Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"UGLY"-Skate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Skate vids all boil down to how the kissing scene is used. It is the obvious climax, and about HALF of the total Skate footage on the show, it's so long LOL! A vid where the kiss just jumps in out of nowhere ruins the whole buildup, but when it's used sparingly and with plenty of buildup, it is the CENTERPIECE of the video, making a lovely scene of it ^_^ This vid used the latter choice, which made it AWESOME
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
the Skate vids all boil down to how the kissing scene is used. It is the obvious climax, and about HALF of the total Skate footage on the show, it's so long LOL! A vid where the kiss just jumps in out of nowhere ruins the whole buildup, but when it's used sparingly and with plenty of buildup, it is the CENTERPIECE of the video, making a lovely scene of it ^_^ This vid used the latter choice, which made it AWESOME

I definately have sympathy for the skaters of the world making multiple videos for this couple--heck the jaters too. It is very difficult to do a couple centered video with the limited amount of footage you can use, and then theres the fact you need to try and have some originality to it--and flow. You want to tell their story through a particular song, and it is impossible if you don't pick the right song and stick to the theme the couple represents to you. I'm glad I didn't overuse the kiss--I mean it is a great scene for skate, but there is so much more going on for them than that moment in their story. See what happens when Laura doesn't get enough sleep? She analyzes ship vids. Blah-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
See what happens when Laura doesn't get enough sleep? She analyzes ship vids. Blah-laura

LMAO! you're right! That's what happened to me! http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: