Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1x22 - "Born to Run" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I think what lostcalier is trying to say is: "We don't know jack."

Exactly !

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that Kate has been "living a lie" for so long that in order for us to get to the "real her" it's gonna take some time. Despite the fact that this episode revealed much, it also gave that underlying "we still don't know everything, or possibly anything, for sure yet" feel. Even when she was talking rather honestly with Tom I kind of got the vibe that he was as clueless as we are about where she'd been and what she had or hadn't done.
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I'm not saying that Kate is a cold blooded killer. lol. Every character has some good and some evil. And I guess I don't think Kate is really evil, just... confused? lol.

to be fair though,
Hobbes wrote:
I'll bet anything you didn't guess what Kate was gonna dig up, nor that her mother was gonna scream for help like that.

I predicted both of those. Digging up the plane was funny because before they dug, they looked around nervously like they were up to something. I was like, my god, that would be so dumb if they dug up that toy plane. lol. I actually thought her mom would be more pissed off at her than scared, but her fear was along those lines. So, yeah. I've had enough Kate backstory. More Walt/Locke! I think I might even prefer if they sayed on the island the whole hour.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My logic is her "mom" was dying of cancer and those patients can sometimes be very lucid one moment then completely confused the next minut. That was what I though about why her mom was scared all of a sudden.

See my above posts for all the reasons I love the Kate story. I could do with less crazy Locke and Walt. I like them both but I'm not a big fan of Locke's backstory just because I expect so much more from a character like him. I thought it was cool but it couldn't hold my attention. I think more of Walt's backstory would have interested me but the way they did it through Michael didn't make it that interesting. So I hope we get more intersting Locke backstory because his island story is cool and a lot more Kate. I want more Claire, Hurley, and Shannon too. I think they all have a lot more story to tell then we've seen so far.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Jack/Kate/well.. even Locke feel kind of worn out. And since i know a non-flashback episdoe is probably not possible, at this point I would like more Claire/Walt/Jin/Sun in that order. !
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every one of them has run it's course already kinda I'm completely ready for the monster to fricking chow down and just give me a few fresh backstories! I already Love Art, the science teacher LOL
I once thought the same as you E, but I disagree with you on Kate's now. There is a LOT to go through there still. Stuff that NEEDS to be explained, not just made up out of the blue (like Jack's marriage )

Some oldies now that I think have lost their edge, and just need a start-up:
Jack - father issues... done! what else now huh?
Sayid - maybe something about the wartimes, but I doubt there will be anything that affects the plot much...
Sun - what else? How she came into contact with that lady who helped her out? Maybe daddy issues? (though they sure have played that parent issues card a lot...)
Jin- predictable. Poor guy wants to be important. Goes to city, falls in love with girl. you know the rest. Though it might be nice to see the process! *insert girly heart here*
Charlie - that last one was a HUUUUUUGGGGEEEE stretch already. I'd rather they just spend more time on him dealign with the heroine he will surely find in the plane

In-betweens:
Hurley- he found some numbers, and doesn't know what they mean wow, more backstory will tell us a LOT more! Though I would like to know more about that crazy friend of his, and possibly why he's called "Hurley"
Claire - MAYBE some "hints" about her being special or fated, or something... or somethign about her parents "practically disown[ing]" her
Micheal- don't really care what, but I hope it's just not about his relationship with Walt, is all. Might be nice to know about his art or something, especially if it fits into the plot somehow.

"MUST SEE"s
Locke- no way. MUST know how he got in the wheelchair and lost his hair. Not to mention anything else. Why is there boredom from his backstories from you, Lostcalier??! his backstories are M A Zing I'm afraid too many people see Locke as a flat character "the creepy guy". But he has a past, one where he didn't have a good life, but now he's on the island and it's as if everything completely turned around for him. I feel sorry for the poor guy in those flashbacks, which is what makes everything good that happens to him on the island, even if it's something bad for others, and makes me go "Yeah Locke! You deserve it buddy!"
Shannon- Losts of room from before she knew Boone. But hers isn't desperately needed either. Though I would like to know why she said to Sayid, when he stopped her from killing Locke "You just don't GET IT, do you?". It sounded like there was a deeper meaning to those words than what we might think...
Walt- all we need to know is why he's special. and if everything on the show is logical, like it should be, then there might not be anything to tell. Though I would enjoy being jerked around, and looking for the little weird things that happen around Walt
Kate- for ALL the reasons I stated above and in previous posts. I may not like her character much, or even these backstories, but there is a LOT that needs to be filled in. She will NOT be kicking the bucket any time soon I can count, like, three backstories already that are needed to solve her mystery, and that's not even counting the ones that will surely be made up to deepen the mystery other places. I'm flip flopping, ep 12 = WORST BACKSTORY EVER. Now = Intruiging!
Sawyer - why did he become a con man, despite having his life ruined by one in the first place? hmmm... plus, he needs some fixing up, linking that arrest he got in Boone's flashback to the rest of his past more clearly.

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri May 13, 2005 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got two things...

1.) I guess the whole toy airplane/Lucky Charms theory just got thrown in the trashcan, huh?

2.) And this is the fangirl in me talkin, but when are Claire and Charlie gonna ask someone (perhaps Sawyer, cause he seems to get the kid to be quiet for 2 minutes) to babysit so they can have a little "Tumble Time in their Tent?"

In all seriousness, I really liked this ep, and I agree that Kate has a lot of mileage in her. I'm really getting into her centric eps as they are of the cliffhangery variety. As much as I luv Sawyer and Jack, there's not that much else to tell of their backgrounds. The only thing I think left in Sawyer is the process of him becoming "Sawyer" (we saw him as a kid watching his parents die, and him taking out the real Sawyer, but there wasn't that in between stuff) and perhaps what his real name is... or did he say that already, I can't remember; with Jack, maybe what got his dad to Australia in the first place, what became of his marriage?

Okay, i'm being drowned out by the cheers of "Walt/Locke! Walt/Locke!" and I seriously don't mean that in a "fanfic Slash" type of way, cause creepy and wrong comes to mind.

B
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMFAO that post should be framed ^^

It would be kinda interesting to see what Sawyer went through to become the con artist.... hmmm.. scratch that, he's moving to my "MUST WATCH" category now But I kind of doubt that we'll get much of a twist that actually visibly affects the plot or his character in future episodes.

As for Walt, I'm goign with the flow I doubt that he has special powers. But then again, I think I'm gonna be twisted to believe he does when I see his backstory :p (and then I'll be twisted BACK to believing he DOESN'T again! LOL)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jack - father issues... done! what else now huh?

umm the story of his marriage to Sarah? I read on the fuselage that the marriage is actually over so there's a story there.

so about the episode, I thought it was good. Not boring or anything like some of you said. I like the flashback story, gives us a little more perspective on Kate (even though we still don't know what she did). I don't think Tom died in the crash. He could have survived easily (more story). Walt sees the future? I mean when Locke touched him and he was like "don't open it". Did he see the future of Locke? C/C shippers should be happy with this episode btw LOL. Overall I think this episode is good. The preview for next week looks intense! Can't wait 7 days for that man!

Btw, Evie was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L in that campfire scene.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me! How are all you Skate shippers taking this episode?! The words "because there ain't nothin on the island worth staying for" seem PRETTY strong to me
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO Jate!!!! YAY!!!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first feeling was "wow, did Evangeline ever get the chance to work on her 'whimper' face!" Because she was getting it from all sides! Jack thinks she poisoned Michael and Sawyer rats her out to the whole group. Then, of course, just about everybody turns their back on her by the end. Kate had a fairly rotten day, wouldn't you say?

I liked the part where Sawyer figured out she had been the prisoner (I actually would've expected him to have figured it out a lot sooner than this, would've liked to have seen him hold it over her for longer than, oh, roughly 30 seconds! ). I didn't like how he did the aforementioned ratting out, even though it was perfectly in his character to do so (the whole "you had me cornered" line of reasoning or whatever he said). You know me, I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to my Southern bad boy and I would've liked to see him be just a tad more noble. Yes, I just said that that wouldn't have been true to his character. That's also why I said I'm a hopeless romantic!

And was it just me or was his hair really, really in his face in this ep? Okay, I know, I know, nobody else cares about that. I'm just being thorough in my review...

Hobbes wrote:
That reminds me! How are all you Skate shippers taking this episode?! The words "because there ain't nothin on the island worth staying for" seem PRETTY strong to me

Oh, the Skater in me died like three thousand times in that one scene alone! *insert Ringwraith scream here* I literally was talking to the TV by then: "No, you know you don't mean that, you big jerk! And get your dang hair outta your face, would ya? Of course, you do look sorta cute with it all floppy in your eyes and all. And I'm sorry I called you a jerk. No, Saywer, don't leave! DON'T LEAVE!!!"

Okay, so I got a little emotional. You expected rational? Yeah, I thought his words were a little more over the top than I expected. Though, as he turned, you could see he was going to answer her one way, then he visibly changed his mind and chose to slam her with this instead. Don't really know why he felt compelled to layeth down yon olde verbal smackdown at that point, though. What was the reasoning behind that, do you think? Just trying to get a reaction out of her?

Gee, guess I'll have to ask the TV when I watch the next episode. Maybe somebody on there will know...

Hey, party at Aislynn's house next Wednesday! You know it has to be fun to watch "Lost" with me! I'm totally out of my mind and not afraid to admit it! B.Y.O.B.O.C! (Bring Your Own Bag Of Chips )

~Aislynn
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey, party at Aislynn's house next Wednesday! You know it has to be fun to watch "Lost" with me! I'm totally out of my mind and not afraid to admit it! B.Y.O.B.O.C! (Bring Your Own Bag Of Chips )

Ok so I'll see ya next Wednesday and I'll B.M.O.B (Bring My Own Bitch) LOL.

BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
LMFAO that post should be framed ^^

It would be kinda interesting to see what Sawyer went through to become the con artist.... hmmm.. scratch that, he's moving to my "MUST WATCH" category now But I kind of doubt that we'll get much of a twist that actually visibly affects the plot or his character in future episodes.

As for Walt, I'm goign with the flow I doubt that he has special powers. But then again, I think I'm gonna be twisted to believe he does when I see his backstory :p (and then I'll be twisted BACK to believing he DOESN'T again! LOL)

Ah-Thank ya!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: