Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wind Out of Sails? CHECK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Wind Out of Sails? CHECK! Reply with quote

I don't know what my chances are of getting an answer considering the fact that you posted about sending all letters out at the same time so I'm sure there'll be a lot of threads like this.

I had no idea this sucked. Honest.

The Stone: http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=364R3IU1Y17IU15G8ZMVCR8TPV

If it were Big Gay Boone I wouldn't even ask, but I worked super-fucking-hard on this video. Can I trade? Hahaha. Two for the price of one. Kidding! (Or am I?) Notice how I continue to put off asking the questions that this Sub-Forum was created to ask... Might as well get it over with.

So... any whys and wherefores council members?
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted on another thread so I'm just gonna copy and paste here, what a lazy ass I am, I know.

Quote:
KC if it's any consolation, your vid almost made it. It was a tough decision to make for all of us. We all know that a lot of effort was put in this video. We like the vid, but as you know we can't just accept every vid sent in. so... you know. You're improving a lot as a vidder. I am looking forward to see your next video. Besides, your Boone vids made it so that's good!! just keep viddin alright??

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To take a token line from the songstress Brandy, "Almost doesn't count."

It does help a little though.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well It should count! Laura was devastated. She didn't wanna be the one breaking it to you. I think KC, the problem is a vid is a little too long. And some parts are really good . while some are just dragging along. That's only my opinion though. So, I voted no. Sorry bout that. No hard feeelings alright? I'm sure you'll get better in the next one. And hey just so you know your vid doesn't suck!! Don't even think that alright?

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know everyone says "don't be discouraged." But I can't help but be.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! I guess I'm just as good as shit at this pep talk thing.

LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanna get a happy meal? KC you know my feelings on this, and I do ask the council members to be more specific on what KC might change to make this video better.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh, I promised Laura I'd be the one to break it to you KC
Well, it's ironic really, you put SO much effort into this video, that we can ALL see clearly but that's what, in the end, got it rejected >.< the video had great parts near the beginning that were just AWESOME, for instance: the alternating of Kate's photograph with that gausian flashback, but then, as time went on and the song neared the last 2 minutes of the nearly 6 minute song, very litle else happened to bring that excitement level up again and end the video with a good note >.< It was like a can of silly string... at the beginning it was awesome, but then it died down so much by the end, the string only falling out, that when it was over you couldn't remember the good part anymore to add to this, there were a lot of chances in that video where someone's attention could be grabbed once again, such as some clips to the beat or something.
So ultimately, all that effort that you put in there was what killed it. Nearly 6 minutes of clips without a hard storyline, or at least a really solid use of beats and effects to grab attention, is just a very very risky route to take >.<
If it's any consolation, Laura and Lostcalier liked you video a lot , so don't blame them, and I can personally say it was the hardest decision I've ever had to make in the last months >.<
But I still think, for your what... fourth?? video, this was amazing, and you need to keep going with these videos I'm sorry it turned out like this >.< I really am.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for trying to explain it to me Hobbes. Silly string huh? Well that's an interesting analogy. Haha. And I do appreciate all the kind words about keeping going and my potential and whatnot. It is good to know that the decision was hard for you. (I hope it was bloody torturous. )

I don't get this:

Quote:
So ultimately, all that effort that you put in there was what killed it.

But maybe I'm just off the page or something.

And 'zilla, you're fine. I'm just more capable of being a bratty whiner than I realize sometimes.

What I've learned from this: Don't use long songs. (The song is actually about seven and a half minutes long haha.)
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So ultimately, all that effort that you put in there was what killed it.

well by that I mean you worked so hard on those 6 minutes of video, but the 6 minutes was the cause of the problem! lol
Quote:
The song is actually about seven and a half minutes long haha.

dear God
yes. The moral is either don't use long songs, or cut them down to shorter songs (EVEN shorter, I mean), or make DAMNED sure that anybody watching it can easilly see the plot of the video, so they don't zone out >.<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool.

You can all go about your business now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: