Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attemping to make a vid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrawlingAngel85

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Attemping to make a vid Reply with quote

Okay, I really wanna make a LOST vid, but have no clue what program I should use etc, can someone please help me?
IcyHeart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new at this, too, but I use Windows Movie Maker. It should come with your computer. (At least mine did).
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep yep yep! And I recommend watching a few of the videos on here to get a good idea of what you like and don't like, maybe watch the two training videos. Then start up Windows Movie Maker and give it a try! (make sure you have service pack 2 for windows... or WMM will not work very well at ALL)

Charmax:
These are 2 tutorial sites for premiere vidders. I thought I would share the links as they could help others out. Smile
http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tutorials.htm
The forum at the above link is a great place. it can provide a lot of technical ideas.

The other site I frequent is > http://www.creativecow.net/
It has help and tutorials for a number of editing programs.

And one more tip while you're making your video: save OFTEN, or you might risk losing your work when WMM freezes (and it WILL)

Please feel free to ask any questions you have right here, and we'll answer as best we can. Or if you want, you can just add me on msn and I'll probably be able to get to you faster

Last edited by Hobbes on Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CrawlingAngel85

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kay, and one more thing, where's a good place to get the LOST clips like from the actual episodes? That doesn't take y'know forever to download cuz my mom only lets me stay on for 2 hours at a time.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not sure if that's possible... You CAN get individual scenes from Lost-Media.com, but entire episodes take a lot of time... see if your mom will let you just leave the download running overnight, or explain to her that you need it for a while for just that once. You don't need to be there while the download is taking place
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download chapters in zip format or full episodes using BiTtorrent from here > http://www.tvshows.nu/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=415

If you don't have much time the chapters will be the best option.

BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:

And one more tip while you're making your video: save OFTEN, or you might risk losing your work when WMM freezes (and it WILL)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has this problem. I luv using WMM (yes I have tried other programs, and I happen to be the 1% besides the freezing aspect who like the way it's set up) but I usually end up spouting obscenities at my computer when this happens. Stupid freaking computer Oh well, I guess that's the price we pay for artisitic value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: