Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommended Halloween Movies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Recommended Halloween Movies Reply with quote

(knows what MovieGuy might post in here)......

So, Halloween is coming near, and at least at my place we're going to have a moviefest. I figured it would be nice to make a thread where everyone can recommend some really good Halloween-type movies.

First of all, a really scary movie I recommend....... It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. So cute.

Also, I might be very biased about this but I'm sure any Lost fan would enjoy watching The Stepfather. Whether you want to watch a really creepy 80's thriller movie and laugh at the hokey music in the process, or watch a very young 30-ish Terry O'Quinn go totally ape-s*** psychotic, this is so great to watch. The lead performance pretty much outshines most else. I would recommend it even for non-Locke fans.

(oh, by the way, major warning here: if all you find at your local movie-store is the sequel, don't watch it. Just forget about it.)

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donnie Darko!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm pretty much in love with the Final Destination series, but mostly FD2. Another I was surprised that I actually enjoyed--the new remake of The Hills Have Eyes with Emilie de Ravin in it. LOVED it...can't really explain why. Lastly, I'm kind of partial to the remake of The Amityville Horror (but, then again, I've always had kind of a thing for Ryan Reynolds). I loved that movie and Reynolds was amazing in it---really made me believe that he was going crazy.

Oh, and a classic: The Shining. You can never lose with a film based on a Stephen King book.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLiTHER -- As you guessed. Great horror that is also hilarioous. Quite a "gorefest". Plus, I know some of you love Firefly and this has Mal in it!! One day this'll be a cult classic that everyone will regret not seeing in theatres. Plus, SLiTHER is the most well recieved horror film in the past 10 years by critics.
Shaun of the Dead -- Another classic movie, imo.
Dawn of the Dead '04 -- Maybe it's just me and the fact that I'm a James Gunn mega-fan* but this was a fantastic remake. Worth watching for the first 10 minutes alone.
Saw -- Yeah, a rather popular movie. I know some of my RL friends think I'm sick for liknig these but, unlike Hostel (which I'm not saying is bad), these REALLY have great stories going for them.Total surprise ending, too. Unless you're one of those "I saw it coming" people
The Ring -- Man, suddenly I'm going into the mainstream horror films of this time. Recently watched it again and it is still good. The Ring, not The Ring Two
Scream -- Yeah, a modern classic. It stills entertains me whenever I watch. I also recommend the 2nd one, since I think for some reason I like it more. I don't recommend the 3rd really.
Scooby-Doo -- I know what you were saying "MG, how dare you neglect the children!" Well, I'm not. SD is good, I think. Once again though... James Gunn fan

And that is my Halloween movie roundup. Watch SLiTHER

* James Gunn is the writer/director of SLiTHER
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, if you havent seen SLiTHER yet, go rent it then buy it. This movie had me squirming as well as laughing. I have to admit when I first saw the promo I thought, "Oh brother." But it was really good! And I'm picky about what movies I like. I give it 5 stars for a good watch. Perfect for Halloween night.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't seen House Of Wax (the new one with Chad Michael Murray) then I would recommend that. I saw it last year on Halloween and it it kinda of scared and disgusted me at the same time. Oh and Wolf Creek. You will never want help from a stranger EVER AGAIN. I wouldn't recommend it though is you are offended by VERY strong violence. Not to mention it happened in real life so, when you're scared, you can't say ''Its just a film''

H.O.W is the main one I recommend though

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally, I'm pretty much in love with the Final Destination series, but mostly FD2.

I love the Final Destination films. They're amazing, I liked the first one better though. The scene where they watch the plane blow up in the airport is one of the best film scenes ever. I loved it.

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral Static wrote:

I love the Final Destination films. They're amazing, I liked the first one better though. The scene where they watch the plane blow up in the airport is one of the best film scenes ever. I loved it.

Yes! I just love it when he wakes up and screams ''THE F****** PLANE'S GONNA EXPLODE!!''

Classic

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love when Sean William Scott is watching out the window and then the plane explodes--you're right, it's one of the greatest film scenes I've ever seen. I like FD2 more because I liked the originality of the death more. Also, to this day, I can not listen to AC/DC--Highway to Hell when I'm on the highway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't enjoy FD2 as much. I thought that they should've left it at the 1st one really. The ending to FD1 was great. The ending to FD2 was SO CHEESY. And I didn't think they were good enough actors. But I agree with you on the highway thing. That scene was great and everytime I hear that song i'm like MUM!! PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD!

So yeah. I recommend Final Destination 1, but not 2. Maybe 3. The ending to that was sweet

Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were all good films. I guess I just like the first on more because that's back when it was all new to me. Such an interesting and strange storyline.
I really feel like watching it now.

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too...I think I'll have myself a little mini-FD marathon, since I only have the first two on DVD
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You HAVE to see FD3. Not as good as th first, but the deaths are more gory than the 1st and 2nd. The ending is wicked.

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I've SEEN it; I just don't OWN it. Yeah, it wasn't as good as the first two, but I liked it, as well...and there's something I just love about gory death scenes...the red-headed emo-like girl? God that was awesome!
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah for my birthday I want the control the movie version of FD3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: