Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back To The Start - Alone Inside Me Prequal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Back To The Start - Alone Inside Me Prequal Reply with quote

Another Rose -Back To The Start chapter 1

As Alone Inside Me is taking a hiatus I decided you guys might want to find more about Ali, Jacks Girlfriend. This is her past and will tell you about her relationship about Jack (you don't read Jate stories to find out how great his life is with another woman, do you?) So here it is, enjoy
Alone Inside Me You can read in any order (In My Opinion)

The sound of coldplays sweet melodys flooded the room. She sat on the floor sorting through a pile of letters. Work lead her to the strangest places.
She loved her job, reporting for Good Morning America. Her latest mission was to find out about the missing plane. Oceanic flight 815 crashed just off Fiji but had still not been located. She wondered how you would feel to be told your loved ones had disappeared. But then, she didn’t have to image so hard.
It had been a few years since her husband had been killed. He had been messed up in something he wasn’t supposed to be involved in.She came home to be told he was dead. Killed in a womans desperate attempt for freedom. Since then work had been the only option.
Sighing she placed her photos in a box. Smiling faces seemed so bitter sweet. Unmarked by the pain of time, stuck in a moment forever.
Her life had no meaning. Her memories could be packed into two cardboard boxes. It saddened her to remember the other things. Lost like the smile she once had. Sorrow was all she knew, darkness filled her future. At least location reporting meant she couldn’t stay in one place for too long. It would surely drive her insane.
The sound of splitting glass broke the silence, she sighed and turned. It was her favourite, Greg was soaked but smiling. It was in Canada for their honeymoon. Blissfully happy newly weds. They say bliss is ignorant.
Her phone started to vibrate in her pocket,
“Hello, Allison Carr. What is your buissniess.”
“Miss Carr? About the Oceanic flight...”
”Evidence?”
“No, but we’ve possibly got important information. Hurry your packing. We have family of the deceased booked for interviews in ten.”
She put down her phone and returned to her packing, buissness as usual.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! A spin off!

Anyways, I feel sorry for Ali. Her life is almost as troubled as Jack's (before the crash) life is. No wonder they have a connection. And i'd like to see how you write the media's reaction to finding the island! The next chapter is going to be very intresting

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain On Monday– Back To The Start chapter 2

“So your daughter,”
“Ana-Lucia Cortez. I really need to know if you have anything.”
”No luck, but when did you last hear from her?”
“She phoned me from the airport, I heard the telly saying about the crash...I just..”
“I’m so very sorry.” Crying relative after crying relative, saying the same things. Nobody knew about them.
“Eddy? Can you send in Mr Shepards wife?”
“Ex, Ali. Make sure you remember that.” She sighed, more women wanting publicity. Crying over a man she won’t have seen in years.
“Hello? Miss Carr? I’m Sarah.”
“What can you tell us about your ex husband?”
“I always loved him. It was work that drove us apart, he always worked too hard. He killed our marrige.”
“And about the crash?”
Just above a whisper she heard
“I hope he’s dead.”
“Excuse me? Miss?”
“Oh nothing, I hope he’s not dead.” She could never say that of another person who may be in a life/death situation. Some people don’t feel.

After the interviews were over Ali grabbed her coat and headed to the nearest bar,
“Give me a vodka and lemon, sweetie.Make it a large,”
“Oh, tough day? Well I guess you guys are having a field day, all this maddness.”
“We’re not all like that.”
“Yeah?” She felt pain sting inside her. She knew how reporters could be, corrupt and cruel. She didn’t want to be thought of like that.
“What do you know? Stand here all day wanting the latest gossip? We give you that and you still complain!” She could feel the rage building up. Grabbing her bag she ran outside.
At that moment the rain started to pour.
“Damn, it always rains on Mondays.”
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found– Back To The Start chapter 3

After a few months on the Oceanic crash case, she was moved on. No wreakage was found and they were all presumed dead. They wanted the next hot thing. She really hated the way things were.
The night was early, it was a cloudless evening. On her way to a bar her cell rang,
“Ali? We’ve found them.” She could sense the excitment in his voice.
“Who? What? Calm down.”
“The survivors, flight 815.”
“One moment. Where?”
“They’re bringing them to the city in about half and hour. Be there.”
She ran and flagged down the nearest taxi, it was a miracle. 3 months with no wreakage then out of nowhere...
The dock was a sign of maddness. Families being reunited, and being disappointed. But one man stood out to her. He seemed strong and aware of his situation. She rushed straight over to him.
“Excuse me, I’m Ali Carr. Can you answer a few questions please?”
”Erm, sure.”
“Name?”
”Jack Shepard,”
“Okay Jack, Where were you guys?”
“Somewhere far from here. I don’t know, frickin mystery island.”
“Okay, calm down. How bout you come to the Hilton down Main Street. We can chat some more.”
As she turned to find some more survivors she saw a woman being dragged off in handcuffs. Her face seemed familliar. She didn’t know how. Then she remembered her card,
“Oh, Jack. My number.”
“Thanks. I’ll remember if I ever need to make a quick buck.” She sighed. She was just doing her job.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was so great! I could actually imagine the scene in my head! Well written Bec!

rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animal I’ve become – Back To The Start, chapter 4

There was a soft knock at her door. Turning over the slushy film, she ran to the door.
“Hey, erm oh! Hi”
“Hey, Ali? It’s Jack. Hope you don’t mind. When I got off the boat I was mad. I need to talk about the island. I need closure.”
So that was how it started. He told her how he was the “Hero” how he was captured by a band of others and how they were rescued. She listened although she swore not to print it.
After they’d finished chatting she bid him goodbye, telling him to return. He agreed. She really liked him, he was genuine. She wanted to keep her word, but he’d gave her a tempting story. She could say it was from another surivor... Dishonesty, she was never like that with Andy. He wouldn’t have allowed it. He married her because of her honesty. What had she become? She hated her reflection, hitting her glass against the mirror. It smashed and cut her hand. It bled, she thought of Jack. He was a Doctor. Maybe he could fix her...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was so good. Loved the last little bit about Jack fixing her. Very cool

rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words Unspoken – Back To The Start Chapter 5

Tossing and turning all night, Ali was still drunk with fatigue. It was half six in the morning and she wished she could sleep all day. But when work beckons there is nothing you can do.
“Come back to bed honey.”
”I can’t, oh no. Don’t tickle me!” Giggling, she was reluctently dragged back to the bedroom.
“Ali? This job of yours. It’s tearing a hole in this relationship. I never see you anymore. Early mornings, late nights. I want to go to bed with you and wake up with you near me.”
“Don’t...”
“But it’s true, I may as well be married to a woman in China!”
“You’re quick to forget when you want a new porshe or an Armani suit.”
“Ali, I don’t mean that. But I want children with you. I want to look after you. Your never home. I’m making dinner, be home for 7.”
She could feel the bitter disappointment in his voice. Turning towards the door, she grabbed her bag. She couldn’t talk to him like that.

Yawning she tied back her hair. Another day investigating Iraq or Afghanistan. Another day of regret. Of words unspoken. All it could have taken was “I love you,” Bittersweet regrets of things you can never change. Fate works in mysterious ways. Little did she know fate had already been set in motion...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: