Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linking LVI from other sites

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anarxaki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Linking LVI from other sites Reply with quote

Hi and sorry if this section is not the right one for my question

I recently (3 days ago) found this site. Since then I'm spending hours and hours (let's just say I heven't left the computer) watching the vids, laughing/crying and downloading them.
I had a thought. In greek LOST forums there aren't many references to fan-made vids. I was thinking of creating a thread there especially for that purpose. You know, posting the summary of the clip, all the necessary information about the vid and tha vidder, some view or download links and maybe a link back to LVI for all those who just can't get enough.
Is that ok with you? What are the rules for something like that?

Please help.
Thanx
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're welcome to link back to vids on LVI, or start a topic about the vids at your site, but why not just post links to the LVI Video Topics, instead of having to write everything? That way, your members can see the vids' full updated details, and it's fairly easy for them to post a comment on the video that the vidder can see (just register with the forums here and leave a message in the Vid Thread) Why have the comments and vids all spread out, and have the vidder never find them?

Thanks for liking the site! And welcome to LVI lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anarxaki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that would be the ideal thing to do, wouldn't it?
But, the vids are about 2.000.000.000.000.000.000 (or more) and Greeks are famous for our ouzo, not our patience.
If I give them a link with 45 pages they'll just ignore me.... But if I say "hey, this vid is about Jawyer, really funny" they'll look at it. And of course I'll encourage them to comment on it in the LVI Vid Thread, or just write myself what they said. Heheheh

Anyways, I'll give it a try and see which way works best.
I'll keep you posted
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh okay
Well if that's the case, then just go:

"Hey, this vid is about Jawyer, really funny: Click Here"

Then you don't have to write as much, and it works for everyone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: