Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Premiere Help-AGAIN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Premiere Help-AGAIN Reply with quote

Now I am a Telecomm major familiar with Final Cut Pro for Mac, but adobe for PC is killing me. We got Premiere Elements whatever the F that is. My main concern right now is when I import episodes they just show up as a episode. Is there anyway to have adobe recognize an episode as multiple clips instead of one clump. Also when i insert a clip it messes with my 2nd audio--do you think just replacing the mp3 song in audio 2 when the rest of the project is done is a wise move? Charmax thanks for the help links--do you know of anymore layman links for adobe?-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm telling you, there is something about these Lost episodes that have some kind of unique coding. Premiere hates it. You have to either convert the file or use a video out stream to stream it back in. It's as if the episodes themselves wish not to be vidded. LOL. Okay, that was a bit far.

Charmax swears by the TMGENC or whatever, but I tried it and was either retarded or that program blows goats.

I'm double frustrated because I got a new toy for Valentines day. Kinda like a video iPod, but it only excepts video in MPEG4 format. Having trouble finding a program 1. that i like and 2. that CAN perform the task of conversion. But enough about me.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMPGEnc does NOT blow goats. Try using it to convert your LOL AVIs into mpegs. That's what I would suggest.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, open up TMPGEnc:

1. File -> Project Wizard

2. Select Video-CD -> NTSC -> Next

3. Select the LOL AVI file as the source file. -> Next

4. Other Settings -> Advanced tab -> set Video Arange method to "Fullscreen (keep aspect ratio)" -> OK -> Next

Let me know it this helps...
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'd like to know is why my files suddenly worked when I just changed them from .avi to .mpg

why not try that out, just to see if it works, and if not, you can always undo it, just don't close the window or you're screwed >.<
Otherwise, those are the same problems I found with Premiere (I was using Pro, actually). Those, and a constant lagging even worse than that of WMM... but then again, PREMIERE NEVER FROZE 20 TIMES! DID IT!?!?!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Enchirito, but I think I found a conversion program that will work for both my Adobe Premiere situation and my video handheld toy. It's called River Past Video Cleaner. Working like a charm. Thanks again though.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Astarte

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have Premiere Elements and all my Premiere Versions are currently missing in action, but I would suggest you turn off your second Audio stream. It also depends how you insert your clips, if you drag&drop them they always drag the audio along or right click 'insert' with the 'No Audio' option...

About the encoding. I would always recommand to encode the episodes from hdtv into a format you like, for the 23fps alone. It is shitty to work with, there are several major problems that lay in wait and changing the extension don't solve this in the end. They are a pain in the ass to work in Premiere. It really depends on your personal preference, Charmax mentioned in another thread that Premiere sometimes don't like mpegs, which would be the case for me. I was ona and a half year ago suddenly confronted with mixed up frames and whatnot, so I changed to avi without sound and they are great for any version, except Premiere Pro 1.5 which causes a strange codec problem that manifest itself in random greenish clips.

If someone is interested in my way, that works up to Premiere Pro 1.0, just ask and an encoding program I would always recommand is VirtualDub, easy to use, fast and with alot of possibilities you can explore... And the best tutorial out there to all things mv-related can be found here: http://animemusicvideo.org/guides/avtech/ Everything you never wanted to know, but should know about framerates, apect ratios, compression and video sources...
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the FB/help! Especially Astarte! I acutally came up with an idea I hope will work. If not--well WMM here i come-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: