Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychodelicS
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: question Reply with quote

Hi there!

With the video island being cleaned up,
I can't seem to get any videos up,
because they have to be unhumanly small.

I had a video that was about 40 seconds,
and it was even too big,

while befor I got 5 minutes videos up..

Is this erm.. only here, or is there indeed a problem there?
are there only allowed small vids now?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, PsychodelicS! Are you hosting your vids some place first before you submit them to us? We have a list of places that we'll accept -- see Hobbes's Free Video Hosting Guide.

We recommend now that you use 2 places, some place like YouTube for your main link and then some place like zShare for an extra link so people can download your vid, too.

Anyway, after you host your vid in one of those places, then you go to the Submit page on the main site and fill in the boxes there. Down at the bottom is the place where you upload the image that goes with your vid and that's required to be a jpeg file, under 20KB and 201x113 pixels.

Does any of that answer your question? If not, then let us know and we'll be glad to try to help you better!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there might have been some confusion between the image upload section and the Video Link section
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PsychodelicS
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Hey there, PsychodelicS! Are you hosting your vids some place first before you submit them to us? We have a list of places that we'll accept -- see Hobbes's Free Video Hosting Guide.

We recommend now that you use 2 places, some place like YouTube for your main link and then some place like zShare for an extra link so people can download your vid, too.

Anyway, after you host your vid in one of those places, then you go to the Submit page on the main site and fill in the boxes there. Down at the bottom is the place where you upload the image that goes with your vid and that's required to be a jpeg file, under 20KB and 201x113 pixels.

Does any of that answer your question? If not, then let us know and we'll be glad to try to help you better!

I have uploaded videos here befor,
and haven't had any problems.

I did everything requiered, and it said that my video was too big. :s

But for some reason..it seems to be working now..

Hobbes wrote:
I think there might have been some confusion between the image upload section and the Video Link section

No, no.. I'm not THAT stupid. :p
It was infact the right section...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was just "one of those things." Anyway, I'm glad if it's working for you now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: