Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Total Eclipse" by Holly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
addboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it again!! I gotta say again! Amazing, I got chills watching it!!!!!
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks heaps Ria, KajaM, IntoTheVoid and and thanks again addboy. I'm happy you all enjoyed it.

KajaM, I started this vid about a month ago, I had just over a minute done when I decided to put it on hold until after the finale due to I was running out of clips to use. lol. Then I finished it two nights after the finale aired.
Oh and I'm glad you watched and liked it. I know you're not a C/C fan so it makes me all the more happier that you took the time to watch it anyway and comment. Means alot to me.

Thanks again everyone.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really good! I loved it! What programne do you use?
Manon
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda never watch C/C videos but Holly, you make such awesome videos! I've watched this one like 10 times! (and as I never watch C/C videos, that is much ) Great job!! I liked the music you chose and the fast clips and of course the punch in Charlie's face, it matched very well with the music Continue making videos Holly, I love them!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catty - Thanks! Happy you enjoyed it. I use Sony Vegas 6 to make my vids.

Manon - Thanks ever so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I always love to hear from the PB&Jers but I really, really, REALLY appreciate it when I get feedback from non-C/Cers. It means the world to me that you'd watch it anyway and leave a comment or two.
I'm happy you liked it (especially the punch in Charlies face part ~ LMAO).

Thanks again!
I'll diffinitely be making some more soon. Well . . . as long as I don't get vidders block again I will be.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!! vid...I have lost count how many time I have watched it...put it on a cd and it's just freaking WOW!!!

I love the part where Charlie gets slapped by Claire and it cuts to the clip of Charlie watching in jealousy at Locke and Claire...with the combination of the beat of the music ...it just ROCKED!!!

Oh and "dream of something wild..." part OMG!!!

When I'm at work I'm thinking about this vid ...all I want to do is watch it...it's an addiction...make it stop...no don't ...yes...no....

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheree wrote:
When I'm at work I'm thinking about this vid ...all I want to do is watch it...it's an addiction...make it stop...no don't ...yes...no....

I feel the same way. I'm totally addicted to Total Eclipse! *goes watch again* I think I watched that thing about 30 times so far. *sigh*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Well I'm awfully glad you're both enjoying it so much.
btw - Thanks Sheree for the cool feedback. I'm happy you liked it.
Sheree wrote:

lol Don't worry, I do that too when I've got a good vid stuck on the brain.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great video Holly!

Opening: The opening was so perfect. The way you had him playing the piano and the scene of Charlie and Claire walking over the back of the piano. I really liked the two types of text you used too.

7-15-I loved how you had Claire’s face in close-up and put different scenes in the background in time to the music. That was so cinematic. It was like Claire was thinking back over their relationship.

Oh and I love how at 0:14 her face jumped closer. That was so perfect.

16 and 23-Turn around lyric match here and throughout the video was great. Don't know how you found all those great scenes.

34-37 You are so great at using effects to make the move 200% more enjoyable. You never add an effect just to add one but your effect always deepen what you are saying in the scene. This part might have been my favorite. How you put in the great scenes like the PB&J and the way it started with Charlie’s close-up face and then ended with the same scene.

38-39-Wow! The way you went from the long shot of Claire to the close-up of her face was so well done. I don’t even know how you did that so smoothly. And then how you showed she was thinking back.

43-44-Okay WOW! again. The way you transitioned from Claire’s face to Charlie’s face and then did the zoom in with a flash.

56-Loved the way you matched the slap to the beat.

58-59-Great transition from Charlie in the background to Charlie closer.

101-3-Loved the way you showed how Charlie was dreaming of Claire. Don’t know what effects you used there but they fit perfectly.

111-Helpless in your arms lyric match was so sweet.

115-121-Great coverage of Claire learning of the drugs and then leaving.

126-Great use of motion with the Ethan/Claire scene. Liked how you put the scenes of her during the time she was kidnapped right after that.

136-Great beat matching here with the effects

139-40-great intercutting with the Rose/Charlie scenes and the Claire scene.

143-44-Need you more than ever how you made it look like Charlie saw Claire coming up the beach.

147-148-Awwwwww…..perfect!

151-153-loved this part too. Claire’s hand brushing his face and then through all those great fast scenes to the beat of the music.

159-awww the handholding. I had forgotten about that scene.

214-Great effect! Whatever it was.

214-218-Amazing-everything you do is so well timed and thought out. Loved how you came back to the handholding.

225-240-Falling in love and apart lyrics-That was a great idea to have the C/C scene from the final episode intercut with all those scenes of them in love and then apart and then back to the scene for the kiss!!

245-end-What a great way to end it. I thought you would end with the kiss but this last section added so much more to what you were saying with the video. And the way you ended with the piano in the water was the perfect way to end the perfect movie.

This is probably the best vid I’ve ever seen. It was so professionally done in every way. No scene was too short or too long and everything fit perfectly. But what made it great beyond other vids was how each scene flowed into the next and the way you used things like intercutting to tell a story that couldn’t be told just with straight edited scenes. Then to top it off you had those effects that really worked to improve each scene they were in. This seems like a TV promo for the C/C relationship. I don’t think even a professional editor could do a better promo for them.

I’m not a C/C shipper but this vid made me into one. Thanks for making it.

Keith
TheLostStallion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well put together vid!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearcat - Dammit Keith, you really do know how to leave feedback, don't you? LOL.
Thank you SO much for the very awesomely detailed feedback, I'm happy you liked it even though you're not a CC shipper (yet anyway ). I'm always in shock after I read your comments. How in the hell do you write that much and not get cramped up hands? lol.
You know I really do appreciate them all though right? I truely do.
Thanks again Keith!!!! *hugz*

btw - I'm still waiting for your Lost one. No pressure or anything.

LostStallion - Why thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly, I have always been a big admirer of yours. You did another awesome job with this video. I loved all the effects you used.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a billion Jane! *glomps*
Glad you liked it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH WOW!!!! Holly, that was AMAZING!!!!!! I can't believe I hadn't seen it before...
Seriously, I think it's one of the best C/C videos I've ever seen! Not only because of all the editing elements (effects, transitions, etc) but also because of 2 things:
1. you've managed to give a whole new twist to a kind of overrated song and make it entirely your own!
And
2. you've made this angsty, sort of dramatic vid that goes against every single one of the 'oh-so-common-and-predictable' C/C fluffy/cutsie vids out there!

And for that... I give you mad props! KUDOS!!!
Incredible job!

(by the way, did you happen to have a permanent website link for this one?! Hosted on a site or something... I'd like to rec it on this Vid Recs site I know!)
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT WAS AMAZING! You must have spent hours on that. It certainly looks that way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: