjusting his jeans and finger-combing his hair to look presentable when he leaves.

“Go fish,” Ruth says, grinning at Paul. The two of them are sitting on Ruth’s bed playing cards to pass the time.

“You’re a liar,” Paul says, “you’ve got to have something!”

Laughing, Ruth shakes her head. “I don’t have any eights, Paul!” she insists. “Go fish!”

Aislynn bursts into the girls’ sleeping quarters, eyes wide. “Oh, my God...” she mutters repeatedly.

Ruth and Paul look up at her ashen face. “What’s wrong, Ais?!” Ruth asks, standing.

Jen enters the room next. “Out,” she says, looking at Paul and Ruth. When neither of them move, she stamps a foot. “Get out!” she says again, this time more forcefully.

Paul and Ruth exchange looks and Paul raises his eyebrows. “God, she’s pushy...let’s just go in my room,” he says to Ruth, taking her wrist and pulling her along behind him as he passes Jen and leaves the hut. Ruth doesn’t put up a fight, but she does stare at Jen and Aislynn until they disappear completely from sight.

“What do you suppose that was all about?” Paul asks as he lets go of Ruth’s wrist and they head into the guy’s hut. Warren is reading a book, Locke is taking a nap, and Sawyer is flipping idly through a magazine. Warren looks up briefly from his book to see the source of the voice interrupting his sentence and then looks back down into it, reimmersing himself in the material.

“Dunno,” Ruth says, “but I’ll find out...sounded pretty juicy,” she adds with a mischievous grin, sitting down on the opposite side of Paul’s bed and handing him the deck of cards to re-shuffle and re-deal.

“Come on, Claire, everyone else is doing something and you’re just standing there, looking all sad,” Kate says, as she towel dries her hair and then wraps the towel around her waist.

“I just can’t believe Sun is really out of the game. Kind of...worries me,” Claire admits. “It’ not like I exactly did well, you know...” she adds.

“Come on out,” Kate insists, “forget about it for now or you’ll go nuts.”

“I don’t feel like it,” Claire says, “Marcus already asked.”

“We can make fun of Nikki...” Kate offers in a sing-song voice, “she’s out there being her stupid, bubbly self...come on...please?”

Claire can’t help but grin a little at the thought. “Fine,” she relents. “Who’s all out there?”

Kate pauses to think. “Colin, Marcus, and Nikki. And I was...” she says.

A short pause falls between them. “Where’s Charlie?” Claire asks. “I haven’t seen him since dinner...”

Kate shrugs. “Probably went to take a nap,” she replies.

Claire considers this for a moment and then nods. “Probably. All right, let me go change and I’ll be right out,” she says.

With a smile, Kate nods. “Okay, Claire. I’ll be waiting. You’d better come out. You and me...hot tub, no boys allowed,” she says.

“Oh, my God, that sounds good...” Claire admits, “okay, I’ll hurry.”

Steph feels her stomach flop a little as Jack continues to look at her, speaking no words. “What...?” she finally asks, feeling slightly self-conscious.

Jack shrugs and sits back up straight. “Just considering the ammo you’ve given me.”

“What ammo?” Steph asks, raising an eyebrow suspiciously.

“The playing with the hair thing,” he says. “Just, like, what? I have to braid your hair?”

“You don’t have to do anything with my hair,” Steph replies awkwardly.

“I know,” Jack laughs, “but, if I was going to play with it...is that what you mean? Because I can’t braid,” he adds with a grin.

Steph’s cheeks redden slightly. “You can do whatever you want,” she replies, surprising even herself at the tone of her voice as the words tumble out.

“It’s not what it looks like,” Jen says quickly, looking Aislynn in the eye.

Aislynn blinks. “Um, it looked like you were making out with Charlie in the shower,” she says.

Jen frowns. “Okay, it’s exactly what it looks like. Please don’t tell...”

“But...” Aislynn starts.

“Aislynn...please?” Jen pleads, looking her friend in the eye. “It’ll only cause trouble. This has to be our little secret...”

“What has to be your little secret?” Claire ventures as she walks into the room to get her bathing suit.

Jen whirls to face her, cheeks red and eyes wide. “Nothing.”

“Yeah, nothing,” Aislynn echoes feebly.

Claire gives them a suspicious eyebrow raise and laughs. “Okay...” she mutters, walking past them to get her swim suit. She starts back out of the door.

“Where’re you going?” Jen asks quickly.

Claire turns and looks at her. “To the shower room...to change in private...” she says slowly.

“You can’t go in there,” Aislynn says.

Again, Claire raises an eyebrow. “Why not?”

“Uh, Jack’s in the shower,” Jen supplies.

“No, he isn’t,” Claire says, “he’s in the Community Room with Steph.”

“Oh, right,” Jen says slowly, defeated.

“Sawyer is,” Aislynn jumps in. “Sawyer’s in there.”

“O..kay...” Claire replies slowly. “Then...can you guys leave for me to change?” she asks.

“Sure,” Jen says quickly.

“Definitely,” Aislynn agrees simultaneously and the two of them scramble out of sight.

When Jen and Aislynn are on their way back to the community room, Charlie sneaks his way out of the shower room and cuts them off.

“I saw Claire go–”

Jen interrupts him. “It’s cool,” she assures him. “And Aislynn promises not to tell,” she says and looks away from Charlie, toward Aislynn, “right?”

Aislynn nods, looking back and forth between Jen and Charlie.

The evening becomes night quickly–the sun sets fast–leaving Colin and Marcus in the darkness as they splash around in the pool, purposefully missing one another from time to time, sending Nikki into sputters for air as she floats on a raft.

“Sorry,” Colin calls out as Marcus stifles laughter.

“Didn’t mean to, Nikki,” Marcus adds.

Nikki frowns. “It’s okay,” she sighs, “please just be careful...”

Colin crosses his heart with one finger. “We will,” he assures her.

Kate and Claire watch, grinning and snorting in effort not to laugh, from their place in the hot tub.

“See?” Kate asks, looking away from the spectacle in the pool and over at Claire, “isn’t this better than sulking in the kitchen?”

Claire smiles. “Much,” she admits, “thanks, Kate.”

With a smile, Kate nods. “No problem.”

“Oops, sorry!” Colin yells when his head breaks the surface after having jumped into the pool, intentionally making a larger than necessary splash.

Nikki sits up quickly, which results in the over-turning of her raft, and she falls in.

An explosion of laughter erupts from Kate, Claire, Colin, and Marcus as Nikki comes up sputtering and angrily makes her way to the ladder. “That’s it!” she shouts, climbing out of the pool and storming into the Community Room hut.

“Nice work,” Kate calls out to Colin, grinning.

“Thanks,” Colin replies, puffing out his chest with pride, “I do what I can.”

Claire can’t help but laugh again. “Poor Nikki...”

“Oh yeah,” Marcus says sarcastically as he climbs out of the pool and wraps himself in a towel. “Poor thing; she doesn’t ask for it, or anything,” he jokes.

“Where you goin’?” Colin asks.

“Bed,” Marcus replies, looking down at his waterproof watch. “It’s, like, ten-thirty or something, and I want to get up early so I can shower before she hogs it,” he explains, referring to Nikki.

Colin nods and gets out of the pool, too. “Good call,” he agrees, “night ladies,” he adds to Claire and Kate as he follows Marcus inside.

“Night,” the two of them call after the boys.

“They’re so adorable,” Claire croons, grinning.

Aislynn excuses herself from the conversation, making her way to the living room, hoping to see Sawyer and forget about the shower incident.

The clock on the wall says that its nearing eleven o’clock. The living room has been deserted, so Aislynn sinks down onto one of the couches and picks a discarded Cosmo magazine off the coffee table.

As Aislynn curls up into the corner of the couch, Claire and Kate come in from the hot tub and bid her good night on their way out to the girls’ hut.

“So...” Jen says after a short, somewhat awkward silence. “Meet you in the shower in forty-five?”

“Deal,” Charlie says, and they part ways in time to disappear into their respective huts before they can be seen.

Paul shakes Ruth awake. She opens her eyes slowly and looks around in the hut. Seven pairs of tired eyes are staring at her.

“What...?” she starts, but Paul cuts her off.

“You fell asleep and I didn’t want to wake you,” he says, “but they want lights out, so...” He lets his voice trail off.

Ruth blushes. “Sorry,” she says sheepishly, standing up and starting toward the door. “Night,” she adds over her shoulder as she leaves, passing Charlie on her way out.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, CHARLIE AND JEN! Oh noes! LMAO.

So... I loved when ruth gets waken up by paul and seven pairs of tired eyes are staring at her. LOL. At first I thought "seven eyes? Wait... who's missing an eye?" LMAO. I am retarded!

Can't wait for the next part. Poor Nikki! I'm actually starting to feel sorry for her!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
So... I loved when ruth gets waken up by paul and seven pairs of tired eyes are staring at her. LOL. At first I thought "seven eyes? Wait... who's missing an eye?" LMAO. I am retarded!

LMFAO! That's beautiful, KC.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ep. What's the ship name for Jen and Charlie? I guess it has to be Chen since Jarlie's taken.

SuperKC wrote:
Poor Nikki! I'm actually starting to feel sorry for her!

Uh...huh....

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
Great ep.

Thank you, Mon Frere!

Quote:
What's the ship name for Jen and Charlie? I guess it has to be Chen since Jarlie's taken.

hmmm... has an interesting ring to it...
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so much fun!

Okay 1: Jen you are a naughty naughty girl, and I like it!

2: I dont know how you did it, but you have me down!

3: Go Jack! Way more intiative than on the actual show!

4: Hahahaha everyone's so mean to Nikki.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Okay 1: Jen you are a naughty naughty girl, and I like it!

Quote:
2: I dont know how you did it, but you have me down!

I'm just real good like that

Quote:
3: Go Jack! Way more intiative than on the actual show!

our little boy is growing up! *tear*

Quote:
4: Hahahaha everyone's so mean to Nikki.

Well, its not like she doesn't ask for it...
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...so...I still need Charlie, Locke, Nikki, Ben, and Jack and it doesn't seem like anyone wants them, so I have to leave you all hanging a little with this... Apologies ahead of time. Also, I'm almost finished making the vid for the Opening Sequence of the Game. I'm sure you're all peeing your pants in excitement

Without further ado (and also without the scores, even though I've already drawn them (dammit)) I present to you, the Second Challenge.

Claire waves goodbye and when everyone has disappeared from sight, she leaves the doorway of the Community Room and makes her way inside, sitting on a couch to watch the game from the television.

“Hello, everyone,” Ben says cheerfully as the group makes it to their second Challenge. Behind Ben, there is a gigantic maze and a large poster which is covered so that no one can see what the poster actually is. “Welcome to your second Challenge, The A-maze-ing Race.

“Each team has a leader who has been randomly chosen for them, and before I explain the Challenge fully, I need for Marcus and Jack to please come forward.”

Jack and Marcus exchange glances briefly before stepping forward.

“You will each choose two assistants for this mission,” Ben says, “Jack, please choose first.”

Jack opens his mouth to ask what the assistants will be doing, but closes his mouth just as quickly, figuring if he was supposed to know, Ben would have told him.

“Uh...” Jack stalls. He figures he might as well be random, since he has no idea what skills the assistants should have. “John,” he says, confident that Locke is probably an all-around safe bet, “and...uh, Colin.”

Ben nods. “Marcus?”

Marcus doesn’t hesitate. “Warren and Ais,” he says quickly. They won the last Challenge, so surely they’ll be useful as assistants.

“All right,” Ben says, “the rest of you will wait in the sound-proof room back behind those trees,” he adds, pointing behind the group. “We will retrieve you randomly for your turns,” he finishes dismissively.

After a moment of collective confused hesitation, the remaining eight unchosen turn and file away, going into their room of confinement.

Ben smiles at the six people before him. “The remaining members of your teams will be sent through this mirror maze,” he explains and pauses.

In the absence of spoken words, a soft rumble; the sound of a car engine; fills their ears.

“Driving this,” Ben says, gesturing toward a red Chevrolet Corvette emerging from between two trees.

“Whoa...” Colin, Warren, and Marcus simultaneously breathe, in awe.

“Do we get to drive that?!” Warren asks.

“No,” Ben replies, “In this Challenge, each of the other players will drive through this maze. The leaders of each team–Jack and Marcus–will direct them through. The assistants,” he pauses, gesturing toward Aislynn, Warren, Colin, and Locke, “will be allowed five minutes to memorize the maze’s layout. They will give the directions to the leader who will then dictate them to the driver.

“Does everyone understand?”

One by one, each of them nods.

Claire watches the television listening to the directions as Ben gives them. “God, I hope Aislynn and Warren are as good at memorization as they are at keeping balance on a stump,” she mutters to herself.

Ben pulls the cover off the poster and two equally large drawings of the maze are revealed–one for each team to concentrate on without distracting the other team. “You will have, as I said, five minutes, at the start of my clock, to solve and memorize the paths of the maze. Are the four assistants ready to begin?”

There are murmurs of consent and nods as Ben raises a stop watch. “Begin.”

“Okay, I’m total crap at memorizing stuff, Warren,” Aislynn hisses at him.

“All right,” Warren sighs, “okay...we’ll solve it, and then we’ll both memorize the whole thing, so that if one of us forgets a step, the other will hopefully remember it for them. Sound good?”

Aislynn nods and they get straight to work solving the maze.

“Colin, you take the second half of the maze,” Locke says, tracing his first finger along the correct path, having solved it quickly. “I’ll memorize the first half. This way there’s less to remember.”

“Okay,” Colin agrees, and stares at the map as a whole before focusing in on his part to memorize.

“Time,” Ben calls out.

The four assistants turn away from the posters as Ben steps forward and covers them again. He takes a small walkie-talkie out of his pocket and begins to speak into it. “First up, Ruth. Please let yourself out of the sound-proof room and come back here for your turn.”

When the voice first beings to speak in the sound-proof room where everyone is standing quiet and still, the group startles, unsure of the source of it.

“...Ruth. Please let yourself out of the sound-proof room and come back here for your turn.”

“Good luck,” Steph says with a grin.

“You got this, girl,” Kate encourages.

Paul touches her shoulder and when she turns her head to look at him, he smiles. “It’s in the bag, baby,” he says, “I know you can do it, Ruth. Kick some ass!”

At all the encouragement, Ruth smiles widely. “I got this,” she replies confidently, leaving the room and closing the door behind her, and disappearing from their sight as she makes her way back to the game.

“Wonder what we’re doing,” Charlie says, more to himself than to any of the others.

Jen looks over at him. “Ruth will tell everybody when she gets back,” she assures him, confident that it’s true. When he looks back at her, they share a meaningful look and Jen turns her eyes downward. Which is precisely why Ruth will never find out about the shower she thinks, but does not say.

The minutes roll by slowly for those in the room, and then, “Steph,” Ben’s voice calls out in a staticy crackle.

“Where’s Ruth?” Kate asks, raising her eyebrows.

“Please make your way back for your turn,” Ben’s voice continues.

“Dunno,” Steph says. She looks to Kate and Paul for support. Smiles and hugs are exchanged, and Steph leaves, closing the door behind her and following Ruth’s previous path.

When she gets back to the game site, she sees Ruth sitting Indian-style on the ground beside Aislynn, Warren, and Marcus. Then, she sees the car.

“What the f***?” she asks, looking at Ruth with wide eyes.

Before Ruth can open her mouth to answer, Ben speaks. “Steph, you will have ten minutes to finish drive through the maze. Jack will call out directions to you. The maze is constructed entirely of mirrors. If, at any time, you break a mirror by colliding with a wall, you will be disqualified and your score will not be added into your teams’ collective times for a final result. If you are in the maze for more than ten minutes, you will be disqualified and we will retrieve you. Again, your score will not add in with the other times. If and when you finish and come out of the maze, you must raise the flag on the pole so that we can see you have finished and thus stop the time. Do you understand?” Ben asks.

Steph’s eyes go wide as she looks away from Ben and over at Jack. “Mirrors?!”

Jack frowns and nods.

“I don’t even know how to drive!” Steph squeaks. “I mean if it was regular road, I’m sure I could figure it out, but...”

“Steph,” Jack says, stepping forward and resting a hand on her shoulder, looking into her eyes. “You can do this. It’s easy enough to drive and Colin and John know the maze like the back of their hands. Just take it slow and easy and listen to everything I tell you...you’ll be fine,” he says firmly and confidently.

Closing her eyes in a slow blink and swallowing hard, Steph nods and climbs into the car which has been moved so that it is positioned at the mouth of the maze.

The top is down and the keys are in the ignition. She turns the key and then looks at Jack in the rear view mirror before looking straight ahead and pressing her foot to the brake, and pulling the shift into drive position.

“Go,” Ben says, starting a stop watch.

“Go straight past three turns. On the fourth, take a left,” Jack says calmly to her and watches as she nods and inches into the maze, having taken her foot off the brake but not yet putting it on the gas.

“Then she will take the first right and the second left,” John says. Jack nods.

They wait in silence.

“Okay!” Steph calls a few minutes later. “Now where?”

“Steph, you have to use the gas or you won’t finish in ten minutes,” Jack calls out, “now drive up and take the first right turn.”

Steph squints at the course, nodding reflexively that she understands Jack’s instructions. The entire maze is made of mirrors. All of the walls and even the floor are mirrors. The sunlight streaming in from above her glares into her eyes and makes it difficult to see where the wall breaks open for a new path via a left or right turn. She touches the gas pedal and shoots forward a few feet.

A squeal echoes out of the maze and Jack’s eyes go wide. “Steph?” he calls out.

“I’m okay,” Steph calls back. “Jesus Christ this is hard...” she mutters to herself and finally sees the first right turn. She takes it and calls out for the next direction.

“Time,” Ben says as Steph’s blue flag flaps in the wind about a foot higher than the top of the maze.

He does not reveal Steph’s time to the group. Instead, he calls for Steph to make her way around the outside of the maze, leaving the car, and join the group at the beginning of the maze.

After about an extra ten minutes of reset, Ben summons Charlie.

When Charlie and the resets are finished, Paul is called up next. Just before making the final turn that would lead him back out of the maze, a crash and a tinkling of shattered glass disqualifies him.

Nikki and Kate take their turns next.

“Just you and me, then, eh, Miss America?” Sawyer asks Jen. She looks over at him and rolls her eyes at the nickname. “You know, darlin’, we are on the same team...”

“And?” Jen asks, staring at him.

“And maybe we should act like it,” Sawyer spits.

“So what do you want me to do?” Jen asks, “huh? Like... ‘oh, Sawyer, you can do it! Go Team, go!’ or something?” she finishes, mockingly.

Sawyer grins and quirks his eyebrows. “I suppose that’ll do...if you’re not offering the Charlie treatment for all of us, that is,” he replies coolly.

Jen’s eyes go wide, but before she can say anything in response, Sawyer is being beckoned over the loudspeaker and he leaves her there, alone, slack-jawed.

“Son of a bitch!” Sawyer’s voice echoes loudly out of the maze just a few turns in as he takes a turn too sharply and hits the corner of the turn, breaking the mirror into jagged shreds of reflective glass.

“Oh no...” Claire whispers from her seat on the edge of the couch cushion. Jen needs to do pretty well for their team to win, and if Jen gets disqualified, they’re sure to lose.

Jen makes her way to the game and gauges the faces of her other teammates. Marcus approaches her and drops his hands onto her shoulders. When she turns to face him, he leans close and lowers his voice a little. “You have to finish,” he tells her, “because we’re tied for disqualifications right now and if you don’t finish, we’ll definitely lose, Mon Amie.”

Nodding and drooping her head slightly, Jen blinks quickly, taking it in. So, then, their success or failure is squarely on her shoulders.

“Fantastic,” Jen replies dryly. “Tell me what to do, Mon Frere,” she says, looking him in the eye again.

Marcus takes his hands off her shoulders and steps back, bringing his voice back to normal volume. “Just listen to what I say,” he says, “that’s all.”

“That’s all, huh?” she asks, raising an eyebrow.

Grinning, Marcus nods. “Would I lie to you?”

Jen laughs a little. “God, I hope not...” she jokes nervously.

“Now, if you’ll all please join Claire in the Community Room, I will broadcast everyone’s individual score, and reveal the team scores,” Ben says after Jen has raised her flag and made her way around the outside of the maze to join her team.

As Charlie drapes an arm around Jen’s shoulders and grins, telling her that she surely did well, Jen catches Sawyer’s eye as he walks past her, Aislynn at his side. He winks at her and she looks away, ducking out of Charlie’s reach and walking a little faster to join Marcus and Warren for their trek back to the Community Room.

“I did awful,” Steph says to Colin, “I know I did...I’m gonna lose it for us, I know it...”

Colin shakes his head. He doesn’t want to think about it. He was there for every driver and it seemed to him like Steph had taken the longest. Although, he had to admit, it seemed like, with the exceptions of Kate and Nikki, everyone had finished around the same amount of time, or at least close to it.

“You were fine,” Jack insists, overhearing. He smiles genuinely at her. “Really. Especially for not knowing how to drive,” he adds proudly. “Don’t worry.”

“I guess...” Steph replies uncomfortably.

“We’ll find out soon enough,” Jack replies as the group makes their way slowly down the path toward the Community Room to await their fate.

A/N: Obviously, because there are no scores listed yet, and I haven't revealed who won, there will be no vote, yet. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to AT LEAST find someone that would be interested in playing Ben (ie--collecting our votes so that I can play the game, too, instead of just writing it) Once I have a Ben, I don't think it'll be too huge an issue to ask some of my FANTASTIC volunteers to take on additional RP roles of the Losties until someone else claims them. The person who plays Ben needs to be someone that's online OFTEN, but that person doesn't even need to read the fic at all...they just need to collect our votes and then send me the results (NOT the individual votes, mind, JUST the results so I will no longer be privvy to who voted for whom). So...that said, spread the word--because I don't plan on putting up the results until I have, at least, a Ben.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... you couldn't just have the votes sent in and make sure everyoneputs in the PM title VOTE and not read it or something? Eh, that is the stupidest thing I've ever said I think.

Gah, the A-maze-ing Race? Corny name I'm just glad I idn't have to drive around in mirrors.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
So... you couldn't just have the votes sent in and make sure everyoneputs in the PM title VOTE and not read it or something? Eh, that is the stupidest thing I've ever said I think.

Uh, if I don't read them, then what's the point of having them? I mean, I suppose if it REALLY comes down to it, I could ask one of my real life friends to create an LVI account just for this occasion, but I'm HOPING it doesn't. I'll give it a few days and then ask around.

Quote:
Gah, the A-maze-ing Race? Corny name I'm just glad I idn't have to drive around in mirrors.

God, Colin, don't you ever watch reality TV? They always have stupid names for their missions/games/challenges. duuuh.

Lucky you for not having to give it a go
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the best PM of all time this morning. We have a Ben! I will write up the results episode this afternoon at work but I'll hang onto them a couple more days to see if I can get the last four roles filled.

Just wanted to give you all an update
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 8 of 34

Jump to: