Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why I'm not a Skater (by request... *cough*Aislynn*cough*)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can agree with some of the points made here. There isn't much tension, Sawyer basically left it "open door" for Kate to come get some any time she liked didn't he? Couldn't blame him for that, we've all seen Kate

I think the relationship, well developing one between Kate and Jack has more tension and attraction written into it. There's just more 'real' feeling there I think. They're the kind of relationship that'd be a couple. How could Skate really work? He can't be trusted at all really lol. I think he cares, but how much? Hard to say really.

But don't think I hate Skate, it gave an excuse to peel Evie's top off And even though I'm a Jater, I just finished a Skate video which will hopefully be up in the next couple of days so can't dig your knives in....too deep...

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noj wrote:
I think the relationship, well developing one between Kate and Jack has more tension and attraction written into it. There's just more 'real' feeling there I think. They're the kind of relationship that'd be a couple. How could Skate really work? He can't be trusted at all really lol. I think he cares, but how much? Hard to say really.

True. I think Sawyer genuinly cares for Kate though. I just don't know if she will KEEP caring for him (especially after THAT finale) the way he will care for her.

Looking forward to your Skate vid!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why I didn't see this thread had gotten some more responses.

Re: The Skate love scene. It was very pretty, but the snuggling sesh afterward was TOO much. Even if sawyer does love her, he would never say it. Not in that way. Not unless he thought he'd never see her again. Not the Sawyer that we know now. Maybe if he goes through some kind of real character arch, but not until then.

I was reminded of Trinity in The Matrix - a movie which I vehemently dislike almost SOLEY for its completely unrealistic love story. The end of the movie, "Neo I love you!" WTF? You love him? AND HOW? Come on! That's kind of how I felt about Sawyer's proclamation. Whatevs.

I've noticed something about the Jack/Kate/Sawyer storyline ever since "What Kate Did." (And possibly even as far back as "...And Found") From that episode on, they began treating Sawyer/Kate like the canon ship and the Jack/Kate relationship like the "dirty little secret." I saw the Sawyer/Kate relationship take a VERY "Charlie/Claire" type turn. Cute little PDAs that weren't explicitly romantic, yet VERY coupley and truthfully, not a whole lot of substance behind them. And Kate's off kissing Jack in the jungle and running away with a guilty look on her face. Jack kind of put in the "odd man out" position - forced to hide his feelings for her. They are giving Jack and Kate all of the angst. Just an observation.
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to whore myself around, my Skate video "Lowdown and Dirty" is now up

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about chemistry is both people have to be "giving it" out; Jack is so reserved and so scared of being hurt and just too cerebral that he wasnt really. I will give him this- the times his emotions DID peak through, it was great. Its just few and far between...a girl gets lonely, you know?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Yeah. Thats when I start to get mad at Jack. When hehas the perfect opprtunity to tell her and he don't. But I am a Jangster so I don't mind. I preffer angst to fluff.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been hurt before so he doesn't want to let his guard down, I know exactly how he feels. Jack has a reason

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO @ Jangster

I don't know, Kate's never been very forthcoming with either her feelings or her intentions for that matter. I think they're both to blame there.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, she kissed him...make moon eyes at him, etc. Body language means a lot.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gives ruth an icecream cone*

I love you!
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww lol.

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with KC on SKATE and Aislynn on JATE.

Based on where Lost is at narrative-wise, I really don't think any good ships can exist.
I'm not saying they never could or should happen. But at this point they just feel like ratings grabs to me.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to stay out of the "How unrealistic is Skate???" debate whenever I come across it because: (list time! )

1. I see it totally the other way. All of the things that Jaters see as "out of character" for Sawyer or Kate look like two characters with unbelievable chemistry finding their way towards each other to me. I mean, come on, you guys can admit that if you swapped Jack for Sawyer in all of those scenes, then it would suddenly be the natural progression of the Jate romance, right?

2. I'm sick with the flu, my computer nearly caught on fire this week and... I'm so sick with the flu I'd have to feel better to die. That's a big reason right there. Hearing people dis my ship, no matter how nicely they're doing it, just makes me feel more miserable right now. When I feel better, I don't mind a friendly debate. While I'm about to sneeze/cough/suffocate/wheeze/bone-aching chill/fever myself into oblivion... just not that much fun.

3. *sneezes some more* Oh man, I hope I didn't get that on anybody's monitor. So sorry.

However, I decided to post here because of this:

Enchirito wrote:
I'm with KC on SKATE and Aislynn on JATE.

Based on where Lost is at narrative-wise, I really don't think any good ships can exist.
I'm not saying they never could or should happen. But at this point they just feel like ratings grabs to me.

I just read your post in the ep discussion thread, E, and I've been trying to get my mind around how pro-Jate it sounded.

"E, shipping Jate? E is a Jater? Enchi-freakin'-rito is shipping ANYBODY???" *passes out -- although maybe that's just from the fever*

Anyway, my world has settled back down to near-normal again just to hear you return to Ship Neutral.

This post probably makes less sense than mine normally do. My apologies.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchi-frickin-rito!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Aislynn I kinda dissed your ship, but did make a video about it as well that bigged it up

Hope your flu clears off soon, thats rough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: