Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fan4Lost's Vegas Tutorials
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Fan4Lost's Vegas Tutorials Reply with quote

I'm sorry but ALL TUTORIALS HAVE BEEN REMOVED

Last edited by Fan4Lost on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:50 am; edited 5 times in total
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesson 2 - Compositing [removed]

Last edited by Fan4Lost on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it for now, 2 in one day is a lot of work. But if anybody needs to know how to do anything else, just request it in this thread and I'll do my best making more tutorials.

And if you have questions, post them here. I'll try to answer them the best I can.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed those are a lot of work but I really thank you for putting those together like that, Steph! *applause applause* Those are invaluable! I had no idea that Vegas could do all of that! I have an idea for a vid that I've been putting off because I wasn't quite sure how I could make the effects I wanted in it to work and now, thanks to your masking and compositing tutorials, I think I have an idea of how to do it now! Thanks so much!!!! Awesome job!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe-it-or-not I had no idea either I always dreamed of having some sort of cutting tool that could take something more than just a circle, triangle, or all of one colour and now I find out it's this friggin easy?

DAMMIT!!!

I mean, jsut check my past vids for an example of just why this would have helped me so much.

BLAHHHHH!!!!!

Thank you a lot Steph! Damn I wish I would have known this earlier...
Ug, I'm a Dummy now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I knew Vegas was this cool too!!! Thanks Steph!!

sig by IslandofMystery
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! Like Warren said, I had no idea you could cut like that!! I got to play around more with my Vegas!

Thank you so much for putting that together!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, no problem. That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Vegas. I'm doing these online tutorials from other sites and as soon as I can I'll put up some more dummie tutorials.

But hey! Being a dummie is fun, you get to learn some new things! Isn;t that masking much better than stupid cookie cutter?

Ais, want me to do the fading tutorial too? It's up to you. That one is easy.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sad note for my fellow Sony Vegas Movie Studio users who are looking for the Mask button in the pan/crop tool...

Unfortunately, it's only available in the full version of Vegas. We can do a more generic mask based on color or light but we can't do the "dot-to-dot" method, sorry to say.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
Ais, want me to do the fading tutorial too? It's up to you. That one is easy.

Go right ahead if you feel like it! I'm sure your way is much better than mine (unless we happened to do it the same way! )!
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered this myself Ais. I am so sorry. I didn't realize that Movie Studio didn't offer this feature. I feel so bad.

How many of you guys just have Movie Studio? Can you do the compositing with Movie Studio?

Spoiler:

The full version is available on Bearshare File Community for free. That's where I got it. It works great, no bugs. I'm such a boob assuming everyone is as dishonest as I am...I'm going to hell!

Edit: My brother has this version, I'm gonna check it out and see what the difference is. If I can figure out a way to so it on that version, I'll let ya's know. Stupid Sony!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
How many of you guys just have Movie Studio? Can you do the compositing with Movie Studio?

With the compositing, the only options in the pull-down menu are Multiply (Mask) and Source Alpha.

Anyway, I figured I'd eventually find something major that Baby Vegas isn't able to do like its Big Bro. Otherwise, how could they justify selling you the same program for a fraction of the cost, right?

So don't feel bad at all, Steph! I'm still glad to read about how that is done! And, believe me, Movie Studio is still a bazillion times better than WMM2! It's more stable, it has multiple audio and video tracks, it has the rest of the pan/crop, it has keyframing, it has the cookie cutter and the chroma keyer and a thousand other things that are light-years ahead of what I worked with for the first half of my vidding "career!" So I'm still stoked to have it!

Besides, I figure I made my mark, such as it is, in vidding with my early vids that were done in WMM1 and I learned right away that the most powerful vidding tool isn't your software, it's your imagination and creativity! There's almost always a way around limitations and sometimes trying to find those ways lead you to bigger and better results than if you'd just been able to do it the "easy" way.

*pets Baby Vegas and gives it a virtual cookie so it still feels loved*
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still feel bad But you are right! I've seen people do some amazing vids with WMM and other ones.

Lesson 3 - REMOVED

This can be done using WMM or Vegas (Movie Studio too!)

Last edited by Fan4Lost on Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have I done this right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTEbPxaWZxs
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just how to do it. It went a little quick, but it all depends on how fast you want them to disappear. But yeah! That's exactly how you do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: