- by Jemmz 03-02-2012Terra Nova: March 2012 contest 1st place winner! Terra Nova movie trailer. Hopefully this gets more people to watch it! Dedicated to Julia for giving me the idea, lol.
- by Guzik90ab 03-31-2012Nikita: March 2012 contest 2nd place winner!
- by aradnea 04-02-2012Dollhouse: March 2012 contest 3rd place winner!. Watch in HD and enjoy.
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
- by MariaPurt 03-01-2012La Femme Nikita: March 2012 contest submission.. *The World thinks you're dead*... *They are Section One, they own you now*.
Contest: Leap to the Big Screen
Deadline: March 31 - extended until April 3rd!
Have you ever watched a TV show and wondered what it would be like if it were a movie instead? Imagine seeing Terra Nova or Once Upon a Time stretched across the big screen while you dive into a buttery bag of popcorn. Which of the show's major plots would the movie focus on? Which of the characters would take center stage? What elements are most worthy of the silver screen? It's up to you to decide, because this month we're challenging you to take a TV show, imagine it as a movie, and then make an original movie trailer to show it off. And by original, we just mean no mash-up's, please.
Generally speaking we are looking for TV shows with at least seven episodes per season, with multiple seasons, and which do not have a movie version or one in the works. So, shows like Firefly, Glee, Arrested Development, and Stargate are right out. An exception would be Sherlock because although it has only three episodes per season, it is episodic and classified as a TV show. On that note, however, we don't want to see any mini-series, such as Sci-Fi's Tin Man or HBO's John Adams, or any made-for-TV movies. If you're not sure about your choice check IMDb and see how it's classified. And, if you're not sure if there is a movie version you can check here and here for lists of movies based on TV shows and TV shows based on movies. With close to seventy years of television trailing behind us, the sky is the limit and we can't wait to see what you come up with!
Most important of all, have fun!
Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make a trailer for a TV show as if it were a movie instead
• - TV shows only. No mini-series or made-for-TV movies
• - Use only content from the TV show
• - No mash-ups, AU's, or OC's please
• - Running time should be under five minutes. For this challenge, we strongly suggest the 1-3 minute range.
• - The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• - When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "March 2012 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.
General Contest Rules:
• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page.
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder.
• - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire and zshare are just a couple of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links. We do realise that there have been a lot of issues with file-sharing websites recently but if you can find anywhere that you're comfortable uploading to and that is easily accessible, that would be great!
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!