Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Juliet to Shoot Jack?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Juliet to Shoot Jack? Reply with quote

Quote:
My aunt is visiting her in-laws in Hawaii. She was riding in a bus that goes all around Oahu and heard a young man say he was on catering duty when Matt Fox was shot by Elizabeth Mitchell. Square in the chest. He said the whole set was absolutely grim. I hope this is not true, but I have been hearing Matt does want to leave.

This has been circuling the net recently. It is so CLEARLY bull. But some people actually believe it. There are other spoilers going around saying Juliet will shoot someone, but I think that thats Picket. Or Ben.

Whatcha think?

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read "My Aunt.."
Then almost stopped reading.

It'll be total crap.

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to remind everyone that all of thespoilers regarding deaths have usually come to pass. Boone, Shannon, et. al.

Not saying its nota foiler or just someonetrying to soundcool. My aunt knows! LOL. But I wouldn't brush it off. Does Matt Fox really want to leave? That's weird I haven't heard that.

Anyway, yeah. If this is true I'll be very upset. Jack's storylineis really the ONLY reasonI'm going tostick aroundafter the hiatus.

By the way, my spacebar is acting up so ifmywords are strung together that's why. I hope you canread it I'mjust tired of goingback and hitting the spacebar a million times just to get onespace in there. Annoying.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL KC I was beginning to wonder. Yeah, I haven't heard ANYTHING about Foxy wanting to leave. In fact, in one of my OK! Magazines (yes i'm shallow) it said they had paid him an extra 250,00 US Dollars to sign on for the whole of S3. But then again, Eko (Can't even begin to spell his name so i'll just call him by his character) signed on for S3 too and look where that got him...

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
laoe23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man even tho its probably false, it makes me nervous!!
i heard that juliet was gonna shoot someone, but i assumed it would be an other.
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be false. It's like a "a friend of a friend said..." you know. Ultimately, Lost is dead without Matthew Fox. Foxy is the main character, and to die any time soon will crush the show instantly.

If it were true, goodbye Lost, I'm done, but I highly doubt it. Sure they didn't hear it wrong and Jack just shot Juliet square in the chest? *prays to the Lost gods that that actually does happen*

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Im sorry, but LOST is the only reason Foxy is back in the spotlight- I remember YEARS ago when Party of Five was on (hangs head in shame, yes I watched it for a few seasons) and everyone was aflutter about Scott Wolf and Matthew Fox (I remember them being in a parody of it on MADTV) and then he even dropped off the radar until LOST. I have a photographic memory when it comes to people, and I didnt recognize him at all in the Pilot. It would be a dumb move, hes kind of like the "straw that stirs the drink" to use Kramer's words.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hope this is not true, but I have been hearing Matt does want to leave.

i hope its not true eather, I HOPE HE DOESNT LEAVE!!! lol

Quote:
It would be a dumb move, hes kind of like the "straw that stirs the drink" to use Kramer's words.

agreed

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And anyways who would be the "leader"? Not everyone is a natural "leader". Some do okay on their own, but couldnt really "think" for a whole group of people. They killed off Ana, Locke is too much of a wildcard and not very democratic, Sawyer has a lot of social "standing", and although hes AN "alpha male" hes not THE "alpha male"...Jin, well, not everyone can understand him- and he has an anger management issue, Michael would be my guess (before he blew 2 people away and sold out his friends that is), I guess Sayid would be good. As for women- Sun is too passive, I dont think Kate would want to be in charge, Claire, eh I just dont see it. Theres not that many women left, lol. So I say Sayid, if Jack were to "leave"- its just so stupid!!!!

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something I found over at Losttv-forum.com

Quote:
Matthew Fox is going to be killed off Lost.

If you've been anywhere near a Lost fansite this week, chances are you've heard this rumor and have initially dismissed it, thinking, "Pshaw! He's the freaking lead of the show! They can't kill off Matthew Fox!"

But with this seemingly ludicrous rumor persisting, even the most disbelieving fan can't help but wonder, Wait a minute...could it actually be true?

Of course, at this point, only a handful of people know for sure if it's true that Jack Shepard will be meeting his maker when the show returns in February—including, of course, Lost's maker, Damon Lindelof. So, since I've never been one for patience, I went to the loveable genius of a producer himself to get the word on these Jack-out (I nearly typed something else) rumors.

And, tubers, I hope you're sitting down. 'Cause here's what Lindelof tells me exclusively:

"This is the most insane rumor regarding Lost to date. The fact that you think we might do it is incredibly flattering."

Now, if you're like me, your heart leaped, then sank, upon hearing these words. While it might seem a denial at first—oh, dear friends, how it is not. To the contrary, Lindelof finds the idea that they'd be brave enough to kill off our fearless, Other-defying leader (gasp!) flattering.

All I can say is: Run, Jack, run for your liiife!

Don't forget this is the same man who told us it was "absolutely not true" that Michelle Rodriguez would be killed off for bad behavior. She was killed off, but not for bad behavior. Tricky, tricky.

Meanwhile, along with Lindelof's statement, there are a few factual snippets that could point to a Foxy demise:

* Spoiler alert! We know Juliet shoots someone on the beach in an upcoming episode—and it is supposedly a huge plot point. Eeek!
* We know Matthew Fox stars in a new movie called We Are Marshall, (sadly, not an Alias spinoff) which is already starting to get a few whispers here and there of the big O word. (Not Oprah. The awards one. Word is his performance is that good.) So, it stands to reason that Foxy could want to move on to a big, fancy film career.
* We know that in the primary genesis of Lost, the initial plan was to kill off Jack by the end of the first episode. Of course, that was when a guest star like Michael Keaton would be playing him, but still, the idea was to prove to viewers that this is a show where anything can happen—a statement that could certainly give the show new life/buzz/ratings in its third season.

And, well, jeez. That said, I can't believe I'm about to utter these words, but it might actually not be all that bad...

Am I being crazy? I am, aren't I?

Let me know what you think by commenting below!

Some people got an attitude about it, so here was my post about it:

Quote:
This is a show...not a reality show, a science fiction/mystery type show. Anything can happen on this island. I do hope that the writers care more about developing their story than the stupid ratings. While yes, ratings can make or break a show, I would rather see the story evolve than worry about the ratings.

I'm not foolish for believing this rumor. If they want to kill off Jack, they WILL kill off Jack. The characters already gone were developed in their own set time. For characters like Ana Lucia and Libby, they were short....Shannon and Boone a bit longer, and Eko hung around a while more. I don't think that building a character over two seasons has anything to do with it. A person's story has a beginning, middle, and end. If the end is near for Jack's story, then YES, he just might be killed off. Is that really so hard to believe?

Yes, if that were to happen, the show would lose some viewers, but good riddance because if they are only going to stop watching because one of their favorite characters died, then they were more of a fan of the character/actor, then they were of the show at large. No offense, but that's my whole take on this. I love Sawyer and Claire, they are my two favorite characters. If one of them were to be killed off would I stop watching? Hell no. I like the SHOW and the stories placed into it....I don't watch only to see my favorite characters. Get what I'm trying to point out?

I do agree that it would be more likely for Juliet to shoot Ben. They don't have the best type of partnership and if/when discovers what Jack did, he can understandably become so ticked that he may try to kill Jack, do something to Jack, who knows, leading to a big ol' fight and ultimately, Juliet pulls the gun and shoots.

Try not to be close-minded about this. In this show...ANYTHING is possible. Keep an open mind about it, and be ready for anything.

I mean look at it this way. The writers and show are NOT going to please everybody. However, they are not going to make a poll and say "Who should die next time?" for us to give our valued opinions and tell them what to do. That would be the most ridiculous thing they could do. If someone has to die, there must be a reason. Part of it is simply 'their story is over' I kinda do see Jack headed that way. Ana Lucia dealt with her demons, Eko dealt with his, and both died shortly. Jack is beginning to face the skellies in his closet and you never know, he may come to terms with what he's done in his life, and then poof! He's gone.
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say locke and sayid would be the next leaders if jack went. Locke and sayid wold like share it though, i think together they would make a good team. thats kind of whats happening now (with jack, sawyer and kate captured). locke knows more how to survive the outdoors and lead people that way, and sayid knows more to leade people to what they need in the other way (military training...).
though, lost would deffinitly loose many many supporters (in my oppinion), though even though i dont want matt to go, i think ide still watch it.

sawyer (i dont think) would deffinitly not be the leader, too many people dont like him....

Quote:
Jin, well, not everyone can understand him- and he has an anger management issue, Michael would be my guess (before he blew 2 people away and sold out his friends that is),

lol, only one person- sun- can understand him for sure.
and michael is gone... michael would probably be a big influence (if he were here) but not like the main leader.

thats what i think anyway

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Locke vs. Sayid. Sayid would win. Locke is a little too nuts sometime for Sayid's liking. He calls him on his shit all the time. Sayid WINS. Hands down.

Even though I think Sayid beats Locke in the leadership department. (Unless they're leading a wild-goose-chase, then locke wins) Sayid is so laid back. He's just like "and I care because.... ?" sometimes. That's part of what I love about him. But a leader would probably care. LOL.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that KC!

leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do agree with that too,lol, wild goose chase

laoe23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion, Sayid would be the next best leader
but that may not happen, beecause locke seems to be leading the herd on his hunt to find jack, kate, and sawyer.

i think sayids better because Locke may have a way of making people trust in him,
but i don't think the survivor's faith in him will last,
because look at Boone and Charlie, they both looked up to Locke,
but now boone's dead, and charlie hates locke.
long term, i think sayid's the way to go

im worried about jack!!!!!
they won't kill him because they just introduced juliet, his possible new love interest. kate may have slept with sawyer, but doesn't mean the love triangle mystery is solved, he has an episode coming up thats not the first episode. reasons why they'll kill him, they may have introduced juliet just so she can kill jack, he was making a pretty risky move at the end of the last episode, and characters almost always die on their episodes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: