Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

:D You're Probably Getting Sick Of These...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlcoholicPixie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: :D You're Probably Getting Sick Of These... Reply with quote

But thank you all once again for the Silver CP on Any Other Name... these CPs are making me SO happy and so inspired for vids!!

Any feedback to give?

AP x
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, AP! It's good to see a vidder who's really eager to learn and improve the vidding skills.

First of all, it's very well done for a first Vegas vid!
This program is far more complex than WMM and a bit more tricky, but I'm sure you'll be doing great with it on your future vids.

Your audio editing in this vid was great. The general editing was quite well done, too. The main reason why we couldn't give you a Golden pick for this vid is because it consists of only about 4 or 5 scenes altogether and that's not enough as for us to justify a Gold CP, i.e. the whole clip aspect is a bit too simple.

Knowing your other vids, I'm sure you'll figure all the options and possibilities that Vegas gives you out quite quickly and you'll surely come up with some more really amazing vids.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
No worries, AP! It's good to see a vidder who's really eager to learn and improve the vidding skills.

First of all, it's very well done for a first Vegas vid!
This program is far more complex than WMM and a bit more tricky, but I'm sure you'll be doing great with it on your future vids. Thanks, I was kinda learning how to use it as I went along in this vid, and I've figured out quite a few of the little quirks, so now I'm working on the Seven Deadly Sins vid I'm so happy with it!

Your audio editing in this vid was great. The general editing was quite well done, too. The main reason why we couldn't give you a Golden pick for this vid is because it consists of only about 4 or 5 scenes altogether and that's not enough as for us to justify a Gold CP, i.e. the whole clip aspect is a bit too simple. I completely get that, I didn't actually think it would gain any kind of CP, so the Silver was a really nice surprise! My main reason for doing this vid was the fact that I wanted to do a test run with Vegas to see if I could work with it well enough, because if I couldn't I probably wouldn't still be using it. But I'm happy that it worked out pretty well, because Vegas is amazingbrilliantlovelywonderful!

Knowing your other vids, I'm sure you'll figure all the options and possibilities that Vegas gives you out quite quickly and you'll surely come up with some more really amazing vids. Thanks so much for the quick reply, and all this good feedback - especially coming from the judges - has been really helping give me a boost with 1. inspiration for vids and 2. the confidence to give them a shot.

So many thankies, Seven Deadly Sins coming soon (IF I CAN GET THE CLIPS!!!!!) *phew* rant over. But I really do need the clips! They're in the clip request thread if anyone thinks they might have some.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
I didn't actually think it would gain any kind of CP, so the Silver was a really nice surprise! My main reason for doing this vid was the fact that I wanted to do a test run with Vegas to see if I could work with it well enough, because if I couldn't I probably wouldn't still be using it. But I'm happy that it worked out pretty well, because Vegas is amazingbrilliantlovelywonderful!

It got the Silver CP because it has a good AU idea (and a vid doesn't automatically get a CP just because it's AU... the idea has to work, has to be believable and well executed) which was well executed and well edited, especially the audio part. So you deserved that Silver pick.

Also, it's good to see that you didn't do any random vid for your test run with Vegas. It really has some tought to it and I really like this.

AlcoholicPixie wrote:
Thanks so much for the quick reply, and all this good feedback - especially coming from the judges - has been really helping give me a boost with 1. inspiration for vids and 2. the confidence to give them a shot.

You're very welcome. Vegas may be a bit "scary" at first and it's sometimes a bit of a pain in the a** when it comes to rendering, but it's just so much better than WMM.
So, keep up the good work!

Your "Seven Deadly Sins" vid is the one with "Teardrop", isn't it? I'm really looking forward to this one because I so love this song!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Your "Seven Deadly Sins" vid is the one with "Teardrop", isn't it? I'm really looking forward to this one because I so love this song!

Yeah it is, but I've edited it so that it's no vocals, just the instrumental parts, because it fit better with the theme of the video.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: