Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3x04 - Every Man For Himself Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I still think it would be the most interesting if Kate ends up with Sawyer in the end. It's more unconventional. The girls just usually don't end up with the bad guys in these shows .

But to be honest, Sawyer is getting less and less like the "bad guy" in the show by the second. And the opposite is happening with Jack. The writers have hinted numerous times that we will be seeing a new "dark" Jack in the near future. I don't think that Sawyer & Jack can really be labeled as the "good guy" and the "bad guy" anymore, because they're both getting closer and closer to being very similar people.

Quote:
But season 3 hasn't had the usual Skate. So far, all the scenes have been pretty much resembling Jate. The fish biscuit scene with Sawyers (by the way 'awwwww' worthy) smile, the 2nd kiss with Kate's confused look (she does that alot after she kisses a guy don't she?), Saywer 'checking' Kate out - remember Jack doing that in S1? Hugging Sawyer, like she did with Jack twice - but thats probably just cos he was getting beaten bloody, so i'll give you that one.

I totally agree. I used to be more on the fence about the whole Jack/Kate/Sawyer thing, because both relationships were so different, and it was interesting to watch. Sawyer & Kate were really exciting and angsty (Although Jack & Kate did have some angsty scenes), and they had a lot of potential as the "unconventional" couple, which was fun to see. Whereas Jack & Kate had the "cute" relationship, the one that everybody loved. It was predictable, but it was still good.
Now, were into season 3 and they're turning Sawyer & Kate into this big fluffy "awww"-fest. It's kinda annoying actually. I loved Sawyer & Kate when they kinda "loved to hate" eachother, it was unpredictable, different and exciting. It doesn't feel right. It's like they're taking away everything that was appealing about their relationship.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Jack & Kate this season.

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
LOL your not giving up on that are ya? Its good! Shows your a faithful Jater

HEll yeah.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im surprised no one has mentioned-

she kissed him BACK.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
I really just hope that she doesn't pick...LOCKE! lol

DON'T ruin my dreams!!! *cries in a corner*

sig by IslandofMystery
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Just a reminder.

Spoiler:

Kate "I only said that so they'd stop hitting you,"

Just a reminder.

Spoiler:

Kate "I'm sorry I kissed you."

Ooo, burn!

Now, I'm totally not interested in starting a Ship War, honestly. But I would really find it interesting to hear a Jater's point of view on this: if that would've been Jack being beaten while Kate was asked if she loved him, and Kate said the same thing, "Yes, I love him!" and all of that in the same tone, then later, would've told Jack, "I only said that so they'd stop hitting you" (again in the same tone and everything), then went and got back in her cage and quoted one of Sawyer's lines...

Would that change your opinion on what she meant and if she really did love the guy she said that to? Like I said, I'm not interested in name calling and harsh feelings, just an honest discussion about this. 'Cause my thought, personally? How you interpret what she really meant when she said "I only said that so they'd stop hitting you" is ALL about which ship you love and who that line was directed to.

*hugs Jaters*
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would that change your opinion on what she meant and if she really did love the guy she said that to?

Or course it would. You're always going to be totally biased to your own 'ship'. I think if it had been the other way around, we would all be having this exact same discussion but reversed.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral Static wrote:
Or course it would. You're always going to be totally biased to your own 'ship'. I think if it had been the other way around, we would all be having this exact same discussion but reversed.

I know it was a pretty obvious thing to say but I figured it was worth saying anyway. And I totally agree, the Skaters and Jaters would just switch sides and argue the other way...
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Spiral Static wrote:

I know it was a pretty obvious thing to say but I figured it was worth saying anyway. And I totally agree, the Skaters and Jaters would just switch sides and argue the other way...

Yeah, that's what I think anyway. I mean, you'll probably get some people that say they wouldn't, but I think that personally, it's just all a matter of who it's said to. I guess I would be a little worried, and have my doubts as to weather or not she meant it, but I'm sure Sawyer & Kate fans have doubts too.
I think things like this are what keep the triangle alive, the way things can be so easily argued from both points of view.

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6th Episode
Spoiler:

Kate-Centric called "I Do"

This is apparently the episode where it shows her marriage. Call me crazy, but I Do could be her answer to a question, perhaps a question from Sawyer...something like "Do you love me?", where she says "I do" or something like that. TPTB are sneaky about stuff like that, and with the release of the Nathan Fillon info, more people might be saying "Oh it's just about her marraige" when it's more than that. It could be about her marraige AND her answer to a question either asked by Jack, or Sawyer.

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm..

I keep trying to imagine, not their little "conversation", but whether had it been Jack in that cage, whether she wouldve gotten back in. I suppose she wouldve, but its a tough call.

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched.

Another solid episode! I love where lost is going this season.

I keep waiting for them to revert to the old 5% story advancement per episode formula.. but instead it keeps getting better and better! This season seems a lot more well thought out that the previous ones. The first 2 eps were a bit slow-moving, but we haven't really had any truly aimless episodes yet. Which is awesome!

So... Not much to say about the ship stuff (which seems to be the popular topic of this ep lol). I wish i cared enough about kate's character to care who she 'chooses'

wow, while typing this i realized that Firefox2 must have inline spell check. Nice.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

But to be honest, Sawyer is getting less and less like the "bad guy" in the show by the second. And the opposite is happening with Jack. The writers have hinted numerous times that we will be seeing a new "dark" Jack in the near future. I don't think that Sawyer & Jack can really be labeled as the "good guy" and the "bad guy" anymore, because they're both getting closer and closer to being very similar people.

Totally agree Which is why I would find Kate ending up with Sawyer in the end all the more interresting.

Quote:
Another solid episode! I love where lost is going this season.

I keep waiting for them to revert to the old 5% story advancement per episode formula.. but instead it keeps getting better and better! This season seems a lot more well thought out that the previous ones. The first 2 eps were a bit slow-moving, but we haven't really had any truly aimless episodes yet. Which is awesome!

Yeah, I'm really starting to have high hopes for this season. That scares me though . (Further to fall)

Quote:

So... Not much to say about the ship stuff (which seems to be the popular topic of this ep lol). I wish i cared enough about kate's character to care who she 'chooses'

You know what, I never stopped to think about that. Why should we care? Why should Jack and Sawyer care? I mean, there are plenty of girls on the island (maybe not main characters but whatever) so why do they care so much about the self-destructive criminal chick?

Quote:

wow, while typing this i realized that Firefox2 must have inline spell check. Nice.

There's a second Firefox? holy crap!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

You know what, I never stopped to think about that. Why should we care? Why should Jack and Sawyer care? I mean, there are plenty of girls on the island (maybe not main characters but whatever) so why do they care so much about the self-destructive criminal chick?

Because she appears to be the prettiest girl on the whole island. Sawyer needs someone like him and Jack needs someone to fix. But I don't care much about her or the triangle.

sig by IslandofMystery
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
lostzilla wrote:
Just a reminder.

Spoiler:

Kate "I only said that so they'd stop hitting you,"

Just a reminder.

Spoiler:

Kate "I'm sorry I kissed you."

Ooo, burn!

LMAO guess we're even auntie. Hugs Jaters& Skaters

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, scorcher. Why should we care? Well Ill tell you why I do: my real love life is So boring, I have to live vicariously. That is all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: