Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taking Clips from DVDs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSG!!!??? Please post it at CE Morelight, I wanna see it (if it's done)
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
BSG!!!??? Please post it at CE Morelight, I wanna see it (if it's done)

Don't know what CE is but here is the link:

http://media.putfile.com/BSG---Do-you-wanna-get-FRAKKED

It was shown at the official Battlestar Galactica Convention in Burbank last month. http://www.creationent.com/cal/bsgbur.htm#sch It doesn't list the vid but my name is up top and this was the only vid I submitted.

My lost music vids
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Morelight, you signed up at the forum at CE and I think you even posted once. My website, Creative Expressions. I'm sorry, I got so used to calling it CE. Yur a member there, so if you get a chance come over and post it. I'm sure everyone would love to see it. I'll watch it now.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steph forgot to put Creative Expressions back in her sig when she changed it... CE is a multi-fandom site where we can, among other things, post our non-Lost vids (for those of us who have non-Lost vids, that is... ).

And ML, you know I love this vid! Wooooooooo! It has it all: rockin' beat use, awesome song, and one of my favorite endings in a vid EVER! Even the credits are cool! (I love that Cylon thing at the end SO MUCH! *squee!* )

Ahem. Sorry I went all fangirly there for a second...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I cross-posted ya, Steph, sorry!
Sterdickbastardan5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this was a busy spambot troll thingie!!!!!
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh brother how come we never get Josh Holloway dancing naked links?
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe this. I AM SMART
I got this, all of this! But I have one problem though, when I try to convert my .VOB file to .mpg, the ConvertMovie 4.1 only converts 30%! WTF? Does anyone know what to do?
When I go to their wedsite to get the full version, it says - of course, what else - that I have to pay. And I can pay for it, the problem is that I live in Sweden and I don't have a card to pay with (VISA etc.) since I'm only 15... what do I do? Heeeeelp. My mom isn't very fond of the idea of paying for this over the net...
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey meandi,

I'm glad you understood all this. I tried my best to explain how to do things. What is the ConvertMovie 4.1 used for? Is this the vid editor you plan to use for your music videos? If so there is the not so bad as they say Windows Movie Maker 1 or 2 that is FREE with Bill Gate's software...what was it called doors or something.

Seriously though it isn't so bad if you can't afford one of the high end video editors. Vegas is up to version 7 and I may get it even though it would only be an upgrade for me it would still be $249. So try out the WMM1 or 2 and look up the tutorial on those by:

Aislynn

My lost music vids
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight wrote:
Hey meandi,

I'm glad you understood all this. I tried my best to explain how to do things. What is the ConvertMovie 4.1 used for? Is this the vid editor you plan to use for your music videos? If so there is the not so bad as they say Windows Movie Maker 1 or 2 that is FREE with Bill Gate's software...what was it called doors or something.

Seriously though it isn't so bad if you can't afford one of the high end video editors. Vegas is up to version 7 and I may get it even though it would only be an upgrade for me it would still be $249. So try out the WMM1 or 2 and look up the tutorial on those by:

Aislynn

Hey there thanks but that's not really my problem, the WMM part - I am currently using WMM 2 for videos, I've submitted one vid to LVI so far (haha, gonna be proud 'til next year ).
The problem is (sorry if I was very unclear, I swear, it wasn't the first time someone missunderstood me ) that I can't convert my .VOB files into .MPG ones, when I've taken them from the DVD (I am in the right thread, ain't I? *looks at threads name*) Someone mentioned ConvertMovie 4.1 earlier in this thread and ... I tried it and it was easy, so I tried to convert my file I took from the DVD through DVD Shrink. And it only saved 30% of the file... so, haha, what I'm after is a similar converter in style with ConvertMovie 4.1 that is free and easy to use.
Or if someone please could help me with that codec-stuff I can't understand a thing about

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered just to thank you!

Thank you . . . thank you . . .thank you so much!!
trexyecart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I finally was able to get the clips I wanted, and as i started building them in WMM, it was fine. But now the clips are all jerky - the image goes, stops, goes, stops . . .

It's fast enough to view, but you can tell something's up. I thought i was WMM, but when I pulled the video clip up I got from my DVD's, it was doing the same thing in Windows Media Player.

It happens with both season one clips - which I get right from the DVD, and season two clips, which I get from files on my computer.

Any ideas why this might happen? Does this happen often when reauthoring parts of a DVD?

BTW, Aisynn, LOVE your siggy.
trexyecart

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the jerkiness mysteriously went away, but now I'm having another problem.

When I reauthored files before (S1 from DVD, and S2 from decrypted files), I was able to import them just fine - jerky, but fine. Suddenly today they weren't jerky, but after importing a few, they stopped being chopped into clips (yes, the box that asks if you want them in clips was checked) - it shows as just one clip, and when I click on it, a window comes up that says "ActiveMovie Window" - and it'll play in there, but not in the preview box.

And when I try to drag it into the video section of the timeline it automatically goes to the AUDIO - I have to cut and paste it into the video part, and then it freezes my WMM.

Very weird. Any idea what's going on? Why is it forcing it to audio, not video? And why no clips? Why won't it play??

Thanks for you time. You got me way further than I would have been able to go alone.
KatieKat
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is fantastic! Thank you so so so so much!

But I have a quick question and it may have been answered already. if it has I apologize I was too lazy to read through all the pages The turtorial was great and I understood everything and got my video onto the Vegas Program. But the video doesn't seem to have any audio. I read a few things about audio problems when I was reading the first few pages but it seems all of you HAVE audio with yours, it's just choppy or a little scewed. Does anyone have a solution for audio that just doesn't appear at ALL with the video?

Thanks!

EDIT: NEVER MIND I figured it out! Thanks anyways!
This thread is great!
KatieKat
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel, looks like I'm having another problem
I downloaded that DVD Decryptor program for my season 2 dvd set. And it just took 40 minutes to do one disc That's okay though, I don't mind waiting. The problem is, I don't know what to do next... I tried opening the DVD again in my DVD Shrink program but I'm still getting the same error message.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Got it! Nevermind...again..hahaha, sorry

Last edited by KatieKat on Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: