Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x06 - I Do Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xgene
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, omg, soooo good despite it being a total shipper's episode Well, now we have clips of Jack truely seeing Kate and Sawyer "together"...let the shipping begin

I'm totally geeking out. I love dark, blackmailing Jack I was not expecting him to "save" Sawyer and Kate, it was quite big of him I thought, having seen that they slept together. Almost thought he really wanted off without anyone else Not to mention he was smart, considering Sawyer was doomed to die without the call (Jack saves Sawyer again, awww ) and fooling them all with the kidney slash. Interesting to see what happens to him if/when Kate and Sawyer are safe, can't exactly fight your way out with a scalpel I take it Jacket isn't going to happen for a while...

Despite the ever ongoing theme of Kate's "running away", her flashback wasn't a total loss.

A lot of nods to past Jate scenes, well, at least the "counting/first meeting" thus I don't think Jate is done... though Skate is totally owning

QUESTION: What did Pickett (real name?) say about Shepherd not being on Jacob's list? Are Ben and Alex an item

But wait, to ease the minds of all the Jaters: You can say "Kate has only drugged the men that she truely loves" Hey, it's reasonable.

I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgene wrote:
Are Ben and Alex an item

I still haven't seen the whole ep yet (me and my goofy hopping in and out way of watching! ) but I DID see that line and the first thing I wondered was...

Spoiler:

What if Ben is her father? Yes, I know Danielle said she killed him/he died (can't recall the details right now, sorry ) but there are surely many ways around that -- death isn't necessarily permanent on a TV show, you know... Anyway, he'd be the right age, if that's what they decide to pull. I can't think of many other reasons why Ben would care if she had asked about him. And I seriously doubt they'd put them together "that way" because they backed waaaay off of any hint of Claire/Locke and at least she's of legal adult age. Alex isn't!

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Spoiler:

What if Ben is her father? Yes, I know Danielle said she killed him/he died (can't recall the details right now, sorry ) but there are surely many ways around that -- death isn't necessarily permanent on a TV show, you know... Anyway, he'd be the right age, if that's what they decide to pull. I can't think of many other reasons why Ben would care if she had asked about him. And I seriously doubt they'd put them together "that way" because they backed waaaay off of any hint of Claire/Locke and at least she's of legal adult age. Alex isn't!

spoilering my own so as not to give Aislynn's away, even though mine is not ACTUALLY a spoiler:

but...

Spoiler:

...Ben was supposedly on the Island his whole life, he said, right? But Danielle made it to the Island accidentally on an expedition when she was an adult. So, is that possible?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
spoilering my own so as not to give Aislynn's away, even though mine is not ACTUALLY a spoiler:

but...

Spoiler:

...Ben was supposedly on the Island his whole life, he said, right? But Danielle made it to the Island accidentally on an expedition when she was an adult. So, is that possible?

Spoilering my answer to your spoiler that was spoiled because mine was in the first place so that somebody, somewhere isn't possibly spoiled by my wild guessing

Spoiler:

It's totally possible IF...

...somebody's lying about when they got to the Island or how long they've been there.

Eh, I never said it was a perfect theory... That was just the first thing that popped into my mind when he asked about her. The other (Other? ) possibility is that he "adopted" her after they took her from Danielle and has raised her like a father. Who is now clearly estranged from her.

"Dad? Do you have to be so EEEEEEVIL all the time? Do you HAVE to throw my boyfriends in the cage just because they didn't get me home by Island Curfew? I hate you! I'm going to my room!!!!!" *slams Hatch door, storms away to shoot at random people with a sling-shot*

ETA: You know, the more I think about it, the more I like that second theory... The way he asked about her, she's clearly somebody he was hoping would care about him. And Juliet didn't get a creeped out "Ew! Perv!" look when he asked her about Alex, so I think it's going to be something more along my spoiled lines. Or not. I have terrible luck guessing these things, lol!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just dawned on me that I said Juliet didn't get "a creeped out look," but I really meant a creeped out tone in her voice 'cause, of course, she's wearing a surgical mask so it's hard to see much of her "look."
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
It just dawned on me that I said Juliet didn't get "a creeped out look," but I really meant a creeped out tone in her voice 'cause, of course, she's wearing a surgical mask so it's hard to see much of her "look."

I'll take your second suggestion a lot easier than the first--that makes a lot of sense. Nice work, Det. Aislynn. *hands over fresh batch of Sawyer snacks, complete with removable clothing items and fish biscuit*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg. That episode was so freekin amazing. It was the BEST. Better than last weeks by like 1000 times. The scene with Jack and Kate was sweet, very angsty - which I love. The Skate scenes were... pretty sweet also. I SURRENDER! I liked them. Sawyers ''Well I love you too'' make me laugh abit And JACK!!! OMG. I love this guy. And I love Matthew Fox. He was the BEST thing in this episode IMO. And the ending... WOWOWOWOW. Thats the kinda cliffhanger I like. At least it shows that Kate does still care for Jack. In some way. Her shouting at Sawyer was great though. I loved it when she screamed ''Don't give up DAMIT'' or something like that. It made me a little teary. I loved that scene. Even though she was begging for Sawyers life, I dunno. Then Pickets words ''This is for Coleen. You son of a BITCH.'' They got me. I *think* I might like Skate a little now. Probably cos they played the saddest score they have on that show in the backround. BUT. Jate is my No#1 FAVOURITE. Don't you forget that

xgene wrote:
QUESTION: What did Pickett (real name?) say about Shepherd not being on Jacob's list?.

All Picket said was ''Ben just put his life into the hand of one of them, Shepard wasn't even on Jacobs list.'' But who is Jacob? Did I miss someting...?

xgene wrote:
Are Ben and Alex an item

LOL! That what I thought when I first heard it! But maybe she is like, his adoptive daughter or something.

xgene wrote:
But wait, to ease the minds of all the Jaters: You can say "Kate has only drugged the men that she truely loves" Hey, it's reasonable.

Ohhhh yeah. That is SO true

So yeah, like I said I loved the Jack scenes and the ending. Her screaming at Jack saying ''I can't leave without you, I CAN'T.'' That made me realise why i'm a Jater. Why can't she leave? Cos she luuuuurvs him. And Sawyer.

I'm such a cocky little Jater aren't I

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgene wrote:
QUESTION: What did Pickett (real name?) say about Shepherd not being on Jacob's list?.

All Picket said was ''Ben just put his life into the hand of one of them, Shepard wasn't even on Jacobs list.'' But who is Jacob? Did I miss someting...?[/quote]

Everyone check your rolodex for a Jacob.

xgene wrote:
Are Ben and Alex an item

LOL! That what I thought when I first heard it! But maybe she is like, his adoptive daughter or something.

[/quote]

I never gave it much thought, but I figured its because he wants everyone to "like him" ("I want you to WANT to do my surgery"), and the fact that shes pissed or something....i dont know...

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Bloomsgrl18
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my heart was broken last night! I can't believe KAte slept with Sawyer! but at least she didn't say she loved him. My heart was breaking for Jack. The cliffhanger wasn't that special. I hope Jack lets Ben die.

On a new note... The season fanalie (sp?) is on May 23rd. The day I have an overnight flight to England. I'm so upset that I'm going to have to wait two weeks to find out what happens!

I'm still wanting Jack to be with Kate, but I'm mad at Kate right now.

Love Lots *Caitlin*
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww please dont be mad! Besides, Jack had his chance, or should I say mucho chanco's.

IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloomsgrl18: She slept with Sawyer but she didn't wanna leave without Jack (infact she begged him 4 times ) So don't be too mad at her. Feel better now? Thats the way I would look at it if I was feeling like you, but I actually didn't mind the Skate scenes I watched (didn't watch the 'skex' scene, I put on the 'Jater Blindfold' Ais gave meh ). They were pretty sweet. Ending was the best one imo.

lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the ep was good, but i expected it to be great.
I like Jack more after this ep.

Do we have to wait like 8 weeks?

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
harpreetd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed this episode.. loved how they made us almost witness Sawyer's death. The episode was tremendouly tense for the last 10 minutes. Pretty much my favorite part was the ending. However, to tell you the truth I am left kind of disappointed... I expected soo much more. Now the reason I liked this episode had nothing to do with Kate, however, because I didn't like the flashbacks. The only thing I like about Kate is how she can care soo much for Jack and Sawyer at the same time.

But.. this is not the reason I liked this episode. The reason is .. Jack's character is "Skyrocketing". I loved Jack in this episode, pretty much he was the one who kept me on the edge. Jate scene was beautiful I thought, but then again didn't do much since she was thinking about Sawyer at the time. Jack is my favorite character, and in this season especially he is totally surprising me.

I loved it when Jack took control at the end in the surgery room. That was the best part of the episode.

Jack is not going to kill off Ben, he is going to save his life... because Ben is just too awesome to die. NOt having Ben would be an upset.

Mathew fox is simply brilliant.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harpreetd wrote:
The only thing I like about Kate is how she can care soo much for Jack and Sawyer at the same time.

Thats the part that I get annoyed at, but I can understand it nonetheless. They give her the things that she needs.

harpreetd wrote:
I loved it when Jack took control at the end in the surgery room. That was the best part of the episode.

Indeed it was. The way he fooled the Others and us. He had a plan all along, ever since he saw Kate and Sawyer canoodling. Pretty smart.

harpreetd wrote:
Jack is not going to kill off Ben, he is going to save his life... because Ben is just too awesome to die. NOt having Ben would be an upset.

Nah they wont kill him off. Kate will radio in and something major will happen like 5 mins later and they will get caught, and brought back to the captive-camp. We all know they would kill of Ben.

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Well, from what the people who watch the podcasts have been saying, CC and DL said we wont be on the little alcatraz anymore. I think a bunch of people escape with them, or our heroes on the other island actually have a successful "rescue".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: