Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Skaterboy" - Charlie/Claire/Humor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
mistojen wrote:
oooohhhh...like...every day quotes or quotes from Lost or what? I wanna play!

Any wil do, but Lost is preferred

Ok, I have to say my favorite is:

"Dude, Leslie's a bitchin' name." -Hurley
And an everyday one that I rather enjoyed:
"F*** you, in the Key of D, please." -drunk lead singer of local band when starting off an audience-requested jam session on stage.

Hobbes wrote:
mistojen wrote:

ETA:
Hobbes wrote:
mistojen wrote:
must. stop. spamming. thread...

How do you get your white fades to do that, by the way? where they kind of snap the white but linger a little in the clip? I can never get mine to do that, no matter how hard I try, I swear. I liked that the best...and how you faded Claire's eye with the following clip--vereh cool.

...yes...I did, indeed, say that...what of it, King Warren of LVI?

But there was... a ... post!

Well, doesn't that just get annoying?
What I meant to say way:
Ah the days of WMM, that sure takes me back . I BELIEVE (and Aislynn can probably correct me on this) that I used a white image, which I then used to fade to the clip, which allowed me to adjust the length of the white fade . Unless you're saying something different in which case I'm just crazy

No, I mean, I do that, too...using a white clip and adjusting the length, but I mean, every time I try, I can only either get the snap of the flash or the nice pretty fade into the following clip. Is is about how you drag the following clip into it and I'm just not doing it right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
How do you get your white fades to do that, by the way? where they kind of snap the white but linger a little in the clip? I can never get mine to do that, no matter how hard I try, I swear. I liked that the best...and how you faded Claire's eye with the following clip--vereh cool.

Hobbes wrote:
Ah the days of WMM, that sure takes me back . I BELIEVE (and Aislynn can probably correct me on this) that I used a white image, which I then used to fade to the clip, which allowed me to adjust the length of the white fade . Unless you're saying something different in which case I'm just crazy

mistojen wrote:
No, I mean, I do that, too...using a white clip and adjusting the length, but I mean, every time I try, I can only either get the snap of the flash or the nice pretty fade into the following clip. Is is about how you drag the following clip into it and I'm just not doing it right?

I hate to admit, it's been long enough since I made a full-on vid with WMM that I couldn't remember my techniques for sure. Sooooo, I went back and made a Test White Flash vid! I'll have it done in just a second. It combines all of the methods I've used over the years just to achieve different looks to the flashes in WMM. I'll post it in the WMM guide, though, so to Stop Spamming Up Skaterboy's Thread.

ETA: Finished! I had to tuck it at the bottom of the post about "Saving Sun" under the "Extras" header, just so it wouldn't be scattered all over the place. http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5161

Hope that helps!

On topic: It's been clinically proven that Skaterboy is the vid of choice for a PB&J fan looking for an Avril Lavigne fix.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Did I mention, with a donation of one funny quote, you can recieve a Hobbes-fanclub gift package complete with a bumper sticker, a lifetime warranty for Hobbes online videos (guarenteed to be offline until you ask for them!) and the title of 1 (one) of Hobbes' (Warren's) future videos?

*gasp* I SO want the Hobbes-fanclub gift package! *runs to scour brain for suitable quote*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Dude, Leslie's a bitchin' name." -Hurley
And an everyday one that I rather enjoyed:
"F*** you, in the Key of D, please." -drunk lead singer of local band when starting off an audience-requested jam session on stage.

Your payment is accepted. You shall recieve your package by email within the next 5 business days.

Quote:
*is an avid member of the Hobbes fanclub*

Oooooh, another one Well, for the payment of one funny quote (or joke), you will recieve the Hobbes Fanclub Gift Package!
All the cool kids are doig it

Ooooooh, that's one nice white flash guide Aislynn! See, that's why she's Queen, and I'm just "Sir"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

Your payment is accepted. You shall recieve your package by email within the next 5 business days.

Shall I come here looking for it or does it come to my personal address?

Quote:

Ooooooh, that's one nice white flash guide Aislynn! See, that's why she's Queen, and I'm just "Sir"

...you're my King, Warren. And, dude, yes, that guide was really helpful.

/spam of Warren's vid thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

lets make it here - emoticons!
Oh, but by "here" I mean Personal Delivery via Messaging of the Personal kind.

Quote:

...you're my King, Warren.

Yay! Do I get vassals?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

lets make it here - emoticons!

Apparently, you don't seem to mind the spam on your thread... I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat!

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:

...you're my King, Warren.

Yay! Do I get vassals?

...I could try cloning myself a couple dozen times and suiting up the clones in armour...would that work, or do you want a more experienced bunch?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say? mroe comments makes my thread bigger
Though as I edited just a bit too late, you will recieve your package by "Personal Delivery via Messaging of the Personal kind." , not here.

Quote:

...I could try cloning myself a couple dozen times and suiting up the clones in armour...would that work, or do you want a more experienced bunch?

Well it worked for Star Wars! (But apparently not as far as movie quality went ) so SURE
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh was I too quick for ya on the edit, my King?

Secretly, I'm wanting to start photoshopping pictures of myself to put armour on ...but I'm lazy so I won't. I shall spare you.
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUN FUN FUN!!! I just had my PB&J fix!!!

Kinda hard to make a new PB&J vid when they cut scenes like this:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

What I am suppose to vid now? still pics??? I have to do a slide show??

Sorry about the rant. I was hoping for vidding material in Locke's episode.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk about SQUEEE!! Those pics are awesome!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Talk about SQUEEE!! Those pics are awesome!
I know!!! That scene better show up on the dvd.

Sorry to spam your thread Warren!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I read "vassals" as "tassels" with was a lot more fun there for a second...

My humble offering of a Lost quote (well, it made me laugh anyway... so I hope it qualifies as "funny" )

Charlie: "You're not taking drugs, are you, John? I only ask because of the strict zero tolerence policy you've enacted. And I wouldn't want you to have to start punching yourself in the face."

That tickled me AND actually served to endear Charlie to me a bit.

Hobbes wrote:

Thank you kindly but I'm really more like one of those "stand-in" Queens from Star Wars, just there to get shot at...

*decides to turn in crown*

I have to admit that I couldn't remember how to split a clip in WMM (Note: it's NOT by pressing the "s" key! ). I finally had to *sob* look it up in the Help section! And I'd forgotten that you can't move a video clip wherever you want it on the timeline (auto snapping to the left, baby! ) AND I'd really forgotten that you have to wait a few seconds for WMM to "reset" after you make any sort of edit.

*clings to Baby Vegas*

Aw, poor Cinthia! Those were some MAJOR C/C scenes that got cut! *is sad for PB&J-ers*

On topic: John Locke watches Skaterboy every day before having his meditation "sweat hut" time. And we ALL know it!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL the spam is so much better when it's about me
no problem though spamming in here is always welcome (provided it has some point. )

YAY! Aislynn is in the club too .
Your Membership Package will ship to your nearest Personal Messages box within 5 working days.

Quote:

FUN FUN FUN!!! I just had my PB&J fix!!!

Yay! I really need to make a more shippy PB&J vid this is more of a "Here's Charlie, here's Claire, here's them together! OoooOOOOooooh"
(which was still way ahead of its time, long ago when most of the vids were just "Here's them together, with HEART TRANSITIONS!!!!!!111111ONE!!!!" )
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
YAY! Aislynn is in the club too .
Your Membership Package will ship to your nearest Personal Messages box within 5 working days.

*does Official Sir Hobbes Membership Package Dance* Woo-HOOOOOOO!!!!

Hobbes wrote:
Yay! I really need to make a more shippy PB&J vid this is more of a "Here's Charlie, here's Claire, here's them together! OoooOOOOooooh"
(which was still way ahead of its time, long ago when most of the vids were just "Here's them together, with HEART TRANSITIONS!!!!!!111111ONE!!!!" )

"With HEART TRANSITIONS," lol! I laughed until I snorted! (Okay, so that's not a pretty picture, but it's true... )

On topic: The real reason why the polar bear dragged Mr. Eko into the cave, then conveniently "stepped out" so that Locke could rescue him... he HAD to watch Skaterboy, right then!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: