Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May Contest Details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the May contest page to clear up how we want contest vids submitted for 4.0.

Anyone who has already submitted, don't worry about these new rules, your vids are fine.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude.

I was experimenting with Putfile and discovered that if I let it sit for about an hour, it will actually upload a video from me.

I don't have time to do it today, but gonna try tomorrow. Yayness! That's so awesome. It actually may work for me.

sig by niki blue
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicaFrom3 wrote:

Dude.

I was experimenting with Putfile and discovered that if I let it sit for about an hour, it will actually upload a video from me.

I don't have time to do it today, but gonna try tomorrow. Yayness! That's so awesome. It actually may work for me.

YAY! that's..... what? 5 entries now? >.<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy, LOVE that Simpsons vid! LOL Never would have thought of using the Simpsons myself, but it's really cool!

Is there a minimum time limit for this contest? Cause I'm still at....uuhhh....the very beginning of my entry, and I have the feeling it's gonna end up being very short. There's a very good chance this vid will never actually see the light of day. But that might be a good thing...
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we can make an extension since there ARE special circumstances
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lost in the Uncharted Territories" has been submitted!

sig by niki blue
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to just drop in my 2 cents ('cause I'm just like that, ya know? )... As that I only have "Lost" clips to work with and absolutely nothing else, needless to say I didn't even try to enter this month's contest. But I'm looking forward to seeing all of those that have!

Starchaser's "Sawyer The Boar Hunter" is beyond fabulous! I hope I've commented on this somewhere on some board at some time. If feels like I did, anyway... Sorry, this old gal can't seem to remember. But I absolutely loved this one and thought it was completely inspired! Great job!

MovieGuy, I've got your entry downloading now and am really looking forward to seeing it!

Uruviel, hope you get yours done in time! Would I be off-base by guessing it's a crossover with LotR??? *crosses finges* That would be so cool!

Chica, are you going to post your link so that we non-judgey types can see yours, too? I've been intrigued ever since you started talking about it...

Also, Chica, your story of PutFile and the Perils of Dial-up has me naturally quite terrified! I haven't tried uploading anything to it yet but I'm not really looking forward to the experience! Oh well, I'm not entirely sure that WMM is going to let me make another vid anyway, so it may be a moot point! But just wanted to let you know that I share your mind-numbingly slow dial-up pain.

Not that I ever complain about it or anything... (Did half of LVI just pass out? )

Have I missed anybody else's entry? With the download going I can't easily turn through the pages so hope that I haven't accidentally excluded somebody. If I did, please forgive. And blame the dial-up!

It likes it when I blame it for everything that's wrong with the computer. Of course, we have a fairly twisted love/hate relationship most days...

~Aislynn
Starchaser
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Starchaser's "Sawyer The Boar Hunter" is beyond fabulous! I hope I've commented on this somewhere on some board at some time. If feels like I did, anyway... Sorry, this old gal can't seem to remember. But I absolutely loved this one and thought it was completely inspired! Great job!
Yep, Aislynn you've commented on it before - in this thread actually, lol. But it never hurts to hear it twice. Thanks! Oh, and thanks to Holly too!

MovieGuy - could you post a YSI link, pretty please...??? I'd love to see your vid, but I can't even seem to open the vid page without my computer freezing up...
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, Starchaser!

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KS0Q9JH3TSC51BUE8V7WIPM8X
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Chica, are you going to post your link so that we non-judgey types can see yours, too? I've been intrigued ever since you started talking about it...

If I can track down the link again, yes, I will. Hunting now...

sig by niki blue
Starchaser
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link MovieGuy! LMAO @ Homer checking out Kate and Charlie's hallucinations - "diddly, dooddley, dooo", LOL. Great job!

ChicaFrom3, hope you find that link, I'd love to see yours too!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Uruviel, hope you get yours done in time! Would I be off-base by guessing it's a crossover with LotR??? *crosses finges* That would be so cool!

LOL, yep Aislynn, you're absolutely right, it's an LOTR crossover! I finished it but I'm still deciding whether to enter it or not (or even post it on my site). It makes absolutely no sense at all, it's kind of a "random-clip" type vid. The title is "The Fellowship of Sawyer & Freckles" (Freckles aka Eowyn), lol.
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the right link...if not, let me know. http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=LVI_ChicaFrom3

sig by niki blue
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I gotta question (and yeah I know I'm running really really short on time) for a mod about the contest if one of yall's will pm me back!

(kinda don't wanna post it here)
B
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel wrote:
It makes absolutely no sense at all, it's kind of a "random-clip" type vid. The title is "The Fellowship of Sawyer & Freckles" (Freckles aka Eowyn), lol.

Oh, you've gotta post it some place! Sawyer & Eowyn! How great is THAT?!? Besides, you've already done the work, right? So might as well share with the rest of us! Pretty please???

Thanks, Chica for the link! I've got it downloading now!

MovieGuy, I'm STILL laughing at Homer checking Kate out! And the whole Charlie killing Steve/Scott thing... LOL! Great job!

Starchaser, clearly the mind really IS the first one to go... Well, at least I didn't forget to tell you how much I enjoyed Sawyer the Boar Hunter! Sometimes I'll realize that I never went back and reviewed a vid like I said I was going to. That always makes me feel SO bad! I'm always worried that people will think I didn't like it when all it really means is that I'm not very good at multi-tasking anymore!

~Uh... Who am I again?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: