Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taking Clips from DVDs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um...so no matter what I use, I'm getting errors. With DVD Shrink, I get this one:

When I do DVD Decyptor, I get:

...when I skipped the file that didn't want to work in DVD Decryptor and then tried to open the remaining stuff with DVD Shrink, I got this:

...am I the only one having this problem? Anyone know what I can do...?

GOD ALL I WANT IS A TRAILER THAT I CAN'T FIND ONLINE! this is so frustrating!

Last edited by mistojen on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jen, I/O errors usually mean a disk read error. The program is having trouble reading the file on the disk. Is this a new disk? If it is, how old is the drive? Sometimes this happens with certain software too, and I'm not completely positive how stable DVD shrink is. Don't worry, if DVD shrink doesn't work, I'm trying to find a better program out there for ripping DVDs that's free.
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
I've been watching this Epic Battle between Erin and her Attempt To Rip A DVD for some time now with great interest, mainly because I would love to be able to rip my own DVDs (LOTR vids, here I come!!!! ).

I have computer luck that runs about the same as hers is going (and I don't use Torrents so don't have access to a lot of the "extra" programs that it seems to take to be able to rip a DVD) so I haven't even bothered to try any of the ripping programs yet. *sigh* I understand perfectly well why they've made it so hard to put a DVD movie onto the computer hard drive in a useable form but at the same time it just sucks that it's so difficult to rip. I don't want to spew out 10 bazillion bootleg DVD copies! I'm just an innocent viddergirl who wishes there was a way to rip a movie as easily as ripping a song from a CD so she can fulfill her dream of making a LOTR vid!

Sorry, not adding anything of real substance. Mainly just commiserating with you, Erin! Hope you get this thing mastered soon!

*grabs some popcorn and waits for Erin VS DVD Ripping, Round 4 (or so... )*

*DING DING* Round 4 has come to an end and ERIN is the VALIANT WINNER! Thanks to MoreLight helping her out in the red corner, the FixVTS program aided Erin in causing some serious butt-whooping! LMAO

Thanks so much MoreLight, the FixVTS program is indeed what did the trick, as when I went to trim the episode in DVD Shrink, no error message popped up!

I'm guessing that I will in fact have to do this with the rest of my discs, but that's okay, because I will soon be making a comeback to the world of LOST Vidding, plus I have already downloaded the first episode of season three in FOUR parts so there will hardly be any problem trimming those! I'm so excited!

*Cheers with triumph* TAKE THAT MOFO!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
Hey Jen, I/O errors usually mean a disk read error. The program is having trouble reading the file on the disk. Is this a new disk? If it is, how old is the drive? Sometimes this happens with certain software too, and I'm not completely positive how stable DVD shrink is. Don't worry, if DVD shrink doesn't work, I'm trying to find a better program out there for ripping DVDs that's free.

I googled I/O error and everything kept telling me to check if the disc was clean, so I did. It was fine; no smudges or scratches at all. The disc is maybe four or five years old, but I don't watch it often, or anything. Also, the drive is about four years old, because that's how old my computer is and it's a laptop, so it's attached and I can't really afford to have them put in a new one even though I'd like to...

Also...I'm did a test rip with one of my Lost s1 discs and that ripped JUST fine. So did another one of my discs which is older--I did this so that I had ripped a newer one AND an older one, to see if age of the DVD was the issue. Apparently not?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight, I SERIOUSLY need your help. I got DVD Shrink and it's ripping the season one DVDs fine, but the season two DVDs have got some serious hardcore copy protection that DVD Shrink refuses to break through. Is there anything I can download that will break through it? Because otherwise I'm just going to abandon my latest vid FOREVER.

Supernatural Video Station
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this will be ANY help at all, but have you looked for a deCSSing decrypter, like DVDFab Decrypter?

I'm still really new at this, so forgive me if I'm giving you a suggestion you've already tried on your own.
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
I'm not sure this will be ANY help at all, but have you looked for a deCSSing decrypter, like DVDFab Decrypter?

I'm still really new at this, so forgive me if I'm giving you a suggestion you've already tried on your own.

Argh, just tried the link and it says the software is no longer available from them... I'll Google it. Thanks so much for the tip!

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
Argh, just tried the link and it says the software is no longer available from them... I'll Google it. Thanks so much for the tip!

Shoot, sorry I totally flaked it. I knew that the software wasn't available from them because I had to do a Google search for it, myself. Duh, me. I fail.

just in case I beat you to it, here's the REAL link
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot, sorry I totally flaked it. I knew that the software wasn't available from them because I had to do a Google search for it, myself. Duh, me. I fail.

just in case I beat you to it, here's the REAL link[/quote]

That's great, but I found a link too! So I've downloaded it now. Thanks so much for all your help, and be expecting the FD trailers tomorrow if all goes well!

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
mistojen wrote:

just in case I beat you to it, here's the REAL link

That's great, but I found a link too! So I've downloaded it now. Thanks so much for all your help, and be expecting the FD trailers tomorrow if all goes well!

No problem, hope it works out for you! Thank YOU for offering to do the trailers! You SO rock my world!
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
Thank YOU for offering to do the trailers! You SO rock my world!

No problem, will PM ya the zshare links tomorrow (they'll have to be zshare as this is the only good downloading site I can access from the rubbish school computers with their horrible blocking-any-good-sites system!)

AP x

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMG you used the word "rubbish"! I LOVE that word!

...zshare is totally fine with me Stupid school computer blocking good sites...I hated that when I was in school.
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
ZOMG you used the word "rubbish"! I LOVE that word! Lol, 'rubbish' rocks! I love Englishisms!

xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
MoreLight, I SERIOUSLY need your help. I got DVD Shrink and it's ripping the season one DVDs fine, but the season two DVDs have got some serious hardcore copy protection that DVD Shrink refuses to break through. Is there anything I can download that will break through it? Because otherwise I'm just going to abandon my latest vid FOREVER.

I had the same problem AP, just download a DVD Decrypter, decrypt one of the discs, then use the Fix VTS program to fix all the files. If you have any questions, check out page 7 of this thread as that's where MoreLight kinda walked me through it.
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yow sorry peps. I really was brain dead since I was reading page 7 and didn't realize there were this many new questions.

I'm glad it worked out for you ooangeliceviloo that FixVTS program was a lifesaver for me too on a my other fandome vid. *Cough* BSG.

My lost music vids
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: