- by RedeemingTheUneven 01-14-2011Lost: January 2011 contest 1st place winner! An epic tale of redemption.
- by secret_neo 01-27-2011Lost: January 2011 contest 2nd place winner! To celebrate 5 years of vidding, here's a new trailer based off the epic Battle LA trailer, but re-worked to fit the secretive Dharma Initiative.
The Others (Oooohhhh) In no particular order
- by eloramoon 01-05-2011Lost: January 2011 contest submission. Non-Lost Music is Fall by Daft Punk, Tron: Legacy OST
Contest: "Epic Movie Trailers"
Deadline: February 1st - extended!
The lights go down, the music swells and, for the next few minutes, your eyes are glued to the screen. An epic movie first comes to life as an even more epic trailer and that's what we want to see this month: Lost presented as an epic movie trailer!
However you want to interpret "epic movie trailer" is up to you, so long as you use only Lost video footage (footage of the Losties in other roles is also allowed, just no crossovers with other fandoms, please). Whether you want to copy the style of or use the audio from an existing movie trailer or create your own story, it's your choice! Just get us pumped with excitement as only the most epic of movie trailers can do!
Specific Contest Rules:
• - Make an Lost vid in the style of an epic movie trailer.
• - Both canon and AU are acceptable, as are on Island, off Island, flashforward, flashsides, etc.
• - No OCs (Original Characters) or crossovers with other fandoms, please.
• - Things like title cards or text from the original trailer is allowed (if you're doing a Lost version of an existing trailer) but we'd rather you not use video footage from the trailer. The emphasis here is to show Lost as an epic movie, so we'd like the focus to stay on Lost.
• - Footage of Lost actors in other roles is allowed.
• - Running time should be no longer than 3 minutes. We suggest the 1 - 3 minute range.
• - The more creative, the better. Don't be afraid to take risks.
• - When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "January 2011 contest submission" exactly in your vid's description.
General Contest Rules:
• - Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page
• - All regular submissions Rules apply.
• - Only one entry per vidder
• - Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh. (Please contact a CM if you wish to enter a previously-submitted video)
• - Please do not use Rapidshare or Yousendit as your only hosting place.
• - If you're using Youtube as your primary link, please also provide us with an alternative link. Far too often, YT is either disabled or muted by the time the contest is ready to be judged. Mediafire, zshare and Megaupload are just a few of the sites out there that can be used as reliable backup links.
• - Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available to be watched at least until after the deadline has passed. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.
• - Have fun!