Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x05 - The Cost of Living Episode Description
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go Di.

Hey guys still:

Why didnt the "others" just ask for help?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd better make the next ep SUPER Awesome.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
harpreetd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Are you guys done yet?

For LOST fans that I believe you are, you sure have little faith in the show.
As for me and probably a handful of others, we are going to continue to enjoy the show and love it. Cuz this episode was awesome.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but what-the-fuck-ever dude! Just because I'm a fan of the show doesn't mean I can't have a contrasting opinion about it. I am SICK AND TIRED OF THAT LINE OF BULLSHIT. Get off it. I am free to complain all the do-da-fucking-day!

Thank you and GOODNIGHT!
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO SuperKC! Too right. I haven't seen the episode yet so I can't really say much, but from what i've heard, the 'shock death' wasn't too good and we WILL believe our eyes. Downloading is taking its effing time though...

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I'm sorry but what-the-fuck-ever dude! Just because I'm a fan of the show doesn't mean I can't have a contrasting opinion about it. I am SICK AND TIRED OF THAT LINE OF BULLSHIT. Get off it. I am free to complain all the do-da-fucking-day!

Thank you and GOODNIGHT!

I hear ya there KC. This is a forum for a discussion of the episodes, not a rant on "IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!" (not that theres anything wrong with that). Those of us who disagree with similiar opinions dont jump all over anyone who liked it! Good for you! Im jealous- I wish I had enjoyed it as much. At least these complaints are founded on something.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmIRight? Haha.
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what was the problem with the episode? I didn't see anything.

I'm one of the ones who is amused at being left high and dry, who doesn't really care if she gets all the answers or not, I watch the show for the enjoyment. Don't worry, not starting an argument or anything...did it just not satisfy?

About Eko's death. It was to be expected.

1) As cruddy as it is to say this, everytime an actor is arrested, their character seems to get killed off.....yeesh..that should be an omen to the rest of the cast. DON'T GET ARRESTED...and the female characters? NO PREMARITAL SEX WITH HAWT GUYS. "Never mistake coincidence for fate" Eko is the third character to be killed off not too long after an arrest, whether the charges were dropped or not. Yes, neither Boone or Shannon were arrested (that I know of), but it's still spooky to see three characters, who's actors have been arrested, bite the dust right in a row (except for Colleen).

2) I liked Eko, but I didn't feel that there was much to his story. His brother was killed and the plane he was in crash-landed on the same island, and Eko wanted a life of priesthood and good-doing to redeem himself. It was kinda like what one of the writers said about Ana-Lucia, "Her story had a beginning, a middle, and an end" and I think that Eko's story was similar. I know I know, we still don't know much about Libby, but I heard we might in another flashback or something, I dunno.

3) I will admit, I'm starting to get a little peeved at the 'let's kill of the Tailies!' attitude...can we just kill off another Lostie or something? We started out with Cindy, Ana-Lucia, Libby, Bernard, and Eko, and now we are down to just Bernard, with Cindy being out in who knows where...Come on already, kill of a regular Lostie, quit hatin' on the tailies TPTB!

I thought it was a good episode personally. I'm not gonna try to berate anyone else's opinion, because it's their opinion, but in my own, I don't think the show sucks. The show is still as good as ever, and it's in a much better swing than it was in the second season. And that promo for the next one........................................................HOLY SNAP! *prays Sawyer isn't killed, but grins at the fact that he will be shirtless*
Noj
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH FOR F*CKS SAKE!

"Their legal problems had nothing to do with them dying"
Yeah bullsh!t.

My opinion of the production team has just dropped significantly. Why do I even bother watching?
So if say....Matthex Fox gets arrested for littering, are they gonna kill Jack?

I would say the rest of the ep was pretty good apart from Fag & Tramp who suddenly think they're so important. But that just ruined everything. Be lucky if I bother to keep watching before long.
They better start doing something right or nobody will ever take the show seriously. They'll just see it as dictated by the lawyers, and who wants to watch that?

Tear The World Apart - Just To See If You're Right
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okaaaay its time for MY take on the episode

I'd give it a 5/10. I didn't like the death of Eko. I didn't think he should have gotten kiled off actually. Usually most characters seem to come to terms with something that has happened in their past and forgive someone or whatever and THEN they get killed off, but Eko didn't even say sorry and he still died. And whats with the ''You speak to me as if I were your brother'' part? WTF!!! They didn't even give us a hint as to what that meant.

I think the Jack and Juliet scenes were the best of the episode. The cheeseburger convo was just so damn cool! This is coming from a Jater! I think i'm actually turning Jacket now. Its offical. Im a Jacket Jater!

The bit where they saw the guy on the TV was cool i guess

So just those two bits were my favs. Glad there was no Sawyer and Kate this week cos i'm really getting sick and tired of the writers trying to shove Skate down my soddin mouth.

Next weeks better be awesome cos this was a bit of a let down. Some cool scenes though, just not enough.

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Im inerred to it at this point.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I would be totally remiss if I didn't mention one Very Important Observation I made last night...

When Ben came in to visit Jack while he was doing his chin-ups (I did pause to admire the arm muscles, I will admit... ), I thought Ben was wearing...

...a bathrobe. And he'd brought one for Jack.

I've seen one too many slash vids, I swear...
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
When Ben came in to visit Jack while he was doing his chin-ups (I did pause to admire the arm muscles, I will admit... ), I thought Ben was wearing...

...a bathrobe. And he'd brought one for Jack.

I've seen one too many slash vids, I swear...

I will never be able to look at that scene the same way ever again.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have anything else to add to what you guys have said, because I completely and totally agree with almost everything that has been stated. I still love the show, and it will forever intrigue me immensely. I don't hate the writers; I actually feel a little sad for them. They weren't expecting the show to gain such a huge following, and many expectations were made by the fans and critics, and they tried so hard to live up to them, which was probably their first mistake - because as Warren said, they're now basically selling the plot for ratings' sake.

People wanted more mysteries/mythology/answers, and so they went down that road in S2, but there were those who were still sorely unsatisfied. They're trying to take the character-route now in S3 in rebuttle, but I personally don't think we're getting that character development with anyone except for Jack, and his storyline with Juliet. For that reason, my favorite plot from 3x05 were the scenes with Jack/The Others. I can't tell if he is being triple-played by Juliet and Ben, and that mystery has got me hooked; I honestly can't wait to see how it unfolds. THAT is what's making me watch with interest next Wednesday. I'm not watching because of Kate's damn choice, I could honestly care less in regards to who she chooses. And can you even call it a choice? She hasn't had a chance to speak with Jack yet. Gee, I wonder who she'll choose?

I'm extremely dissapointed with Kate's storyline ATM. I adored her in Season One -- she was spunky, she was fierce, she didn't need a MAN to freakin' tell off a guy when he made a comment about taking her dress off. In Season Two, however, she was written as a tool for Jack and Sawyer's development, not hers. I quickly lost interest in her, because that's all her character has evolved to now: being apart of a battle of affection between Jack and Sawyer. *groan* I'm actually happy that Jack is locked in an underground hatch, and is far, far away from her. It's good for his development, anyway.

Also: Paulo and Nikki. FREAKIN' PAULO AND NIKKI. I don't care that bloody Rodrigo Santoro was in Love Actually, and I don't CARE that Kiele Sanchez is gorgeous, they don't do anything for me as characters on this show. What is their point? If they have a point to the story, why does it matter now, 71 days into the game? Why do we need them as fillers, when we already have characters who are being completely ignored and underused? If Claire wasn't so caught up with Aaron, she could have taken Nikki's place, if the writers would actually PAY ATTENTION TO THE GIRL. For a season that's supposed to be all about the characters, they sure know how to neglect them. As a C/C shipper, I'm extremely dissatisfied with how little attention they've been getting, and not even necessarily as a couple, but in the means of their individual character development. With characters like Kate and Sawyer, we pretty much get to see their every waking moment. With Charlie and Claire? We're always left to ASSUME what they're up to, what they're going to do, and they only get to step up to the plate when a major change is going to be made in their relationship, whether it be good or bad. And even when that happens, this 'change' doesn't have much of an impact, because we didn't get to see many scenes leading up to that change, explaining their motives!

So now, they introduce Paulo and Nikki. A guy who supposedly wants to DO something but has a badass/careless attitude anyway, and a girl with a pretty face who likes to point out the obvious. Just...what the frak? I've never been so harsh to fictional characters that we've seen so little of, but honestly, I just want them to get the hell off my screen and make room for the people I actually care about. Please.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But that's just it, isn't it? For some of you, ALL you do is complain about it, about almost everything. Even the smallest thing, and instead of trying to like the episode you bash on it. And once you do that you try to lure many others to do the same.... and pretty soon.. all these pages are filled with complaints and nothing about the episode-

I'm sorry, it looks like im just repeating myself over and over, but I guess that's what it takes.... to show you the mess you are making.

And before you reply, at least try to cool down! There is no need for that foul language. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: